Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:35 am

Banner on IHG website now states "Limited Time Offer Last Chance" for the 100k bonus points on the Premier Card. Can't find end date.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bou Dam
I am in the same boat. AF charged immediately once account opened, but no statement credit after first purchase or 100K bonus. First statement closed yesterday. Let me know how it goes if you message them.
Decided to wait as my statement closed 9/19 (today). After second statement closed the 100K posted (80K plus 20K in 2 separate line items) and $50 posted. Kudos to Chase. I will say I like how Amex posts instantly vs Chase waiting for the statement to close, but in the end it happened automatically.

SM is better than a call IMO with Chase as the conversation is documented.

I'm looking forward to my 10% back on my 4N stay as well (have both cards), expect to see that in about 1-2 weeks.
Tony300S likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Banner on IHG website now states "Limited Time Offer Last Chance" for the 100k bonus points on the Premier Card. Can't find end date.
Travel blog OMAAT says his (affiliate) link ends Oct 4th. IDK if there will still be zombie links (as with Citi) working after that. But if you really want the full 100K you probably should apply before then. I know that's what I'm going to do.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by mster
For anyone who recently applied for this card - is it still taking 5-7 days for linked IHG accounts to get synced up properly and start showing the fourth night free benefit on the final booking / payment page?
Any recent timeframe DP's on this benefit to be effective?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:37 pm

I applied for the card on 9/15, and the card appeared in my Chase account on 9/17 or 9/18. I just checked my IHG account and see the status (Platinum Elite). I'm still waiting for the card to arrive in the mail. Unfortunately I don't have a DP for the 4th night free as I only have a thousand points in my account.

Last edited by klanfa; Sep 24, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Another welcome bonus data point. I met my spend on 8/21, billing cycle closed 9/5. Still no bonus or 20K match.

Will plan to SM them again if it doesn't show up just after Oct 5 statement.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:52 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by cheukiecfu
My IHG Select MC is up for renewal. The uncapped free night certificate has already posted to my IHG card. Should I keep or cancel the card?
I rarely use the card and seldom stays at IHG hotels. My daily driver is Chase Sapphire Reserve, but $49 for another free night in 2020 (even if it's capped) still seems like a good deal. Thoughts?
Same here, absolutely a keeper IMO.

The free night, 10% points rebate and Platinum status are more than enough reasons.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Tony300S
Same here, absolutely a keeper IMO.

The free night, 10% points rebate and Platinum status are more than enough reasons.
Keep. How many hotels do you find offering $49 per night hotel rooms? That aren't fleabag hotels? Plus, the 10% rebate on award redemptions (which just worked for me on a four-day redemption in California where I got the discount on the new IHG card) is another great perk of the $49 card---which no one will ever get again.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Banner on ihg says "last day" for 100k offer (10/4)
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond
I have seen that at least 2 posters here have had the original IHG Chase card, upgraded to the new one, and received the 80k bonus. I have had the original card for many years, upgraded, and am being told (through a series of private messages to and from Chase) that the 80k bonus (I'm not even trying for the 100k one) is NOT for upgrades. I have quoted THEIR website over and over, which states:

"This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months."

I keep telling them "I do not have THIS card, I had ANOTHER card." and they politely repeat that the bonus is only for new cardmembers, not upgrades.

Can anyone suggest a recourse? The only reason I upgraded was to get the 80k points and I did meet the spend. I purposely used that card instead of another. What can I try next, I've been DM'ing them for over a week now and am going around in circles. Can anyone suggest anything else? A good phone number to try? Another way to reach them? THANK YOU!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: Lotz
Have the Select. Added the Premier (haven't gotten the 100K yet, just finished spend). Now I'm going to get the Traveler also. 65,000 points for $29 is a bargain. IHG link for it is still up.

I personally don't see the Select lasting long. I had the Fairmont card and it was converted into a Shappire involuntarily. I hope I'm wrong, the free night and 10% rebate for $49 is terrific.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by squiddz
I have seen that at least 2 posters here have had the original IHG Chase card, upgraded to the new one, and received the 80k bonus. I have had the original card for many years, upgraded, and am being told (through a series of private messages to and from Chase) that the 80k bonus (I'm not even trying for the 100k one) is !
I had the original one and applied for the new one (I didn't upgrade, I just applied with the hope of keeping both).

I completed $3k spend when the last statement closed (9/5). Received the 80k bonus today. Will send a secure message about the additional 20k points.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Have the Select. Added the Premier (haven't gotten the 100K yet, just finished spend). Now I'm going to get the Traveler also. 65,000 points for $29 is a bargain. IHG link for it is still up.bu

I personally don't see the Select lasting long. I had the Fairmont card and it was converted into a Shappire involuntarily. I hope I'm wrong, the free night and 10% rebate for $49 is terrific.
It may go away eventually since the pool of holders will remain stagnant and there is no compelling reason to put spend on the Select if you've also gotten the Premier, but IHG has already significantly limited their damage by eliminating the free night at properties above 40K so it might limp along for a year or two. IHG/Chase will probably pull the plug if the lack of spending from the remaining Select remains low.

I'm surprised that the upgrade path from the Select to the Premier was made so unappealing. I got an offer for 5K points to upgrade from the Select to the Premier--a week or two after I'd already applied independently for the Premier in May for 80K (and then later got the 20K bump when the bonus increased). IHG/Chase might have enticed more to upgrade had the bonus been the 65K offered for the Traveler--which is what I expect the Select will become at some point.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: Lotz
update. I got approved for the Traveler so now I have all 3 Chase IHG cards. Wish I had applied for both on the same day to only have one inquiry. Oh well.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveH
Another welcome bonus data point. I met my spend on 8/21, billing cycle closed 9/5. Still no bonus or 20K match.

Will plan to SM them again if it doesn't show up just after Oct 5 statement.
80K points did indeed post on my statement last night, consistent with what was reported above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.