IHG Program Update March 2022

Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by macs4us
Qualified at reduced qualifying points (55k) Spire Elite on 4/9/22, and tracking status circle was full. Now it is completely empty in app, and partial online... 🤦🏻‍♀️__PRESENT
Same experience, but on nights not points. Had Spire valid through 12/31/2023 (> 55 nights & < 70 nights) now showing Diamond only valid through 12/31/2022.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
It seems that 40 nights diamond is comparable to 60 nights Hyatt globalist.
What is this "40 nights Diamond" you speak of? Do you mean crossing 40 nights to hit Platinum then selecting "Annual Lounge Membership" as your 40 night milestone reward?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by s0ssos
So is anybody going to do a mattress run just to get 40 nights? Book some cheap Holiday Inn or something?
Pick up the IHG Premier card for $99 fee you get Plat Status. Plus a free night every year when you pay the AF. Everyone who stays at IHG properties regularly should really have that card, so many perks including fourth night free on award stays.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by MathMusic
Pick up the IHG Premier card for $99 fee you get Plat Status. Plus a free night every year when you pay the AF. Everyone who stays at IHG properties regularly should really have that card, so many perks including fourth night free on award stays.
I already have platinum status due to the card, but I really want the lounge benefit (say for travelling outside of the US), and the suite upgrade would be great too. It seems they can only be obtained by staying 40 nights.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by mster
What is this "40 nights Diamond" you speak of? Do you mean crossing 40 nights to hit Platinum then selecting "Annual Lounge Membership" as your 40 night milestone reward?
40 nights with 120k eqp
mster likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I think I may have done pretty well in this. Before my IHG CC terms changed, I was able to get EQP for spend at a huge multiplier and I am 11 nights in, with 80k EQP. Diamond until 12/2023. Not sure if the AMB renewal helps extend top status.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold
It looks like they've launched a new version of the members area on the IHG website. Click 'My Account' to see it. Looks good, much cleaner design. Also a place holder for Milestone Rewards.
sobore likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis Pref, DL Silver, National EE
Originally Posted by MathMusic
All of my IHG stays are for the company I work for (in other words, paid by them and not me) or are reward stays. Would there be any perks for me to get that card?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
As a long time credit card Platinum, I will say it is good to see IHG giving benefits to folks who actually spend a lot of nights in IHG hotels.

Who knows, once I polish off Hilton Lifetime Diamond I might move some nights over.

David
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by royalbrett
[...] Would there be any perks for me to get that card?
As noted in the post to which you responded, the Premier card provides the customer an annual free night (max 40,000 point night but can be redeemed for a higher point value by adding points) and the fourth night free on points stays. Isn't that enough for $99 (the upgraded fee)?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by stimpy
I have over 60K QP's, and I am pretty sure I was in the 50's before my credit card statement closed this week. So I must have gotten some QP's out of it. But I have no idea how to see that. I know I had an expensive IC stay before March 24th so maybe that was it. Other than IHG stays and places that don't take Amex, I don't use this credit card often.

Sorry if I'm missing something basic, but do I need to spend another $60K at IHG hotels to make Diamond for next year? Assuming I don't reach 70 nights? Or do we get 2 points per $ in QP's?
From my understanding, you will acquire points with the Premier Card spend; however, these are not Elite Qualifying points any longer. I guess only hotel stays, bonuses etc count towards EQPs? However, with an annual $40k spend you would also achieve Diamond status and potentially a boatload of points!

Last edited by Skyline; Apr 14, 2022 at 1:47 pm Reason: Added info.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
So is anybody going to do a mattress run just to get 40 nights? Book some cheap Holiday Inn or something?
Given that points for up to 9 rooms per night can be credited, I'd rather book 9 el cheapo HIX rooms with a 3000 bonus points package. Faster and without the inconvenience of a mattress run.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
Thanks. That's obviously not the intent, for the reasons I mentioned above. It would be doubly self-defeating for IHG. I expect the expiration dates will be attached at the time of eligibility.
I was right after all - it *is* their intent.

https://frequentmiler.com/how-to-ear...ge-membership/
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by mster
I was right after all - it *is* their intent.

https://frequentmiler.com/how-to-ear...ge-membership/
There's no way it was their intent, regardless of what some rep told a blogger. Why would IHG deliberately want people to minimize nights until Q4? Makes no sense whatsoever.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by tom tulpe
Given that points for up to 9 rooms per night can be credited, I'd rather book 9 el cheapo HIX rooms with a 3000 bonus points package. Faster and without the inconvenience of a mattress run.
So the platinum just comes with the card, in the US. Or you can buy Intercontinental Ambassador. Is it about getting spire for breakfast?
For me, the big question is how to get the 40 nights. I guess it does depend if you want spire status while staying those 40 nights. When I read the T&C I thought you could only get 1 room per night credited towards elite status.

As far as I can tell there is no easy way to get the milestone for 40 nights without actually having to book 40 nights.
IHG hotels aren't so cheap in the US anymore though, unfortunately. Or maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.