Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by Blind and Green
I had the original one and applied for the new one (I didn't upgrade, I just applied with the hope of keeping both).

I completed $3k spend when the last statement closed (9/5). Received the 80k bonus today. Will send a secure message about the additional 20k points.
I logged in to secure message Chase, but noticed that it lists 100k points being transferred today (80k + an additional 20k). The 20k isn't reflected yet in my IHG account, but I'll give it a couple more days before sending Chase a message.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by squiddz
I have seen that at least 2 posters here have had the original IHG Chase card, upgraded to the new one, and received the 80k bonus. I have had the original card for many years, upgraded, and am being told (through a series of private messages to and from Chase) that the 80k bonus (I'm not even trying for the 100k one) is NOT for upgrades. I have quoted THEIR website over and over, which states:

"This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months."

I keep telling them "I do not have THIS card, I had ANOTHER card." and they politely repeat that the bonus is only for new cardmembers, not upgrades.

Can anyone suggest a recourse? The only reason I upgraded was to get the 80k points and I did meet the spend. I purposely used that card instead of another. What can I try next, I've been DM'ing them for over a week now and am going around in circles. Can anyone suggest anything else? A good phone number to try? Another way to reach them? THANK YOU!
You are misinformed. The people who "upgraded" to the new card probably applied for the new card. The 100k is not for product changing the old card to the new card. The T&C you quote are from the page of applying for the new card, not upgrade.
Tony300S likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond
Hi @thealphalion - thank you for the info, but I'm still stuck on this sentence: "This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months." I did not have THAT card. I had the older card. I can't get past this - will appreciate any advice!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Blind and Green

I completed $3k spend when the last statement closed (9/5). Received the 80k bonus today. Will send a secure message about the additional 20k points.
Another data point, my statement closed 10/5. I did get the normal and bonus points on IHG account immediately but not the 100K bonus points which are reflected on my statement. However, if you go to the Chase credit cards forum, you will see that the bonus points can sometimes take a couple of business days beyond the statement date to credit.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
It may go away eventually since the pool of holders will remain stagnant and there is no compelling reason to put spend on the Select if you've also gotten the Premier, but IHG has already significantly limited their damage by eliminating the free night at properties above 40K so it might limp along for a year or two. IHG/Chase will probably pull the plug if the lack of spending from the remaining Select remains low.

I'm surprised that the upgrade path from the Select to the Premier was made so unappealing. I got an offer for 5K points to upgrade from the Select to the Premier--a week or two after I'd already applied independently for the Premier in May for 80K (and then later got the 20K bump when the bonus increased). IHG/Chase might have enticed more to upgrade had the bonus been the 65K offered for the Traveler--which is what I expect the Select will become at some point.
I am keeping both. The free night (even if limited to 40K or less properties) and 10% rebate make it worthwhile to hold. Regarding the upgrade, Chase doesn't have to make lucrative offers because of 5/24. I mean, I was over and got the new card, but no I delayed my reaching 5/24 by doing so, and some people will not and upgrade to avoid the hit on 5/24.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by squiddz
Hi @thealphalion - thank you for the info, but I'm still stuck on this sentence: "This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months." I did not have THAT card. I had the older card. I can't get past this - will appreciate any advice!
I'm sorry to have to say that Chase is correct. The T/Cs you are quoting refer to directly applying for the new card. They do not, unfortunately, apply to upgrading the old card to the new card. You may have seen a few posts on FT that made it seem that they do apply, but those posts are almost surely mistaken or simply poorly written. Unless you have a screen shot where Chase clearly stated that points are awarded for upgrading your best bet is to just let this go. You are not going to win this argument with Chase.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dguruswamy
I am keeping both. The free night (even if limited to 40K or less properties) and 10% rebate make it worthwhile to hold. Regarding the upgrade, Chase doesn't have to make lucrative offers because of 5/24. I mean, I was over and got the new card, but no I delayed my reaching 5/24 by doing so, and some people will not and upgrade to avoid the hit on 5/24.
Oh definitely, I'll keep both--the 10% discount and fourth night free combination on awards makes this a great combination--but I'm not sure I'll spend an inquiry on the Traveler card to get an additional 65K points. IHG points are easy enough to get that I don't want to give up an application to Chase that I might spend on another card in another program.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by U2936JAN
Just wanted to add my recent experience with the IHG Premier card.

