Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by ajc1970
I've seen many posts, here & blogs, about being able to have both the old Chase IHG Rewards Club MC and the new (relatively) Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier MC. I'm sold on the 2nd free night/year and combining the 10% points rebate with 4th-night free when using IHG points.

I've had the legacy card since June 2015 (when I earned a bonus on it) and want to apply for the Premier card now, but saw this language on the application:

I could parse that multiple ways but I'm wondering if anybody here has attempted to add the Premier card (without closing the legacy card) since this language appeared.... how did it work out?

I'm hoping I didn't miss the boat on this opportunity to double-up.
Same credit card” is the key here. Select—the old 10% rebate card w/$49 AF—is not the “same credit card” as Premier.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Same credit card” is the key here. Select—the old 10% rebate card w/$49 AF—is not the “same credit card” as Premier.
Thank you. That was my optimistic way of parsing it -- glad it's the right way too!
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by swag
I have both the Premier and the Select cards, and I got an email regarding each.
  • The Premier card email did explicitly note that the Fourth Night Free benefit was not changing.
  • The Select card email did mention benefits that were not changing, but the 10% rebate was not included.
I've got to think that if the 10% rebate is going away, there would be a more direct notification of that fact. But there's cause for concern I think that that email may be on the way soon.
What were the subject lines in these emails, please? I don't recall getting either. TIA.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DaveH
What were the subject lines in these emails, please?
Both my email messages were dated November 09 and had the following subject line.
Please read: Important changes to your credit card benefits
The From lines of the messages mentioned the applicable cards, and the bodies included the last four digits of the applicable account numbers.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serpens
Both my email messages were dated November 09 and had the following subject line.
Thanks! That's just what I needed, found them both. I read them just as you do.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 3:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ARR72
I noticed that the 10% rebate in award redemptions was not listed on the Select card benefits or changes, it just wasn’t referenced at all almost as if it doesn’t exist.
I just got a 10% rebate from a recent points stay. I am not Ambassador but do hold the Select card.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 1:16 pm

Does the 10 pt/$ spend on the chase IHG premier card at IHG brands count as elite qualifying points? So it would be 20x EQP/$ at most IHG brands?
Old Dec 2, 2021, 1:48 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by nimisht
Does the 10 pt/$ spend on the chase IHG premier card at IHG brands count as elite qualifying points? So it would be 20x EQP/$ at most IHG brands?
Yes, it does count. Total of 20x EQP per dollar for card + IHG stay points as you say.
Staybridge Hotels might be the one brand that earns one-half points or 15x with the Chase IHG Premier card. Could not find the info.

Last edited by Bowgie; Dec 2, 2021 at 1:59 am
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:02 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by serpens
I just got a 10% rebate from a recent points stay. I am not Ambassador but do hold the Select card.
Yeah, the benefit is not listed for my IHG Select card, but I am still getting the 10% rebate on point redemptions as of November 2021. The rebate takes two to three months to post after the stay is completed.

Last edited by Bowgie; Dec 2, 2021 at 2:20 pm
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:22 pm

Chance to double-dip Premier card's large spending benefit in 2022

According to the new T&C for the Premier card:

-Spending $20k in cardmember anniversary year ending in 2022 yields 10,000 points.
-Spending $20k in calendar year 2022 yields 10,000 points plus a $100 statement credit.

4. $100 statement credit and 10,000 bonus points each calendar year: Beginning in calendar year 2022, you'll receive a $100 statement credit and 10,000 bonus points each calendar year during which you spend at least $20,000, and make one additional purchase at least one day after you have spent $20,000. Please note that for your account anniversary year ending in 2022, you will still receive 10,000 points if you have spent $20,000 in purchases during the previous account anniversary year. After your account anniversary date in 2022, you will no longer receive 10,000 points after spending $20,000 during your account anniversary year. "Calendar year" means January 1 through December 31 of that same year.
This means that $20k in spend before your 2022 card anniversary will yield a bonus of an extra 1 point per $, plus a $100 statement credit.

In prior years I would come nowhere close to spending that much on this card. But after March 2022, unbonused spend will jump from 1 to 3 points per dollar, going from terrible to...OK.

Since I have a May cardmember anniversary, I can harvest this double-dip as long as total 2022 spend hits $20k before then. That means I may take the difference between what I've spent on IHG stays in 2022 by then, and charge that amount towards taxes or some other discretionary payment to harvest those bonuses along with the new 3x point earning.

Last edited by DaveH; Apr 16, 2022 at 10:41 am
Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Looks like the new IHG Premier Credit Card benefit changes will kick in on March 24, 2022, to include (among others):
- 3x points/dollar earned for regular purchases (and now 5x for travel, dining, and fuel purchases)
- discontinuation of earning EQPs on credit card spend (but with the ability to earn Diamond after $40k spend)
- $50 of United TravelBank Cash each calendar year
- ability to add points from your account to the 40k Anniversary Free night cert
- above referenced $100 statement credit and 10k bonus points after $20k spend per calendar year

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Applied for and was approved for the IHG Premier MasterCard on March 3, 2022. Took longer than everyone else has posted for the 4th Night Free to kick in on my IHG Spire Elite account. A full two weeks. I actually already had the card in my possession and had activated it but the 4th Night Free didn't show on my IHG account until March 17, 2022.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:19 am

IHG is clearly in the release process right now to add the enhanced ability to top-off 40K Premier free night certs. Still can't actually book the top-off yet on either the website or app.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Colin
IHG is clearly in the release process right now to add the enhanced ability to top-off 40K Premier free night certs. Still can't actually book the top-off yet on either the website or app.
my drop down now says “Anniversary Free Night Flex.” Doesn’t let me even book without the flex.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Colin
Still can't actually book the top-off yet on either the website or app.
Thanks for posting this. You spurred me to log in.

I just checked, and I do have the option of topping off, using either the Premier or the Select card certificate. (Unfortunately for me, the price per night has gone up 2k points on each of the two nights that I want to stay, but it's good to have the top-up option, and very good that it applies to the Select card cert.)
Originally Posted by myperks
my drop down now says “Anniversary Free Night Flex.” Doesn’t let me even book without the flex.
I checked for one night and saw what I reported above, then I checked for two nights and had no ability to use certs, then I checked for the second night and saw what you reported, and then I checked for the first night again, and again saw what you reported. In other words, the user interface seemed to change. Here is a screenshot from the first check. (Wow, that's big. Can I control the size?) And now that I added the screenshot, I don't see the option to add points to the Select card certificate, so I probably assumed something when I shouldn't have.

Last edited by serpens; Mar 24, 2022 at 10:32 am Reason: add screenshot; correct information about Select cert

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.