Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by serpens
Thanks for posting this. You spurred me to log in.

I just checked, and I do have the option of topping off, using either the Premier or the Select card certificate. (Unfortunately for me, the price per night has gone up 2k points on each of the two nights that I want to stay, but it's good to have the top-up option, and very good that it applies to the Select card cert.)

I checked for one night and saw what I reported above, then I checked for two nights and had no ability to use certs, then I checked for the second night and saw what you reported, and then I checked for the first night again, and again saw what you reported. In other words, the user interface seemed to change.
sometime between when I posted this morning and now the flex options works when I try it. Lists as “anniversary + XXX points”
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:47 am

I've now spent a couple of hours analyzing and fortunately have both a Select & Premier cert for testing. In summary, this is working exactly as described by IHG. Select certs cannot be topped off and they use rate preference Chase Reward Night. Premier certs can be topped off and they use rate preference Anniversary Free Night Flex. The top off points are correctly withdrawn upon booking, as well as refunded upon cancellation (along with the Premier cert).
dw, bob12403, JapanFlyerT and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Colin; Mar 24, 2022 at 10:53 am
Old Mar 24, 2022, 1:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Colin
I've now spent a couple of hours analyzing and fortunately have both a Select & Premier cert for testing. In summary, this is working exactly as described by IHG. Select certs cannot be topped off and they use rate preference Chase Reward Night. Premier certs can be topped off and they use rate preference Anniversary Free Night Flex. The top off points are correctly withdrawn upon booking, as well as refunded upon cancellation (along with the Premier cert).
Thanks for doing that testing and reporting the results. I'm not sure I'd have the nerve to experiment to see if the points and cert came back. (Actually, I have a pretty good idea about whether I'd have the nerve, and I thank you again.)
Old Mar 24, 2022, 1:47 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
The page to link your account with your United account for the $25 every six months TravelBank credit (which is going to work out for some people and be mostly useless for others) is here:

www.ihg.com/united

Some people online have reported successfully linking and receiving the credits already, but when I try to do it, the button to submit doesn't seem to be working.
DaveH, JapanFlyerT and ARR72 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by dw
The page to link your account with your United account for the $25 every six months TravelBank credit (which is going to work out for some people and be mostly useless for others) is here:

www.ihg.com/united

Some people online have reported successfully linking and receiving the credits already, but when I try to do it, the button to submit doesn't seem to be working.
I experienced both. I could do it for my dad's account but I cannot do it for my account. :-/
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dw
The page to link your account [...]
Thanks for the link.
Originally Posted by dw
It worked for me. Dumb luck, I guess. (You did remember to accept the T&C, didn't you? The submit button is inactive until that box is checked. Also, and I have no idea if it applies in this situation, some web pages have required me tab away from a field such as account number and name before the submit button becomes active.)
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
The button is not working for me on two different browsers. Laptop and ipad. No worky.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by buzglyd
The button is not working for me on two different browsers. Laptop and ipad. No worky.
Mine doesn't work either--multiple browsers PC/Mac/iphone None of them work.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Mine doesn't work either--multiple browsers PC/Mac/iphone None of them work.
I was wondering if maybe there's something on the back-end not syncing between the IHG and United accounts. For me, one has a middle initial and one doesnt so wondered if that was it
Old Mar 25, 2022, 4:23 pm

got a 20% Chase rewards promo. Can we combine w/ B3G1 free deal. Looking at Maldives. TIA!

Also anyone have luck getting the expired Ann. cert refunded lately?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Colin
Thanks for doing the research. Bummer the Select is not included, but I am excited at the idea of being able to use the Premier cert at the IC in Osaka again. Up until now, most of the Japan IC have often been over the 40,000 limit at busy times (sometimes by just 2,000 points).

Edit: might have spoken too soon. For the Osaka IC, "ANNIVERSARY NIGHT FLEX is not available as requested" They give me the options of ¥39,000 or 55,200 points (normally 69,000 but 20% off right now), which means some properties maybe opt out of Anniv but still will allow big point redemptions.

For Yokohama Pier 8, the offer is Annual Flex plus 10,400 points (normally 23,000), on the other hand the ANA IC Beppu shows no options for Annual Flex. It also weirdly does not show up on the IHG.com/hotels but does show up on IHG.com/intercontinental.

IHG needs to get their terminology right. The website shows I have these certs, but the new offer is Anniversary Night Flex (not Annual Flex Night).

Select IHG Rewards Credit Card Anniversary Night
IHG Rewards Premier Card Annual Flex Night
dagangwood likes this.

Last edited by JapanFlyerT; Mar 25, 2022 at 9:01 pm
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by DaveH
According to the new T&C for the Premier card:

-Spending $20k in cardmember anniversary year ending in 2022 yields 10,000 points.
-Spending $2k in calendar year 2022 yields 10,000 points plus a $100 statement credit.

This means that $20k in spend before your 2022 card anniversary will yield a bonus of an extra 1 point per $, plus a $100 statement credit..
I think you mean $20k (I got hopeful at the idea of $2k, as it is a number I can actually reach).

The new 5X for travel, gas and dining does make it tempting. Marriott is also upping its reward though.

Last edited by JapanFlyerT; Mar 25, 2022 at 9:41 pm
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by buzglyd
Same here, does not work in chrome, firefox, or edge.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by dw
The page to link your account with your United account for the $25 every six months TravelBank credit... Some people online have reported successfully linking and receiving the credits already, but when I try to do it, the button to submit doesn't seem to be working.
The $25 is already in my UA Travelbank. Took one day.

Does the $25 get forfeited or rollover if not used in 6 months?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:15 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Currently have the IHG Premier (and far less than 5/24 and 2.5 years since sign-up-bonus). Wanted to add the IHG Traveler's card but there's a new wrinkle:

From AwardWallet:
“IHG recently updated the application restrictions for its family of co-brand credit cards. From 03/25/2022, the rules are now aligned with most of Chase's co-brand credit cards, and you won't be eligible for this card if you already hold another IHG personal card, or have received a bonus on one in the previous 24 months.

“This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any IHG® Rewards credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any IHG® Rewards credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.”

ETA -- Essentially the same verbiage on the IHG Business Card signup page: "If you currently have an IHG Rewards Credit Card from Chase, or you earned a new cardmember bonus on that credit card within the last 24 months, you are not eligible to receive another of the same credit card."

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg/biz140k3kfocnaep
IAD-SFO-TPE likes this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Mar 26, 2022 at 12:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.