FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Program Update March 2022
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:58 am
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
My previous stay, last Friday, would have put me over the top for Spire/Diamond once the 2X Bonus points promotion and my credit card spending for the stay posted, but I didn't want to take a chance that either would post after the end date, March 24th or whenever it is, and decided that one more stay with the purchase of the points package, which will probably post Tuesday or Wednesday, was a safe choice.

Now, we'll all see whether the new Diamond level offers any benefits that make it worth retaining. I'll have about 21 months to figure that out.
I've got the exact same thoughts as you. Just transferred Ultimate Rewards to cover the difference and requalify for Spire at 55k just in case the program changes are implemented before March 24th. Probably a waste in the end, but who knows. At least I got the 25k Spire bonus, which made up for having to burn UR points for IHG points/status (something I'd normally never even consider).

-FlyerBeek