Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2020, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Red259
I never had an IHG card. I'm looking to pick up one chase card at the moment and trying to decide between an IHG card and United Explorer card. The signup bonus for the united card is looking pretty good. Is the current offer on the ihg card of 125k an offer that comes around fairly often?
Seems like it's been at or above 120k for most of the past year or so. I believe there was a 140k offer at one point.

Originally Posted by serpens
If I recall correctly, an IHG Rewards Club member gets 10 points per dollar for the hotel bill (probably excluding taxes, but I'm not sure), 50% bonus (5 points per dollar) for Platinum status (which is conferred by the credit card), and 10 points per dollar for using the credit card for IHG spend. In other words, the extra 15 points per dollar is not a sign-up bonus nor limited to one year; it is standard operating procedure for having the card.
In addition to all of those categories above, Chase did have a sign-up offer on that card at some point last year for an additional 15x for spend at IHG hotels in the 1st year only.

Originally Posted by Explore
I obtained the IHG Premier card last October, with a 125K points bonus and 15 extra points per dollar for IHG stays for a year (total of 25 points per dollar for credit card spend during that period).

Since two-thirds of the year was shot by the pandemic, is there any chance of getting that extra 15 points per dollar extended into 2021? And who do I call, Chase or IHG? Each seems to want to push this onto the other.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect them to extend it now, especially since you have a few more months to take advantage of the additional 15x (in theory, at least).

However, I'd definitely mention that if you call Chase to ask for some sort of retention offer when your annual fee comes due, even though they are typically stingy when it comes to offers.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 5:43 pm

How often can I churn - every two years?
Which card is better value if you were to keep? Or is it worth keeping?
Old Sep 10, 2020, 9:07 am

I fell under Chase's 5/24, so planned to apply for the Hyatt card, but am questioning why, as I have the Chase trifecta, which makes earning Hyatt points more lucrative. I suppose it may make sense simply for the annual cat 1-4 free night, but am on the fence. Accordingly, I thought about getting a second IHG card, as they have a much larger footprint than Hyatt. I have the legacy $49 a year IHG card, which is sock drawered. If I were to apply for a new IHG card, would I receive an annual free night for both cards, or does Chase have a policy to only award one free night regardless of the number of cards that I have?
Old Sep 10, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TTT103
If I were to apply for a new IHG card, would I receive an annual free night for both cards, or does Chase have a policy to only award one free night regardless of the number of cards that I have?
One free night per card.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by jbeckett
One free night per card.
That's great! Thank you
Old Mar 28, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by TTT103
I fell under Chase's 5/24, so planned to apply for the Hyatt card, but am questioning why, as I have the Chase trifecta, which makes earning Hyatt points more lucrative. I suppose it may make sense simply for the annual cat 1-4 free night, but am on the fence. Accordingly, I thought about getting a second IHG card, as they have a much larger footprint than Hyatt. I have the legacy $49 a year IHG card, which is sock drawered. If I were to apply for a new IHG card, would I receive an annual free night for both cards, or does Chase have a policy to only award one free night regardless of the number of cards that I have?
I have the legacy Chase IHG card at the moment, so has the rule changed as of now about also being able to get IHG Rewards Premier and bonus?

Update: Applied and was approved for the new card so this answers the question. Now, how long does it take for the new IHG (4th night award free) benefit to kick in? At the moment they're still requiring all 4 nights.

Last edited by vincewy; Mar 28, 2021 at 12:40 pm
Old Jun 21, 2021, 4:31 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Is a dollar spent on the Chase IHG Premier card earning elite qualifying points, either on IHG spending or every day spending? I cannot find any mention of it in the Chase T&C so I always assumed the answer was no, but in the IHG T&C the second/sixth rows of the table below seem to imply that yes it does, or at least, some credit cards do.

I never paid attention but I just saw in my account today that my elite qualifying points are much higher than I expected them to be, even after counting the 2020 rollover and 2x qualifying points promo that ended March 31st.

Something seems to count as qualifying that I was not aware of

Old Jun 21, 2021, 5:17 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by escape4
Is a dollar spent on the Chase IHG Premier card earning elite qualifying points, either on IHG spending or every day spending?
Yes, all points from spending (including category bonus points) count as elite qualifying.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:08 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by dw
Yes, all points from spending (including category bonus points) count as elite qualifying.
Interesting, unless I missed it Chase does not seem to disclose this fact, since it's a nice perk they should. So in a normal year, 75k elite qualifying points required for Spire, if always paying with IHG card that means required spend is $3750 in IHG properties, not $7500. Thank you for confirming!
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I just got an emailed offer on my IHG Premier card, for free DoorDash membership thru December, plus 5x on Lyft rides.

My Sapphire Reserve already gives free Doordash plus a credit, and free Lyft Pink. So this isn't as generous, but nice to see some of those benefits working their way down to these cheaper Chase cards.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by swag
I just got an emailed offer on my IHG Premier card, for free DoorDash membership thru December, plus 5x on Lyft rides.

My Sapphire Reserve already gives free Doordash plus a credit, and free Lyft Pink. So this isn't as generous, but nice to see some of those benefits working their way down to these cheaper Chase cards.
Your Lyft Pink should be just about ending right now, if not already. The Doordash Dash pass will expire next year... so yes, I'd explore using other cards.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 2:06 pm

Sanity check, please...

I've been booking a bunch of Holiday Inns for a road trip over the past week and I swear I saw an offer for 150,000 miles that only required $1,000 spend in the first three months.

Was I sleep deprived or did I actually possibly see that? I had to make a few more bookings today and every offer coming up is requiring a $3,000 spend, which I'm not sure I can do in 90 days.

I realize I probably should have jumped on the offer when I first saw it (assuming I read it right) but 11 years ago during the recession I had to settle credit card debt with Chase and have been reluctant to apply for a credit card with them.

Before I start stalking my reservations (which, maybe I should do anyways because of dynamic pricing) I was hoping someone could let me know if a $1,000 spend comes up occasionally. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 17, 2021, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by SteveOh
Sanity check, please...

I've been booking a bunch of Holiday Inns for a road trip over the past week and I swear I saw an offer for 150,000 miles that only required $1,000 spend in the first three months.
That seems unlikely. I haven’t seen an offer like that in recent memory.

In doing my own sanity check, though, I wasn’t able to find any current offer/app links for the IHG Traveler card. Did I miss a recent report about Chase pulling them all, either temporarily or for good?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Is it me or is there no more working application link for the IHG Traveler card with no AF?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:33 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by happychic
Is it me or is there no more working application link for the IHG Traveler card with no AF?
It's gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.