Old Dec 31, 2022, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UKtravelbear
Confirmed Suite Upgrades

Valid on flexible cash bookings (prepaid is a possibility sometimes)(reward bookings not yet eligible as of 6/6/23)
One cert is valid for up to 5 nights
Two or more certs could be combined
valid 12 month
need to call earliest 14 days or lates 24 hours ahead of stay to confirm the suite
does not include lounge access

(IHG Terms and Conditions)

Print Wikipost

Milestone Discussion: Confirmable Suite Upgrades

Old Jan 1, 2023, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by moolman
Exactly, so the answer is no.
I dont read that as saying you can't use the suite upgrade if you're staying on a paid night + free weekend night.

I read it as saying you can't "stack" the suite upgrade with the guaranteed Ambassador upgrade.

So you can't apply the suite upgrade and then say "Now upgrade my suite to the presidential suite, it's my right as an Ambassador member."

Last edited by jphripjah; Jan 2, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Old Jan 1, 2023, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I dont read that as saying you can't use the suite upgrade if you're staying on a paid night + free weekend night.

I read it as saying you can't "stack" the suite upgrade with the guaranteed Ambassador upgrade.

So you can apply the suite upgrade and then say "No upgrade my suite to the presidential suite, it's my right as an Ambassador member."
Try using the upgrade certificate and let us know then. I interpret the fine print as, if you are an amb or RA, you get the upgrade because you are Amb or RA and can't do the double upgrade with the cert. You're wasting your certificate since you'll get an upgrade already. If you're not Amb or RA, you can call in to use the upgrade certificate.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 7:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Try using the upgrade certificate and let us know then. I interpret the fine print as, if you are an amb or RA, you get the upgrade because you are Amb or RA and can't do the double upgrade with the cert. You're wasting your certificate since you'll get an upgrade already. If you're not Amb or RA, you can call in to use the upgrade certificate.
That doesn't make a lot of sense because ambassadors are only guaranteed a one category upgrade not a suite upgrade.
milemission, ARR72 and ninjalot like this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:26 pm

That doesn't make a lot of sense because ambassadors are only guaranteed a one category upgrade not a suite upgrade.
Try it and report back and see if you get a higher room by using the certificate, that would be great. Remember that the cert says lowest suite room.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:10 am

Ok, I agree with you that it can be used at an Intercontinental to get the most basic suite. I guess I've been getting lucky and getting upgraded to at least a Jr. Suite, which I assume is what the Certificate will give you but the Amb benefit is one upgrade, so technically, they can give you an upgrade from Classic to a Premium room and not give you the suite.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:40 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
The weekend certificate has to be booked with special rate , the suite upgrade only works with best flex !
Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:06 am

That's exactly how I interpreted it.

It's correct that it applies to best flexible rate. May give it a go anyway
Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:11 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by ninjalad
The weekend certificate has to be booked with special rate , the suite upgrade only works with best flex !

But the weekend certificate is based on best flex.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Is there any insight into what "...select Corporate...rates" being eligible actually means in practice?

I suppose the only way to know it to test my specific corporate code, but I'd be interested to see if there are any experiences of where this has worked (or not) for others.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
I wonder if we will ever see this adapted so that you can use it on reward nights. My thinking is no, with the vouchers having proved difficult to implement.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: IHG
Difficult to get value from this, where Best flex rate can be much higher than the advance rate. For example, IC Park Lane next week. Advance purchase circa 350, and Best flex over 500.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by turner32
Difficult to get value from this, where Best flex rate can be much higher than the advance rate. For example, IC Park Lane next week. Advance purchase circa 350, and Best flex over 500.
I agree. I have a stay next month here (icpl) and was planning to use my first suite upgrade. For the week Im in London, I may as well just book the prepaid rate for a premium room/suite and save the upgrade for another stay. Id actually end up saving several pounds per day.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 6:54 pm

When someone gets a chance to test out the suite upgrade cert, please post. I use a corporate rate for my company so I'm hoping for the best since it says some corporate rates apply. I'm comparing the best flex rate vs just getting the suite and it's so close, it's not worth the hassle, I might as well have taken the 5000 or 10000 points for the milestone.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 7:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
When someone gets a chance to test out the suite upgrade cert, please post. I use a corporate rate for my company so I'm hoping for the best since it says some corporate rates apply. I'm comparing the best flex rate vs just getting the suite and it's so close, it's not worth the hassle, I might as well have taken the 5000 or 10000 points for the milestone.
So I tried this with a government rate at an InterContinental. T&C specifically say Govt rates are eligible. When I called to try to do a suite upgrade, the agent said I needed to book the lowest room category to apply the upgrade. Did not see that in the T&C anywhere (I think I had King Classic booked vs standard). But she saw I had another upcoming reservation at a Holiday Inn (govt rate) and said she could apply the suite upgrade there...but that hotel doesn't even have suites. The number I called noted in the Rewards Wallet got me transferred to the overseas/outsourced support center so not sure if there was a language barrier issue.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
So I tried this with a government rate at an InterContinental. T&C specifically say Govt rates are eligible. When I called to try to do a suite upgrade, the agent said I needed to book the lowest room category to apply the upgrade. Did not see that in the T&C anywhere (I think I had King Classic booked vs standard). But she saw I had another upcoming reservation at a Holiday Inn (govt rate) and said she could apply the suite upgrade there...but that hotel doesn't even have suites. The number I called noted in the Rewards Wallet got me transferred to the overseas/outsourced support center so not sure if there was a language barrier issue.
I would try again with a different agent. Isn't the classic room the lowest room category? That's the only room I'm allowed to book when I travel for work...haha...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.