Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:52 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Unhappy

Originally Posted by vincewy
It's gone.
Sad, but not exactly surprising.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by happychic
Sad, but not exactly surprising.
My hunch is that Traveler card was intended for less frequent IHG users who don't want to pay annual fee and to earn points occasionally. In the end it ended up being additional venue for reward chasers who already have at least 1 IHG card or even both (Select and Premier) getting more free points, especially when they had SUB of 100K with the possibility of PC to IHG Premier later.

This was actually my plan but given how fast IHG points have devalued I switched to other hotel chains (as far as credit cards) instead.

Last edited by vincewy; Jul 22, 2021 at 10:28 am
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
My hunch is that Traveler card was intended for less frequent IHG users who don't want to pay annual fee and to earn points occasionally. In the end it ended up being additional venue for reward chasers who already have at least 1 IHG card or even both (Select and Premier) getting more free points, especially when they had SUB of 100K with the possibility of PC to IHG Premier later.
If Chase really wanted to reduce IHG card churning & segment the cardholders, it could do what it has done with CSP/CSR and the Marriott cards: establish joint waiting periods since the last bonus. (Yeah, Marriott is even more complicated owing to the Starwood/Amex relationship that carried over to the Bonvoy era, but the point is that there’s a hard 24-month wait between Chase bonuses.)
Happy likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 5:52 am

Hopefully my last stupid question..

Is there a way to apply for the card and immediately use it to pay for an existing reservation? There’s a link on the “View Reservation”page. Wondering if an approval could be used towards that stay.

The difference would be about 6,000 points and some traction towards the $3000 spend. Yes...I know I should have applied when making the reservation.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:23 pm

I called in for a retention offer on my 49AF Chase card. They mentioned downgrading to the 29AF Travelers card, which I actually didn't do much research on prior to the call. I clarified whether all the benefits are the same including the free night. I did research after the call and it appears that there is no free night on the card.. did the CSR make a mistake here?

Edit: Called in again and the 2nd rep helped me put in a note to reverse the change. We'll see how it goes..

Last edited by aimango; Sep 15, 2021 at 8:31 pm
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aimango
Edit: Called in again and the 2nd rep helped me put in a note to reverse the change. We'll see how it goes..
Good luck!

If they don't do it promptly and correctly, file a case with a complaint. The rep who advised you gave you terribly inaccurate information. It's not just the missing free night, but Platinum status and 10% points rebate.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by DaveH
Good luck!

If they don't do it promptly and correctly, file a case with a complaint. The rep who advised you gave you terribly inaccurate information. It's not just the missing free night, but Platinum status and 10% points rebate.
Thanks, fingers crossed. The card is definitely a keeper and I actually forgot about the points rebate, which I do value quite a lot. I am surprised the first rep just glossed over all the details, the only thing he got right was the rewards multipliers.

Edit: So the following day I did notice the card image on the Chase website getting updated to the Travelers card, with the 49AF waived. A few business days later, it got changed back to the Travelers card, checked in card benefits that things were all still the same too. Phew!

Last edited by aimango; Sep 23, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:49 am

Rec'd email announcing changes in benefits for all cards (Select, Traveler, Premier). Effective Jan. 1,
  • Cell Phone Protection - you have up to 90 days to file a claim for losses that occur December 31, 2021 or earlier
  • Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver – the timeframe for reporting theft or damage has been extended from 60 days to 100 days and the time to file a claim has been extended from 100 to 120 days
Guide to updated benefits: https://www.chasebenefits.com/eliteandworld
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Rec'd email announcing changes in benefits for all cards (Select, Traveler, Premier). Effective Jan. 1,
  • Cell Phone Protection - you have up to 90 days to file a claim for losses that occur December 31, 2021 or earlier
  • Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver – the timeframe for reporting theft or damage has been extended from 60 days to 100 days and the time to file a claim has been extended from 100 to 120 days
Is Citi Costco card better than this?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I noticed that the 10% rebate in award redemptions was not listed on the Select card benefits or changes, it just wasn’t referenced at all almost as if it doesn’t exist. Are they doing away with it just like they removed it from the Ambassador benefits? The Select card is becoming less and less valuable.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by ARR72
I noticed that the 10% rebate in award redemptions was not listed on the Select card benefits or changes, it just wasn’t referenced at all almost as if it doesn’t exist. Are they doing away with it just like they removed it from the Ambassador benefits? The Select card is becoming less and less valuable.
Benefits within the co-brand program are never listed in these documents, but are instead in the T&C for each individual card.
dw likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 7:37 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of issuers are removing cell phone protection from their Mastercards. I recently received a similar announcement from Barclays regarding their JetBlue Plus Mastercard.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:00 pm

Select card changes?

I was loading up Chase Offers in the app today and noticed that the card icon for my Select card was missing. I clicked through to that account and there was just a generic Chase card logo. Is Chase just changing the card’s artwork? Is this related to other changes to the card? Or, God forbid, are they eliminating the card altogether? I’d hate to lose the 10% rebate. Thanks in advance for any insights.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Benefits within the co-brand program are never listed in these documents, but are instead in the T&C for each individual card.
I have both the Premier and the Select cards, and I got an email regarding each.
  • The Premier card email did explicitly note that the Fourth Night Free benefit was not changing.
  • The Select card email did mention benefits that were not changing, but the 10% rebate was not included.
I've got to think that if the 10% rebate is going away, there would be a more direct notification of that fact. But there's cause for concern I think that that email may be on the way soon.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:41 pm

I've seen many posts, here & blogs, about being able to have both the old Chase IHG Rewards Club MC and the new (relatively) Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier MC. I'm sold on the 2nd free night/year and combining the 10% points rebate with 4th-night free when using IHG points.

I've had the legacy card since June 2015 (when I earned a bonus on it) and want to apply for the Premier card now, but saw this language on the application:

If you currently have an IHG Rewards Club Credit Card from Chase, or you earned a new cardmember bonus on that credit card within the last 24 months, you are not eligible to receive another of the same credit card.
I could parse that multiple ways but I'm wondering if anybody here has attempted to add the Premier card (without closing the legacy card) since this language appeared.... how did it work out?

I'm hoping I didn't miss the boat on this opportunity to double-up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.