Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by VictorHugo
Well if you're in Asia at the moment, you're in luck. Just extended Spire for a year more

Spent 10 nights in couple of HIXs in Jakarta, Indonesia. Spent 320$ in total and received 56000 points in return!

Not just Indonesia, I could see similar rates being offered in Malaysia, China and India.
Sorry for OT: What promotion am I missing?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: Life
Originally Posted by Perisai
Sorry for OT: What promotion am I missing?
Buy bonus points package.
Perisai likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Holiday Inn Mumbai 3K Points 300 Rupees per night..Very good package..
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
Holiday Inn Mumbai 3K Points 300 Rupees per night..Very good package..
I would do a 300k points package at that rate!
Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
March 24th? Just received a mailing regarding changing benefits to my IHG Premier credit card that referenced all the changes would be in effect March 24, 2022, to include spend (>$40k) qualifying for Diamond status. Based on that, curious if anyone else thinks that 3/24 might be the switchover date for the new IHG program?

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 27, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
The web site still says it launches "in a few months."

IHG, as always, right on top of things.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
The web site still says it launches "in a few months."

IHG, as always, right on top of things.
That'll be 2023 then..
Old Feb 27, 2022, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I would do a 300k points package at that rate!
Thats 100 Nights..are you mad...the food ..yuk..;-)
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
March 24th? Just received a mailing regarding changing benefits to my IHG Premier credit card that referenced all the changes would be in effect March 24, 2022, to include spend (>$40k) qualifying for Diamond status. Based on that, curious if anyone else thinks that 3/24 might be the switchover date for the new IHG program?

-FlyerBeek
I haven't received a similar mailing but have heard March 24th as the potential date for the beginning of the program--and the end of requalification by the old method. It's one of the reasons I shifted a stay to IHG last night and bought a 5K bonus point package. My previous stay, last Friday, would have put me over the top for Spire/Diamond once the 2X Bonus points promotion and my credit card spending for the stay posted, but I didn't want to take a chance that either would post after the end date, March 24th or whenever it is, and decided that one more stay with the purchase of the points package, which will probably post Tuesday or Wednesday, was a safe choice.

Now, we'll all see whether the new Diamond level offers any benefits that make it worth retaining. I'll have about 21 months to figure that out.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
My previous stay, last Friday, would have put me over the top for Spire/Diamond once the 2X Bonus points promotion and my credit card spending for the stay posted, but I didn't want to take a chance that either would post after the end date, March 24th or whenever it is, and decided that one more stay with the purchase of the points package, which will probably post Tuesday or Wednesday, was a safe choice.

Now, we'll all see whether the new Diamond level offers any benefits that make it worth retaining. I'll have about 21 months to figure that out.
I've got the exact same thoughts as you. Just transferred Ultimate Rewards to cover the difference and requalify for Spire at 55k just in case the program changes are implemented before March 24th. Probably a waste in the end, but who knows. At least I got the 25k Spire bonus, which made up for having to burn UR points for IHG points/status (something I'd normally never even consider).

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:10 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Ambassador, Inner Circle; Marriott/SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Rumor

Ive heard from another group that someone called IHG and was told that the date for the new programs introduction is March 4th.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Ambassador, Inner Circle; Marriott/SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Wanderer22
Ive heard from another group that someone called IHG and was told that the date for the new programs introduction is March 4th.

I called tonight to try and confirm but was told no date has been announced and an email would go out prior to the change.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I've had a second posting of 2x Bonus points so it appears that IHG is doing batch processing of these twice per month. I just requalified for Spire, but if I hadn't yet, I'd be concerned that the second posting for March might come too late if the projections are accurate that the new program, including the 125K qualification level for Diamond, will kick in sometime between March 24th and April 1.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
I've had a second posting of 2x Bonus points so it appears that IHG is doing batch processing of these twice per month. I just requalified for Spire, but if I hadn't yet, I'd be concerned that the second posting for March might come too late if the projections are accurate that the new program, including the 125K qualification level for Diamond, will kick in sometime between March 24th and April 1.
I've had 3x postings now, they appear to be happening weekly for me, 1-2 weeks in arrears of the stay posting
lwildernorva likes this.

Last edited by antuk; Mar 2, 2022 at 6:49 am
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:19 am

I've had a second posting of 2x Bonus points so it appears that IHG is doing batch processing of these twice per month.
Originally Posted by antuk
I've had 3x postings now, they appear to be happening weekly for me, 1-2 weeks in arrears of the stay posting
I stayed six nights at six different locations starting Saturday night, Feb 19. The regular points posted consistently two days after each checkout. So for the first night, checking out Sunday the 20th, regular points posted Tuesday the 22nd. The 2x bonus points for that stay posted Wednesday the 23rd. The 2x bonus points for the remaining nights posted as a lump sum yesterday, March 1, putting me over the 55,000 points needed to requalify for Spire through 12/31/2023.
lwildernorva likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.