I've held the old IHG Select card since last June, and applied for the new IHG Premier on 5/24/18. I was approved, and the card came in the mail a full 18 days later. I met the minimum spend during the second month, with my second statement closing 7/23. 80K bonus points posted on 7/24, along with 1x/2x/10x credit card spend points.

I have seen a delay in the Global Entry/PreCheck credit being applied. I used mine for a friend. Charged on 7/9 and haven't yet seen any reimbursement, despite my statement closing. Fine print on Chase's website says "The statement credit will be posted to your account within 24 hours of the Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® program application fee being charged to your card," but that hasn't happened. First phone call told me to wait until my statement closed; second phone call today told me to wait another week.
Any update on the Global Entry credit?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
So up until this point Chase will let you keep the old $49 card and apply for/keep new Premier Card too? (provided your last bonus was over 24 months ago).
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vincewy
So up until this point Chase will let you keep the old $49 card and apply for/keep new Premier Card too? (provided your last bonus was over 24 months ago).
I have both the $49/year Select card and the $89/year Premier card. My records show that I applied for the Premier card less than 24 months after I received the bonus points for the initial spend on the Select card, and I received the bonus points for the initial spend on the Premier card.

I don't understand what "up until this point" means in this context. Has Chase announced a change in its policy of allowing people to hold both cards?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:06 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by vincewy
Yes!

Originally Posted by serpens
I don't understand what "up until this point" means in this context. Has Chase announced a change in its policy of allowing people to hold both cards?
I think it was more of a, "Will Chase STILL allow you to carry both cards" type confirmation.

I've had my IHG Select card as a Spire AMB since 2015 and looking to finally add the IHG Premier next month....so fingers crossed nothing changes by then.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:19 pm

Am I imagining things, or is Chase burying the Traveler card? The only app links I can find are via blogger referrals; if you visit https://creditcards.chase.com or https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...n/earn-rewards, the Traveler card doesn’t exist.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:52 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
FINALLY just applied and was approved for my IHG Premier Card (Offer: 80K Points after $2k Spend) with a $24K CR. I was at 4/24 with Chase so figured I should double down and combine the credit inquiry, so I got the Freedom Unlimited as well.

As a IHG Spire AMB and an existing IHG Select card holder, this new card should stretch my points and options a bit further.

So with both IHG cards combined here are the reward details listing:
  • $138 Total Annual Fee
  • Automatic Platinum Status
  • 10 X Points per $1 Spend @ IHG
  • 2 X Anniversary Free Nights (now capped at 40K points)
  • 10% Reward Points Rebate (Select Card)
  • 4th Reward Night Free (Premier Card)
  • FREE Global Entry/TSA Pre Fee (Premier Card)
  • 20% Off Reward Points Purchases (Premier Card)
I don't plan to ever spend much on the Premier card besides an occasional IHG night after the sign-on bonus....I have my newish Chase trifecta (CSP/Ink Cash/Freedom Unlimited) for all that. ^
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tony300S
FINALLY just applied and was approved for my IHG Premier Card (Offer: 80K Points after $2k Spend) with a $24K CR. I was at 4/24 with Chase so figured I should double down and combine the credit inquiry, so I got the Freedom Unlimited as well.
Congrats. I didn't realize that you could get both at the same time if you were 4/24.

Also, thanks for the consolidated benefits list. Since you mentioned the specific card providing the benefit on some lines, I would point out that the 10 X Points per $1 spend at IHG is only on the Premier card.

Do you plan to put any spend ever on the Select card? Some people have recommended using it occasionally so Chase won't cancel it due to lack of use.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:51 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by serpens
Congrats. I didn't realize that you could get both at the same time if you were 4/24.

Also, thanks for the consolidated benefits list. Since you mentioned the specific card providing the benefit on some lines, I would point out that the 10 X Points per $1 spend at IHG is only on the Premier card.

Do you plan to put any spend ever on the Select card? Some people have recommended using it occasionally so Chase won't cancel it due to lack of use.
I'll throw a few bucks on the Select from time to time, been trying to get into that habit on all my card really just so they don't get flagged as inactive.

The Premier card I will likely use for personal IHG charges when possible, unfortunately all my IHG business travel is via a corporate Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.