Old Dec 31, 2022, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UKtravelbear
Confirmed Suite Upgrades

Valid on flexible cash bookings (prepaid is a possibility sometimes)(reward bookings not yet eligible as of 6/6/23)
One cert is valid for up to 5 nights
Two or more certs could be combined
valid 12 month
need to call earliest 14 days or lates 24 hours ahead of stay to confirm the suite
does not include lounge access

(IHG Terms and Conditions)

Print Wikipost

Milestone Discussion: Confirmable Suite Upgrades

Old May 23, 2023, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA, QF, DL, A3, IHG
Just successfully applied CSU for a two night stay at the IC in HK. Advance Saver Member Rate, and deposit may have already been taken.

King Classic Room -> King Skyline Harbour View (Comp Upgrade) -> 1 Bedroom Suite Skyline Harbour View (CSU)
FLYGVA and pretzlaff like this.
Old May 23, 2023, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I was finally going to be able to use my suite upgrade next month (before it expires the following month). I booked a two bed room with lounge access for one night at an IC. Just noticed they upgraded me to a junior suite. I am Ambassador/Diamond.

From what I can tell, there is only one type of suite available above the junior suite (a full one bedroom suite). I am now wondering if Ill be able to apply the suite upgrade or will they stick to the only entry level suites will be available.
Old May 23, 2023, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by ARR72
I was finally going to be able to use my suite upgrade next month (before it expires the following month). I booked a two bed room with lounge access for one night at an IC. Just noticed they upgraded me to a junior suite. I am Ambassador/Diamond.

From what I can tell, there is only one type of suite available above the junior suite (a full one bedroom suite). I am now wondering if Ill be able to apply the suite upgrade or will they stick to the only entry level suites will be available.
It's supposed to be entry level, but you can try...haha
Old May 24, 2023, 9:58 pm

Programs: IHG DA, HH Diamond, AMEX Plat
Learned from the customer services in China that we can apply CSUs on reward stays (points) starting from June 1. Great news if that's actually happening.
Old May 25, 2023, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by rickesh
Learned from the customer services in China that we can apply CSUs on reward stays (points) starting from June 1. Great news if that's actually happening.
I was also told by customer service agent it would start 31st May

I just tried using CSU but was told that some hotels don't accept the vouchers and that they can check which ones do. Is this true? It's possible that they were just checking if an entry level suite was available for my dates
Old Jun 2, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond
Looks like it's happened.

Has anyone been successful getting them applied to TA rates?
Old Jun 2, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by moolman
It's supposed to be entry level, but you can try...haha
Booking Twin Rooms severely limits upgrades because very few suites offer twin or more beds.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 9:37 am

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Gold, IHG One Rewards Platinum, SNCF Grand Voyager le club, Hertz 5* Gold,
Reading back through the previous messages (especially #122~) and T&Cs, is there any further clarity about what rates can have a SNU applied? For the dates i'm looking at a Member Rate is available which is fine, but only "non-refundable, deposit required" - so perhaps not a pre-paid rate rate and still allowed? Or it needs to be "refundable, no deposit required"?
Old Jun 5, 2023, 7:48 am

Tried using the CSU on an award stay coming up in 13 days, it was a big fat no....lol... nothing changed, they wanted me to book BFG. My corporate rate worked before, now being told, no on that too. BFG.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 11:15 am

Anybody ever used these on a Staybridge suites? Seeing what suites would be available there.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Tried using the CSU on an award stay coming up in 13 days, it was a big fat no....lol... nothing changed, they wanted me to book BFG. My corporate rate worked before, now being told, no on that too. BFG.
Wow, what an absolute hassle. I have an unused CSU and thinking i wont actually be able to use it. I wonder if I called IHG, theyd consider swapping it for the 5,000 points.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Has anyone actually been successful in applying a CSU to a reward booking yet?

I've tried with two different agents today who both insisted that nothing has changed and reward bookings aren't eligible for CSUs. The second agent told me I could start a case if I could find it referenced anywhere on the IHG website, but the only place I see it mentioned is a recent Loyalty Lobby blog article and here. The official terms and conditions still say reward reservations are not yet eligible (https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page). Does anyone have an official IHG reference that states CSUs can now be used for reward reservations?

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 6, 2023, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Has anyone actually been successful in applying a CSU to a reward booking yet?

I've tried with two different agents today who both insisted that nothing has changed and reward bookings aren't eligible for CSUs. The second agent told me I could start a case if I could find it referenced anywhere on the IHG website, but the only place I see it mentioned is a recent Loyalty Lobby blog article and here. The official terms and conditions still say reward reservations are not yet eligible (https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page). Does anyone have an official IHG reference that states CSUs can now be used for reward reservations?

-FlyerBeek
It looks like that blog post was total BS or to give the benefit of the doubt, it wasn't implemented yet. I tried calling again to see if a different agent can do it. Nope. We should just move along, nothing to see, that blog isn't right.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
It looks like that blog post was total BS or to give the benefit of the doubt, it wasn't implemented yet... We should just move along, nothing to see, that blog isn't right.
Agree. I just updated the wiki here on reflect that reward bookings are still not yet eligible for CSUs.

-FlyerBeek
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 11:22 pm

Is the upgrade typically reflected on the booking with the new room type? Called in to apply it but it still shows the original room type after a day

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.