Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
I might have asked this already, but just to confirm: Has IHG confirmed that everyone's current status will be extended until 2/28/23 to coincide with the new program dates? If so, are people seeing this reflected in their accounts or still showing a 12/31/22 expiration like me? Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got 31st Dec 2022 for Spire, and the 1st Feb 2023 for Ambassador.
js1993 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by js1993
I might have asked this already, but just to confirm: Has IHG confirmed that everyone's current status will be extended until 2/28/23 to coincide with the new program dates? If so, are people seeing this reflected in their accounts or still showing a 12/31/22 expiration like me? Thanks.
My status is indeed extended until Feb 2023 :

"We brought some changes to our program to help you manage your status, points and benefits :
  • Your IHG rewards status has been automatically extended until Feb. 23"

Fred
js1993 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by schlegfr
My status is indeed extended until Feb 2023 :

"We brought some changes to our program to help you manage your status, points and benefits :
  • Your IHG rewards status has been automatically extended until Feb. 23"

Fred
Right, I've had that notice in my account for a month or two, but the actual status expiration still says 12/31/22 on the status-progress page. Thanks.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:52 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I'm out of limbo.

My initial message didn't get a response, but I mentioned the issue in a later exchange (about missing points) and my promotion to Spire has now been processed manually. The 25,000 bonus points posted instantly and the status expiry date is showing as 31 December 2023.

The message from IHG confirmed that this is a known issue that technical support is currently working on.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by IMH
I'm out of limbo.

My initial message didn't get a response, but I mentioned the issue in a later exchange (about missing points) and my promotion to Spire has now been processed manually. The 25,000 bonus points posted instantly and the status expiry date is showing as 31 December 2023.

The message from IHG confirmed that this is a known issue that technical support is currently working on.
Welcome to Diamond.. and a very long time in limbo
IMH likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
As tomorrow is April 1st (known as April IHG Fools day), is there a chance IHG will reveal their new program enhancements....
The suspense is too much...
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, National EE
Originally Posted by IMH
I'm out of limbo.

Hi IMH,
How did you message/communicate with IHG? I'm in the exact same situation. I messaged them from the website, haven't received a response yet. Or did you call? If so, just the phone number in the app? Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:40 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CountdeMonet
Hi IMH,
How did you message/communicate with IHG?
My first attempt was a message using the website contact form. I can't remember which category I chose, but after three or four days I hadn't had a response. I then sent a separate "missing points" message to chase some "2x Unlimited" points. That brought a prompt email response, so I hit "reply" and asked about my promotion to Spire. A few hours later, that had been dealt with too.

If I was starting over I'd probably start with "missing points" as a category -- your message should reach someone who is able to look at and change your account. Good luck!
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by IMH
If I was starting over I'd probably start with "missing points" as a category -- your message should reach someone who is able to look at and change your account. Good luck!
Thanks, I just did the same after being stuck in 'almost there limbo' for a few days, My points and bonus actually posted quite quickly, but as you say, it does get you to someone with the right access to your account. Although as a lowly Club member trying to get some status again, I doubt they will be in a big hurry to upgrade me
IMH likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: PC Plat IC RA / SPG GOLD
IHG Rewards Email About Program Refresh In April 2022 - LoyaltyLobby
Will the new membership be released on April 11th? : )
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by js1993

Not sure why they'd need two months of training before rolling this out.
slow learners
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by vickh
slow learners
no need to be rude.

there are a lot of people who need to be trained and that can’t be done overnight.
khabah likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
no need to be rude.

there are a lot of people who need to be trained and that can’t be done overnight.
Little to no benefits before...little to no benefits after...training done.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Little to no benefits before...little to no benefits after...training done.
If you don't value the benefits why don't you take your business to another chain? Personally, I have no issue with IHG, I've had a 100% upgrade success rate for the last two years and over 70% of the time I get upgraded to a suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.