IHG Program Update March 2022

Old Apr 12, 22, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
Well they managed to convince a bunch of people to do unnecessary stays to achieve status early so there is not much incentive to provide anything new now. They may as well just slap on the new name and be done with it for this year😃
They also managed to convince some people (like me) to be done with IHG once they've cleared their points stash, so that might even out.
Jerrremy likes this.
Old Apr 12, 22, 9:07 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
They also managed to convince some people (like me) to be done with IHG once they've cleared their points stash, so that might even out.
Same here. The amount of points required to get Diamond is way too high so why even bother. I would still get Platinum just holding the credit card and not staying at all which has just about the same benefits and hold Marriott Titanium and Hilton Gold so not much need for IHG at this point. If there were some amazing new benefits coming they would have already told people that before raising the amount of status points to achieve it. We are rapidly reaching the half way point in the year and all they have done is made it more difficult to achieve with no additional benefit at all. Text book case as to how to make people lose interest completely.
Jerrremy and Mordac like this.
Old Apr 12, 22, 9:35 am
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Plat
Same here. The amount of points required to get Diamond is way too high so why even bother.
Same thinking here-- I'm someone who has qualified for Spire every year based on a combination of stays + credit card spend for those stays. Unfortunately, the double whammy of increased qualification requirements and the removal of credit card spend toward those requirements... plus the fact that no tangible enhanced benefits for Diamond have even been announced to date... has made me decide to just drop to Platinum which I will get from the credit card anyway.
bob12403, Jerrremy and Super Mario like this.
Old Apr 12, 22, 1:27 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by Jerrremy View Post
lol then whats the point of IHG spending millions on a loyalty program if it's going to flop on arrival and not give the consumer what they want.
Every thing is speculation, ..we all know deep down that there will be nothing ''amazing'' just new words to describe the ...so called Diamond enhancements..

All good fun though..

Priority Car Parking is my guess..
Old Apr 12, 22, 1:30 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Must be more than just drinking something. There is a very high chance that Diamond is a lesser version of Spire with more status points needed to qualify.
Most probable..
I did like my Red Spire card when is first came out, was good for cleaning the ice of my car windscreen in the mornings..
Cant see a platinum '' virtual'' card on the app working so well..
Old Apr 12, 22, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jerrremy View Post
lol then whats the point of IHG spending millions on a loyalty program if it's going to flop on arrival and not give the consumer what they want.
We've been asking ourselves that since the launch of Spire Elite on June 10th 2015. When it was announced we were told "New exciting benefits" were "Coming soon". Spire is about to be history any day soon and we are still waiting.

They have form for announcing new tiers, getting people to pile on the nights/points then not delivering so until the goods are actually on the table expect nothing.
336 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 22, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20 View Post
We've been asking ourselves that since the launch of Spire Elite on June 10th 2015. When it was announced we were told "New exciting benefits" were "Coming soon". Spire is about to be history any day soon and we are still waiting.

They have form for announcing new tiers, getting people to pile on the nights/points then not delivering so until the goods are actually on the table expect nothing.
As I was suspecting it looks like they are delivering this time:
https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/04/12/...lounge-access/
demue, chrism20, HadesNL and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 12, 22, 4:00 pm

Programs: BAEC gold, M&M FQTV
Loyalty Lobby has the details of the new program on their site.
https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/04/12/...lounge-access/

specifics include breakfast for Diamond members, suite upgrades for Diamond and Platinum, and milestone awards (like Hyatt) every 10 nights starting at 20 nights. At 40 nights you can choose lounge access for a year.

Seems better than expected. Most new benefits will start in June.
mster, HadesNL, Dingpong and 2 others like this.

Last edited by eefor jfp; Apr 12, 22 at 4:04 pm Reason: HHonors Outsider beat me by eleven minutes. I was typing slowly and going back and forth between sites.
Old Apr 12, 22, 4:04 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Nice try. April Fool's Day was 11 days ago.
Old Apr 12, 22, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Wonder what happens with milestone rewards already earned, blurb says from Jan 2022 but only 90 days to claim?
Old Apr 12, 22, 4:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Location: AMSTERDAM = one of those attic homes with steepstaircases of death
Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Wink Just 1 word: WOW !

Let me be the first to comment.....

Wow! Didn't see this coming.....

Will read through the article again because it complete changes the outlook.

First WoW: diamonds getting lounge access across all IHG hotels (even IC!)
[EDIT] : i see after fullfilling 40 nights requirement
and chosing it as milestone benefit (still pretty nifty!)

[EDIT2] : I have this notion that in the near future the ambassador programme will cease to exist and in due time be folded into the new IHG one rewards programme, judging by the benefits being offered by the new relaunched diamond status. So finally 1 complete loyalty programme for the whole IHG-family.

[EDIT3] :

Diamond & Royal Ambassador benefits really seem to overlap under the new relaunch.

So i think this is THE step of IHG finally getting one complete loyaltyprogramme for all brands in the complete IHG family.

Could be maybe that next year:
all existing Royal Ambassadors will be transfered to Diamond status
all existing Ambassadors will be transfered to platinum status

Ending finally the confusing IHG approach of hosting 3 different loyaltyschemes at the same time.

The app had been updated with a new section:
- extra benefits - (could be the placeholder for the milestone choice benefits)

Let me express my wow with:

mster and drod like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Apr 12, 22 at 5:12 pm
Old Apr 12, 22, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by strickers View Post
Wonder what happens with milestone rewards already earned, blurb says from Jan 2022 but only 90 days to claim?
My information is we will be able to start claiming them in June at the earliest and September at the latest
mster likes this.
Old Apr 12, 22, 4:21 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Shots fired!

This is quite a revamp. IHG status is now worth having, assuming the properties actually honor all of this.
sobore, mster and drod like this.
Old Apr 12, 22, 5:00 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Surprised! Havent really posted here for about 3 years at all, let alone reading, but now they got me backwaitat least partly. Will see
Old Apr 12, 22, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA / IHG / Hilton / Hertz / Avis
Pleasantly surprised. The milestone awards make perfect sense and reward loyalty, however disappointed at the staggered rollout with many benefits, particularly breakfast not launching until June at the earliest. I would have thought free breakfast would have been an easy rollout and one that would have enticed an immediate influx of business. For discussion at IC Phuket later this week!!

Search this Thread