Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
I'm waiting to get the IHG card until next year so I can time the free night perk with my legacy IHG card free night. But, I'm concerned that Chase will start excluding current IHG cardmembers soon like the new Hyatt card. Any insight would be appreciated
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Finance_underling
I'm waiting to get the IHG card until next year so I can time the free night perk with my legacy IHG card free night. But, I'm concerned that Chase will start excluding current IHG cardmembers soon like the new Hyatt card. Any insight would be appreciated
I also waiting to get this card to align the free night with the old card. I don't think Chase is excluding Hyatt legacy card holders from holding the new WOH card, it just doesn't make sense to hold both Hyatt cards.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Marriott Rewards
I hardly use my IHG Chase card. Other than the charge for the annual fee this year, there hasn't been any purchases made. Can IHG deny my Free award night or cancel my card due to inactivity?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by th79ft
I hardly use my IHG Chase card. Other than the charge for the annual fee this year, there hasn't been any purchases made. Can IHG deny my Free award night or cancel my card due to inactivity?
The common advice seems to be to use the card occasionally, but I haven't seen any reports of Chase canceling the card for inactivity. My strategy: I'm generally trying to put a lot of spending on one card, either for the signup bonus (such as getting the IHG Premier recently) or a good category bonus for my spending (dining for me, which means lots of Chase Sapphire Reserve spending). Each month, I rotate one of my "sock drawer" cards in as a backup and put some spending on it. For many programs with resets on points expiration for new points earning, I'm achieving that purpose without having to keep track of potential expirations. For other programs that either don't have those deadlines or that have hard deadlines for expiration (Wyndham, for example), I figure I'm at least keeping the card somewhat active so that the credit card company stays happy with my business.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: ]
My IHG Select MC is up for renewal. The uncapped free night certificate has already posted to my IHG card. Should I keep or cancel the card?
I rarely use the card and seldom stays at IHG hotels. My daily driver is Chase Sapphire Reserve, but $49 for another free night in 2020 (even if it's capped) still seems like a good deal. Thoughts?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:21 pm

I have the old IHG card and I just applied for the new Premier card. Normally I can call the chase reconsideration number and ask to move around credit or close another card but it's been about a week and each representative have refused to even look at the application citing that it's under review by another department. Did anyone have this experience?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Can anyone confirm when the welcome bonus on the new IHG cards are posting? i.e., within x days after the spend posts, after the end of the next billing cycle, etc.?

When I matched the 80k with the 100k offer, I was told to secure message back once the spend was complete. Completing it on Tuesday, I sm'd Wedesday, and was told the 80k points had to post before I could request the add'l 20k. Hence my question.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by DaveH
Can anyone confirm when the welcome bonus on the new IHG cards are posting? i.e., within x days after the spend posts, after the end of the next billing cycle, etc.?

When I matched the 80k with the 100k offer, I was told to secure message back once the spend was complete. Completing it on Tuesday, I sm'd Wedesday, and was told the 80k points had to post before I could request the add'l 20k. Hence my question.
With Chase, the bonus typically posts a day or two following the statement cycle of the month when you hit the required spending. An exception is when you hit the minimum spend only a few days before the end of the month. In my experience, that will usually push the bonus to the next statement.
DaveH likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by DaveH

Points will post the day after your statement closes. For example, if your statement closes on the 24th, points will post on the 25th. For points to post with a statement, the charges can't be in a pending status. So if you charged $200 somewhere on the 23rd, but it didn't post until the 25th, it would go on the next statement. If that $200 is what would trigger the bonus, then it would be pushed off a month.

I'm in the same spot as you. My bonus will post Tuesday, so on Wednesday I'll be checking back in with Chase for the 20k bump.
DaveH likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thanks travelforfree and thunderlounge. Will keep an eye out.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:54 pm

Chase confirmed eligibility for the additional 20k, and it will be on the next statement. ^
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Was able to meet the spend in short 2 weeks. SM'd Chase about the 100K and they honored it. Not bad, 100K plus $50 credit. Already on a 4N stay and got one night free plus 10% for the old card. Liking this new card.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: IC Spire HH Gold Delta?
Is SM snail mail?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by NONFLYER
Is SM snail mail?
I think this refers to Secure Message- like email but done through the site so your financial and personal info is not being transmitted over email.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Got my additional 20k points yesterday. Also booked my first 4th night free stay. Not a bad card!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.