Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 1:38 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Thanks, ET. That was what I'd expected, based on (long ago) experience of qualifying for new levels in the old Priority Club.

I'll drop them a line.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Have you tried logging out and back in again as that forces a refresh and usually sorts things out.

HAd to to that last week when my points had posted but the points / nights totals hadn't updated.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Can someone help me with a Spire Benefit question? I haven't got my Spire benefit this year even though I qualified in 2021 via points. IHG are saying that the Spire Benefit is awarded immediately once you qualify and not in the following year, is this correct as I really don't remember it being like this previously?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:43 am
IMH

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Have you tried logging out and back in again
Yes -- that isn't the problem. My account seems to be in semi-limbo. I'm also still waiting for "2X Unlimited" points from my last two stays, in one case 13 days after the stay and 11 days after the standard points posted.

I've written to IHG but of course their reply is likely to take a day or two.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Can someone help me with a Spire Benefit question? I haven't got my Spire benefit this year even though I qualified in 2021 via points. IHG are saying that the Spire Benefit is awarded immediately once you qualify and not in the following year, is this correct as I really don't remember it being like this previously?
For the last few years, the benefit offer has appeared in my account immediately (from recollection you can't see it on the app). However, before that it wasn't working for me and I had a devil of a job trying to convince them of that (it took months to get resolved properly). I've no idea what happened to make it automatic though.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by where2travel
For the last few years, the benefit offer has appeared in my account immediately (from recollection you can't see it on the app). However, before that it wasn't working for me and I had a devil of a job trying to convince them of that (it took months to get resolved properly). I've no idea what happened to make it automatic though.
Yeah, I have finally figured out the problem. They're saying that I took the benefit in March last year, when in fact that was owing to my reward for being rolled in 2020. Fortunately for me, it wasn't possible for me to have been awarded it in March 2021 as by that point I had only accured 42k point and didn't go over 55k until April, thus I still have the statements showing on my account.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:14 pm

Yeah, I have finally figured out the problem. They're saying that I took the benefit in March last year, when in fact that was owing to my reward for being rolled in 2020. Fortunately for me, it wasn't possible for me to have been awarded it in March 2021 as by that point I had only accured 42k point and didn't go over 55k until April, thus I still have the statements showing on my account.
Did you earn Spire in 2020 or was it gifted? Did you convince them to give the 25,000 for your earned 2021 Spire status?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Anyone book an above 40k award using a Chase cert and “topping off” with points? That feature and the other Chase IHG card “enhancements” supposedly went live today
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Anyone book an above 40k award using a Chase cert and “topping off” with points? That feature and the other Chase IHG card “enhancements” supposedly went live today
Just tried. It does not work with my free night from the old IHG card. 👎
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Anyone book an above 40k award using a Chase cert and “topping off” with points?
See some details in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34103096-post452.html. It apparently works with a Premier cert and not with a Select cert.
uastarflyer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I qualified on points in 2021 and was immediately offered the Spire benefit. I took the 25000 points.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I've today hit the 55k qualifying points but no 25k bonus nor an extension to the date for Spire. I seem to recall it being instant in previous years?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:10 am
IMH

Interesting, Smythmeister, and (kind of) reassuring to know that it's not just me [...].

Has anyone either reached or retained Spire (or any other level) in recent weeks and seen their account update in the way we'd expect?

Last edited by IMH; Mar 28, 2022 at 9:37 am Reason: Edited to remove reference to an earlier post that has since been moved.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:07 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I have moved a couple of posts to separate threads:

All post regarding the 50k points targeted promotion for 20 nights: See this thread
All post regarding bonus points packages to reach spire faster: See this thread

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
ernestnywang and khabah like this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:38 am
IMH

The limbo apparently caused by the program change continues. My missing points have posted but I remain firmly stuck at Platinum:

"almost there"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.