Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Booked a few stays but always had more than enough points so no real help

but as they only charge you for 3 night (not 4 and later refund 1) I would assume having enough pints for 3 night is enough.
tyuzwa likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:49 am

Thanks for the PROMPT REPLY, but I only have enough points for the 3 nights. I did call and they said it will still work but I have my doubts. I hate it when a plan doesn't come together as originally thought out. I don't want to pay for another 50,000 IF I don't need it.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Just try it

looked for a hotel, entered a time frame that would be in excess of my points without 4th night free (stay 20 pay for 15) and got to the booking page just completing the request. So far so good.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Good question. The only thing I can tell you is that the old card's 10% rebate is stackable with the Ambassador 10% rebate. I've got a 4 night stay coming up, was only charged the points for 3 nights, and I expect I will then get the 10% + 10% rebates off that. But I will let you guys know in a couple of months.
Thanks for the 4th night free + 10% rebate.

Can you also check about the cash+points 20% off as TPG posted? That would require you to see the cash rate (in cash+points) for a hotel room on same day when you are logged in and when you are not to see if you are getting 20% off on cash portion of it.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by rct12345
Thanks for the 4th night free + 10% rebate.

Can you also check about the cash+points 20% off as TPG posted? That would require you to see the cash rate (in cash+points) for a hotel room on same day when you are logged in and when you are not to see if you are getting 20% off on cash portion of it.
you misunderstood the cash and points rate > google it as it has nothing to do with the cash rate

In a nutshell you buy points so instead of 50k the room now is 40k and $80 or so (the $ varies sometimes)

Last edited by blitzen; Jun 15, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:56 am

I'm in a sticky situation. I signed up for the new credit card and have met the spend but the credit card doesn't wrap up until the 23rd. I can call and move it up but that won't be quick enough either. That's when I get the 80K for the sign up bonus. I only bought enough points to make up the difference needed. The sale ends, I think, today.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by tyuzwa
Thanks for the PROMPT REPLY, but I only have enough points for the 3 nights. I did call and they said it will still work but I have my doubts. I hate it when a plan doesn't come together as originally thought out. I don't want to pay for another 50,000 IF I don't need it.
what is the problem ... book it now. You can always cancel if needed
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:03 pm

Just tried it for you 1,050,000 points after rebate just slightly less than I had in my account (don't ask) for 28 days and was able (as expected) to book the room. Then I cancelled a minute afterwards
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Just tried it for you 1,050,000 points after rebate just slightly less than I had in my account (don't ask) for 28 days and was able (as expected) to book the room. Then I cancelled a minute afterwards
So this should work then. THANK YOU. I need 150,000 for 3 nights with the 4th free and WILL only have 150,000 after my sign up bonus. I'm not going to buy any more then. YOU ARE AWESOME!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by tyuzwa
So this should work then. THANK YOU. I need 150,000 for 3 nights with the 4th free and WILL only have 150,000 after my sign up bonus. I'm not going to buy any more then. YOU ARE AWESOME!
I am just over 150K as well and did a search for your scenario both in the app and on my desktop. On the app it shows that I would need to buy 50K (see screenshot). However, on the desktop site it shows the total needed as 150K and looks like it would work without issues.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by travel4free
I am just over 150K as well and did a search for your scenario both in the app and on my desktop. On the app it shows that I would need to buy 50K (see screenshot). However, on the desktop site it shows the total needed as 150K and looks like it would work without issues.
That is VERY interesting. I will Definitely use the desktop then. THANK YOU. The world is full of so many nice people trying to help other people out, especially in the miles and points game. God bless.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by travel4free
Weird ... for me Desktop and App had the same result (> charged for 3 out of 4 nights) .... but if someone runs into problems with the APP it is good to know that the desktop version might solve any problem before calling in
tyuzwa likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:43 pm

you misunderstood the cash and points rate > google it as it has nothing to do with the cash rate

In a nutshell you buy points so instead of 50k the room now is 40k and $80 or so (the $ varies sometimes)
I have done several cash+points bookings and I'm aware that the cash portion is used to buy the points.
In my first post regarding this question, I was referring to this post by TPG: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/how-t...ht-free-award/
This post says that as a feature of this new IHG premier credit card, you should get a 20% discount on the 'cash portion' of points+cash booking. I understand the cash part of it is just buying points and then using it as a points booking.
I don't trust that post so I'm asking someone with IHG premier card to verify that they are seeing a lower cash+points rate as compared to when they are not logged in.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:57 pm

Weird ... for me Desktop and App had the same result (> charged for 3 out of 4 nights) .... but if someone runs into problems with the APP it is good to know that the desktop version might solve any problem before calling in
It looks to me like a glitch in their app. Hopefully someone notices and cleans it up. Good news is that the desktop works just fine.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:58 pm

I have the card and the 20% off is just on paper

Logged in 50k points or 45k and $40 > log off and try again 50k or 45k and $40 no change

When you normally buy points they are 1c per point and Chase/IHG argue that the new credit card gives you at least 20% off (but they base it on the base price and not any offer) 5000 points normally $50 > and with cash and points you already safe 20% as you only pay $40
Not that I agree but that is their argument that they could not find basis for in their T&C but still stuck to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.