IHG Program Update March 2022

Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by jerrremy
so when are they revealing more details about the new program. Flying off soon and want to make use of the "new" benefits, hopefully i'll get lounge access, suite upgrade and free breakfast. Lol
looks like i was right!!!!
mster, wsc, jokerjokerj and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Jerrremy
looks like i was right!!!!
It was like betting the 10,000 to 1 and winning. Congrats.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I’m a Diamond Ambassador and staying it IC Miami at the end of this month. I’m wondering what will be offered by then.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, I'll be damned. Did the many surveys and feedback and discussion in places like here on FT finally amount to something?

Overall sounds like a sensible assembly of benefits from various other programs and combining them into a reasonably appealing package.

I do wonder whether those benefits for Diamond & Platinum will also apply for reward night bookings as I didn't seem to catch anything about that in the FAQs. I sincerely hope so, especially the Diamond breakfast and if someone uses a milestone award. To be clarified I guess.

Definitely will keep my interest peaked in IHG and help to retain or even increase my business with them again.

Well done so far, interested to see how it pans out on reality over the course of this year. YMMV.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by buzglyd
I’m a Diamond Ambassador and staying it IC Miami at the end of this month. I’m wondering what will be offered by then.
They said benefits will only be rolled out by June....
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:00 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by dw
Same thinking here-- I'm someone who has qualified for Spire every year based on a combination of stays + credit card spend for those stays. Unfortunately, the double whammy of increased qualification requirements and the removal of credit card spend toward those requirements...
Where did you see this? Can someone confirm?

I previously assumed that 120k points required for Diamond meant 12k USD spend required, or if paying with IHG credit card, it's 6k USD if putting all IHG-related spend on the IHG card. If they pulled the plug on the latter for the calculation of base points, then I missed it. Earlier this year, I can definitely state that my base points have gone up based on credit card spend so if what you are staying is true, perhaps the plug has not been pulled yet.

If I can get Diamond for $6k USD spend it seems the quicker route than 70 nights. But if it's $12k USD or 70 nights then it's pretty much a toss up about which hurdle is easier or more difficult.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by escape4
Where did you see this? Can someone confirm?

I previously assumed that 120k points required for Diamond meant 12k USD spend required, or if paying with IHG credit card, it's 6k USD if putting all IHG-related spend on the IHG card. If they pulled the plug on the latter for the calculation of base points, then I missed it. Earlier this year, I can definitely state that my base points have gone up based on credit card spend so if what you are staying is true, perhaps the plug has not been pulled yet.

If I can get Diamond for $6k USD spend it seems the quicker route than 70 nights. But if it's $12k USD or 70 nights then it's pretty much a toss up about which hurdle is easier or more difficult.
i think it is from the change of T&C for the credit cards, spent that earn from IHG credit cards are no longer elite qualifying after March 23.
so you will need to spend 12k in IHG hotels for 120k points as opposed to 6k USD previously.
IMH and escape4 like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I have a question. Since Ambassador members will automatically get IHG Platinum status, will those members have Lounge Access as well? Many thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:32 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by lesteryen
I have a question. Since Ambassador members will automatically get IHG Platinum status, will those members have Lounge Access as well? Many thanks.
Plat does not give lounge access; 40 nights does. For some people Plat and 40 nights are the same but for others such as people getting Plat via Amb, it's not the same.
Reason077 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
For some of these benefits (lounge/confirmed suite upgrade) to work, members must reach a certain nights treshold by staying at the hotels.

A smart idea as it will spread the usage only across the most loyal guests staying physically at their hotels, a true rewards motive.

Even smarter because status+bennies is too easily given with holding a certain creditcard and we can all see how trampled the (zoo)lounges are at the competitors (hyatt/hilton/marriott)
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
The best win is the breakfast benefit for diamonds (finally!)

The most intriguing question at the moment is......
1 will all benefits still apply at reward stays?
2 will hotels not try to evade by offering :
a) new upgrade bogus room/suite subcatagories
b) dilute breakfast terms: continental vs full buffet ?

3 early checkin / late checkout granted, better to asked by emailing in advance or at reception, or new online request tool?
336 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by HadesNL

The most intriguing question at the moment is......
1 will all benefits still apply at reward stays?
2 will hotels not try to evade by offering :
a) new upgrade bogus room/suite subcatagories
b) dilute breakfast terms: continental vs full buffet ?

3 early checkin / late checkout granted, better to asked by emailing in advance or at reception, or new online request tool?
1 sure they will tell later not
2 a yes ofc they will give junior suite or even mini-suite
2 b continental in americas for sure
3 as usual

my 2.0123456789 cents
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Depends on your stay profile.

40 nights = lounge access - so if the hotel does a decent breakfast in the lounge then that's all you need...

But if you are just travel hacking Diamond status via your credit card spend, then definitely breakfast is the winner.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by lesteryen
i think no. it is a benefits for spending 40 nights
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:44 am

will an upgrade to suite able to access to lounge?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.