Old Dec 31, 2022, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UKtravelbear
Confirmed Suite Upgrades

Valid on flexible cash bookings (prepaid is a possibility sometimes)(reward bookings not yet eligible as of 6/6/23)
One cert is valid for up to 5 nights
Two or more certs could be combined
valid 12 month
need to call earliest 14 days or lates 24 hours ahead of stay to confirm the suite
does not include lounge access

(IHG Terms and Conditions)


Print Wikipost

Milestone Discussion: Confirmable Suite Upgrades

Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:16 pm
  #61  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: WAW
Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Posts: 2,534
Originally Posted by johnwick
Wonder that promotion stay 5 pay 4 at IHG lux n lifestyle rate can be stacked witch csu.. that would be nice
Only way to know for sure is to call and ask.
yurtripper is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:49 pm
  #62  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United Kingdom
Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Posts: 337
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Only way to know for sure is to call and ask.
Virtuoso and IHG Lux Life rate are not applicable. I found that out last month when trying it for IC Barcelona.

But, IC Barcelona upgraded me to a one bed suite anyway so turned out it would have been a waste, but it that I'd have known.
Smythmeister is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:30 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SIN (LEJ once a year)
Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 7,584
I'm feeling more and more inclined to take the 5k points. Even the corp Gold rate (if no negotiated rate, the one that has company name only, is available) usually discounts 12-18% off the BFR and is flexible and can cancel for free with 24-48hrs notice. It gets close to many more restrictive advance purchase rates.

Unless there is a property where BFR is okay and even corp Gold may not be valid for suites or such, it "may" make sense IF you can score a suite later. A lot of hassles. Hmmm
demue is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:17 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 637
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Virtuoso and IHG Lux Life rate are not applicable. I found that out last month when trying it for IC Barcelona.

But, IC Barcelona upgraded me to a one bed suite anyway so turned out it would have been a waste, but it that I'd have known.
What did you end up booking to get the 1 bedroom, the cheapest classic and you got the 1 bedroom as a Diamond Ambassador? That's a pretty good upgrade.

I'm staying there with points for 4 days and paying 4 days and going to book a classic.
moolman is offline  
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:06 am
  #65  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United Kingdom
Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Posts: 337
Originally Posted by moolman
What did you end up booking to get the 1 bedroom, the cheapest classic and you got the 1 bedroom as a Diamond Ambassador? That's a pretty good upgrade.

I'm staying there with points for 4 days and paying 4 days and going to book a classic.
I was travelling as two adults and my 10 year old. I booked king classic sofa bed.

Technically for 3 people the suite was the next category whne you book for 3 people, but I really didn't expect it as diamond ambassador.

I have to say that IC Barcelona is one of the best elite recognitions I've had for a long time. And go for lounge access, it's worth it there. Alcohol from opening to close.
moolman likes this.
Smythmeister is offline  
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:05 am
  #66  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 637
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
I was travelling as two adults and my 10 year old. I booked king classic sofa bed.

Technically for 3 people the suite was the next category whne you book for 3 people, but I really didn't expect it as diamond ambassador.

I have to say that IC Barcelona is one of the best elite recognitions I've had for a long time. And go for lounge access, it's worth it there. Alcohol from opening to close.
A bit of topic but I travel will a less than 2 year old. When did you start to add you child to the reservation? So far since he's under 2 especially, I've had no issues booking rooms that have a 2 person occupancy and he sleeps with us on the bed, when traveling, so I don't need a sofa bed or crib.
moolman is offline  
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:10 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United Kingdom
Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Posts: 337
Originally Posted by moolman
A bit of topic but I travel will a less than 2 year old. When did you start to add you child to the reservation? So far since he's under 2 especially, I've had no issues booking rooms that have a 2 person occupancy and he sleeps with us on the bed, when traveling, so I don't need a sofa bed or crib.
I've always booked 3 person rooms but more because I don't like being kicked and prodded by a child between us!

The size of the bed in Barcelona could have slept 3 adults, never mind 2 and a child!
Smythmeister is offline  
Old Jan 22, 2023, 6:17 pm
  #68  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 637
I tried one more time to use the Suite upgrade cert using my corporate rate, the person tried really hard, it won't do it in the system, despite the terms saying that it's not just BFG, it mentions, Member Discount which should include the Book Early Rate but they are saying no. And the terms say some corporate rates should work. Looks like I have to hope that these can be used on award stays eventually or they are not worth redeeming for.
moolman is offline  
Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:07 am
  #69  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Posts: 1,060
Has anyone tried to use a CSU with an AMB weekend night certificate?
Gastrocnemius is offline  
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:22 am
  #70  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Posts: 322
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
Has anyone tried to use a CSU with an AMB weekend night certificate?
Would like to know this too. I have a four night stay later in the year coming up and am hoping to use the CSU, but I have used a AMB on the front end of it.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
TheWiseOne is offline  
Old Jan 26, 2023, 12:50 pm
  #71  
Formerly known as newbie elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: YUL
Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Posts: 2,901
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
Has anyone tried to use a CSU with an AMB weekend night certificate?
So I wrote to [email protected] with this and another CSU question.

Wrote the email at 9:43 and got a reply at 13:33 which was appreciated

1) CSU use on AMB weekend night certificate, no go but a possibility in the future from what I read here

Confirmable Suite Upgrades cannot be used with the following rate types:
*Group rates, package tour or convention where charges are being paid by a third party
*Reward Night/Free Night (eligible at a future date)
*Non-Qualified rate like Wholesale, OTA, and Employee rate
*Prepaid rates if deposit is already applied
*Some hotel defined packages
2) Best Flexible rate is eligible even when bonus points are added to the rate (I had gotten ambiguous answers on the phone before)
ernestnywang likes this.
Admiral Ackbar is online now  
Old Jan 27, 2023, 11:19 am
  #72  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United Kingdom
Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Posts: 337
Bit rubbish that non refundable pukka IHG rates are not applicable. I have a "book early and save" rate at Le Grand in a couple of weeks. Be nice to use it there.
Smythmeister is offline  
Old Jan 27, 2023, 11:42 am
  #73  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 637
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Bit rubbish that non refundable pukka IHG rates are not applicable. I have a "book early and save" rate at Le Grand in a couple of weeks. Be nice to use it there.
It even says that member discount rate, which is the book early and save rate qualifies but their system isn't setup correctly. When they try the upgrade in the system, it doesn't work. Then they will ask a supervisor, the supervisor will say it's BFR, then you'll say, look at the terms, they will say, well it's BFR, you go in a circle and then you give up. The rep I spoke to was really nice and I could tell she was trying to apply the upgrade before asking someone because I got 7 emails, each time telling me that my booking was changed, but it stayed the same room class. I rebooked to BFR and she was able to upgrade instantly, no issues, so it's computer coded and they can't seem to override it.
ernestnywang likes this.
moolman is offline  
Old Jan 27, 2023, 11:18 pm
  #74  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SIN (LEJ once a year)
Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 7,584
Thanks for sharing. I just went ahead and took the 5k points as the hassles and vagaries involved with scoring this upgrade and the BFR premium in rate for the stays I had in mind is not worth it.

Too bad, this could be a great instrument like Hyatt TSUs, if IHG could make it applicable for more rates and work out the IT gremlins. Maybe next year then.
demue is offline  
Old Jan 28, 2023, 8:25 am
  #75  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Programs: IHG
Posts: 1,316
Edit - responded to wrong post.
turner32 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.