Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2024, 7:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by beltway
Originally Posted by kaiotes
For those w the OLD IHG card that costs $49 each year, are we allowed to top off on awards exceeding 40K pts?
No.
[...] The Select FNC has a hard cap of 40K, unlike the Flex certs for the Premier & Premier Biz.
[...]
In my experience, beltway is correct. I would be delighted to learn that things have changed.
Rare likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 8:19 am

deleted
Rare likes this.

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 12:01 pm
Old Mar 3, 2024, 8:25 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by serpens
In my experience, beltway is correct. I would be delighted to learn that things have changed.
They have not changed. I have both Premier and Select cards, and only the Premier allows you to top off above 40K.
dw and beltway like this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 1:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by beltway
[...] Chase seems more interested in moving people off the Select to Premier (using an absurd 5K point incentive). I don’t see them upgrading the Select cert ever, but if they did it would surely go hand in hand with an “enhanced” AF.
I'm always surprised that there are any merchant offers or retention offers on the Select card. I wouldn't say Chase is particularly interested in moving people off the Select, just that Chase is inattentive. And that's fine.

Is the top-up feature something that Chase offers or something that IHG offers? I don't see how Chase is involved in a top-up reservation, so I had assumed that it was an IHG decision.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:40 am

can't find confirmation on this. But if i'm a Premier card holder, how many rooms can i get concurrently with the 4th night free? Want to make a booking for my family for multiple rooms over the same dates but IHG app tells me to book a reward night reservation at a time. Can anyone confirm this is possible thanks.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by sxc234
can't find confirmation on this. But if i'm a Premier card holder, how many rooms can i get concurrently with the 4th night free? Want to make a booking for my family for multiple rooms over the same dates but IHG app tells me to book a reward night reservation at a time. Can anyone confirm this is possible thanks.
I've been able to book two rooms in the same property, on the same four days, and both had the 4th night free. As for the limit, I assume it would be 9 rooms.
sxc234 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.