IHG Program Update March 2022

Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by rapidex
I now have 15 food and beverage rewards that I can't use and all with the clock ticking.I check semi-regularly with the hotels I am staying at, and no staff have heard anything from IHG regarding these rewards.
I presume given the fact that the year will be ending soon, that these rewards will not be available this year. Anybody have any information on what IHG's plans might be?
29! Really getting beyond a joke now.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
So are they hoping we forgot about the F&B rewards? Almost 6 months in and nothing is something else!
My gut tells me they will discontinue the benefit, before ever launching it.
cln likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rapidex
I now have 15 food and beverage rewards that I can't use and all with the clock ticking.I check semi-regularly with the hotels I am staying at, and no staff have heard anything from IHG regarding these rewards.
I presume given the fact that the year will be ending soon, that these rewards will not be available this year. Anybody have any information on what IHG's plans might be?
IHG thanks you for choosing a worthless reward. You should be very hungry by the time they allow you are able to redeem them
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by strickers
29! Really getting beyond a joke now.
Same here
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:54 am

Maybe at 29 awards you cannot use its time to choose something else?
mecabq and cln like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
My Chase Credit Card cycle for Sept-October closed 10/05/22 and all points posted promptly today, 10/06/2022; I also reached the $40K spend for the Premier Credit Card Diamond Upgrade which now states I am Diamond Eliteuntil 12/31/2023.It appears that things are getting back to normal -
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:22 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by Schnit
Maybe at 29 awards you cannot use its time to choose something else?
Some milestone only have 2 choices are that or 10K points, which are useless when you have high points balance. I would rather get free booze at the bar, how hard is that to implement?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Skyline
It appears that things are getting back to normal
It's on the way, but we are not there yet. I just had over 150K points added to my account over the last two days, mostly from the 4X promo, but I only have part of last month's Chase points added.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Some milestone only have 2 choices are that or 10K points, which are useless when you have high points balance. I would rather get free booze at the bar, how hard is that to implement?
Id say patience, but we are all in the same boat..just took 20k Points on my 40th night milestone reward. I dont see the F+B bits being usable soon..
Old Oct 7, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
Id say patience, but we are all in the same boat..just took 20k Points on my 40th night milestone reward. I dont see the F+B bits being usable soon..
Agree. Patience. The $20 F&B coupon benefit requires a lot of back end syncing between property's PMS and IHG app, to then be able to apply coupon accordingly.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 5:41 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by ProjectSunburst
Agree. Patience. The $20 F&B coupon benefit requires a lot of back end syncing between property's PMS and IHG app, to then be able to apply coupon accordingly.
Dont offer it until it is ready then, not my problem how many IT widgets have to talk to each other. I work in IT, this isn't that complicated.

Why not just do it at checkout instead of this convoluted app nonsense. Fairmont had these and you just told them to use it at checkout, voila, problem solved.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 11:09 pm

I have a dedicated phone number on my member page at IHG for diamond support, don't know what else you are expecting?

On which page can you find that back please?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: BA, HH, IHG, RR, AA, KF, EG
IHG Food & Beverage milestone rewards - when can we use them?

I selected a few Food & Beverage milestone rewards a while back - GBPŁ15 each and they stated that they would be available ‘soon’ and by the end of the 2022 year.

Fast approaching year end, and I have a Hotel Indigo stay booked for New Years, has anyone enquired about these becoming available to use and/or has any insight into the start date for them?

In my rewards wallet, the text reads…..
Food & Beverage Rewards coming soon! While Food & Beverage Rewards are not available for use at hotels quite yet, you can still select this reward for use later this year. Stay tuned for more details.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Already being discussed here

IHG Program Update March 2022

You could also contact IHG yourself and ask. The more people that contact them dorectly the more likely they will sort this out.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: BA, HH, IHG, RR, AA, KF, EG
Thanks for the link! I’m going to contact them this week and see what they say.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.