Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Program Update March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
I am still planning to re-qualify for Spire this month, but is there any guarantee yet that this converts to the new Diamond status which will last until 31 December 2023? I'm thinking about those people that don't go on to reach the new Diamond target before the end of 2022, is it not quite possible that they drop to Platinum with effect from 1 January 2023 for that year?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by where2travel
I am still planning to re-qualify for Spire this month, but is there any guarantee yet that this converts to the new Diamond status which will last until 31 December 2023?
Definitely guaranteed. The 2022 qualifying year already ended, and many such people already have status through 12/31/22.

I'm thinking about those people that don't go on to reach the new Diamond target before the end of 2022, is it not quite possible that they drop to Platinum with effect from 1 January 2023 for that year?
Yes, but that's always what would happen.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by VictorHugo
Still waiting. Had a stay on Feb 1st week. The points are not yet posted.

I had contacted the customer support and they told me that it will take minimum of 4 weeks to get posted.
UPDATE - points posted.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by antuk
Did they group up the three into one transaction? Or did they post separately?
All in one transaction with no breakdown for which stays were covered.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
All in one transaction with no breakdown for which stays were covered.
Argh, that what I was hoping wouldn't happen. Ive had 3 stays already this month and its going make it harder to work out if they have all posted correctly
Old Feb 19, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Argh, that what I was hoping wouldn't happen. Ive had 3 stays already this month and its going make it harder to work out if they have all posted correctly
An initial check is to review the bonus points that posted at the time of each of your three stays and add them up. The 2x Bonus points should equal that total or some portion of it. A math hassle, of course, but you may be able to figure out what's been credited and what hasn't in case something along the way gets missed.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
An initial check is to review the bonus points that posted at the time of each of your three stays and add them up. The 2x Bonus points should equal that total or some portion of it. A math hassle, of course, but you may be able to figure out what's been credited and what hasn't in case something along the way gets missed.
The problem is my stays are a week apart, all cost the same, so how can i tell if they have posted stay 1 and 3 or stay 1 and 2, or 2 and 3 etc
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:27 am

Double points have posted in one go for me too (and nicely taken me over the Spire threshold), but the total bonus points posted is no combination of my actual stays, so it's a bit like the random number that posted as part of the 2/3/5x promotion last quarter. The bonus is in the right ballpark so I don't think I can be bothered looking into it anymore. It's not impossible more may come for the most recent stays, if they weren't captured in this round.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:52 am

The problem is my stays are a week apart, all cost the same, so how can i tell if they have posted stay 1 and 3 or stay 1 and 2, or 2 and 3 etc
That's why I described my method as an initial approach. You won't know which posted, but you will know you are owed one, which may then come through in the next batch. A pain, but I suspect a call to IHG CS will only result in a reference to the T&CS language about how long it will take for the points to post.

Not good, but it provides some guidance about how late you can go relying on the 2x Bonus to help you qualify for Spire. I'm now figuring that for any stays on or after 3/14 (if I haven't requalified by then), I can only rely on my usual earnings and not the 2x Bonus. And just to be sure, I plan on having enough stays by 3/24 so I don't need to worry about a hotel's late post of my earnings.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:07 pm

That's why I described my method as an initial approach. You won't know which posted, but you will know you are owed one, which may then come through in the next batch. A pain, but I suspect a call to IHG CS will only result in a reference to the T&CS language about how long it will take for the points to post.

Not good, but it provides some guidance about how late you can go relying on the 2x Bonus to help you qualify for Spire. I'm now figuring that for any stays on or after 3/14 (if I haven't requalified by then), I can only rely on my usual earnings and not the 2x Bonus. And just to be sure, I plan on having enough stays by 3/24 so I don't need to worry about a hotel's late post of my earnings.
Did you get someone to confirm the new programme and qualifying criteria starts at the end of march then? The website just says March, am worried it might be the first week, im not due to hit 55k points till mid March
Old Feb 19, 2022, 1:46 pm

If you're already Spire for 2022 (from last year's earnings), what are the advantages of hitting the 2022 Spire 55K threshold before the change date?

One seems to be getting the 25K bonus points (or gifting Platinum) on qualification, which was available in my account straight away. Another is the chance that this may on transition give Diamond through to 31 December 2023, even if you don't get to 115K qualifying points by the end of 2022.

Is there anything else?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by where2travel
Another is the chance that this may on transition give Diamond through to 31 December 2023, even if you don't get to 115K qualifying points by the end of 2022.
There's no "chance." People are already seeing 12/31/23 expirations.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
For me, there was a 1-point discrepency.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
There's no "chance." People are already seeing 12/31/23 expirations.
I'm seeing a 31 December 2023 expiry date for Spire now too. That doesn't totally convince me when that converts to Diamond in March 2022, if I then don't earn the 115K for Diamond over the rest of 2022, I wouldn't end up as Platinum for 2023 - i.e. you still need the 115K in 2022 for Diamond in 2023. I hope that's not the case, but it's not 100% clear to me.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: PC Plat IC RA / SPG GOLD
I check out on February 19th and the points were credited the next day.
And I am waiting to earn 2x promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.