Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Do you have to use the new Premier card as your payment card when making the booking in order to get the 4th night free benefit?

Here's my situation: Current IHG select cardholder. Approved for premier card a few days ago, haven't received it yet.

Tried to book 4 night reservation, using my IHG select card as the payment card, since I don't have the new card number.

System is not offering me 4th night free.

Called IHG, they asked if I wanted to change my IHG card on file with them from select to premier.

I said no, because I still want the 10% rebate, I want them to have both cards on file.

Phone rep told me I would have to use the new Premier card number as the payment card when I booked online in order to get 4th night free.

Would that mean I don't get the 10% rebate as a select cardholder? Do you only get the benefits associated with the payment card used to book the reservation?
Hi,
The new card will be linked to the account and the 4th night free will show up even without changing anything in your account (aka the cc used for the reservation). And using the Premier Card for a free night .... what are they going to charge ... nothing.
Old May 2, 2018, 2:51 am

Could someone who got the card update us on the sign up bonus? We opened the select card in August of 2017 (no super certficate :-(, still not too pleased with that decision), but thinking about applying for this one as well for the 4th night free, only with the 80k bonus though... Thanks!!!
Old May 2, 2018, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by calculus1918
Could someone who got the card update us on the sign up bonus? We opened the select card in August of 2017 (no super certficate :-(, still not too pleased with that decision), but thinking about applying for this one as well for the 4th night free, only with the 80k bonus though... Thanks!!!
My first statement hit this last weekend. I was just short of the $2,000 spend at that time. I did receive the $50 credit and 5,000 Authorized user bonus. However, the 80,000 will have to wait until my next statement. I can provide an update then. My situation is that I already have the Select card and continue to, but I got that over two years ago (I would argue that shouldn't matter though).
Tony300S likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hertz PC; IHG Diamond
4th Night Free - 24/36 hour Delay after "IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Pltn Upgrade"

Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,
The new card will be linked to the account and the 4th night free will show up even without changing anything in your account (aka the cc used for the reservation). And using the Premier Card for a free night .... what are they going to charge ... nothing.
I also have the old card and was not able to book the 4th night free reward night until about a day and a half after I obtained "IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Pltn Upgrade" in my history showing the new card had linked to my account. It appears there is a secondary IP update which needs to occur after the account is linked with the new Premier card before the 4th night shows up free. Like others I did not have to change anything, just wait.
Old May 9, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nagoyaboy
I also have the old card and was not able to book the 4th night free reward night until about a day and a half after I obtained "IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Pltn Upgrade" in my history showing the new card had linked to my account. It appears there is a secondary IP update which needs to occur after the account is linked with the new Premier card before the 4th night shows up free. Like others I did not have to change anything, just wait.
How long after you were approved for the new card did this 4th night free option show up? Thanks.
Old May 9, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hertz PC; IHG Diamond
5 days from approved application to 4th night free booking

The new card identifier "IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Pltn Upgrade" was in my IHG account history on the morning of the 4th day after I applied. It then took another day and a half before I could book the 4th night free (I say a day and a half as when I tried in the morning of the 5th day after approval to book a 4 night reward stay I did not get the 4th night free, but then when I tried later that afternoon it did give me the 4th night free). All told, 5/5.5 days from approval to the IHG account recognizing and allowing me to book a 4th reward night free. I'm generally not so hyper to book a room but when I saw the "IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Pltn Upgrade" in my account on day 4 I gambled and cancelled an existing 4 night reward stay in order to have enough points to rebook the same room with the 4th night free (to then not be able to rebook with a free 4th night when I tried on day 4).
Tony300S likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thanks Nagoyaboy for the detailed report.

I was approved for the card the night of May 7. Sure enough, this morning, May 10th, I had the same "IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Pltn Upgrade" notation on my account.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:11 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Thanks for the 4th Night Free updates and reports guys!

I don't need the Bonus IHG points right now for anything specific, so I figure I might as well hold off on my second IHG card until I have a big reward stay planned. No reason double up on AF's without using the benifits in my book. ^
Old May 10, 2018, 7:58 pm

I am surprised there isn't more enthusiasm about the new Premier card's 10X point earning on paid stays. That's not only a nice bonus in its own right, but those are also elite qualifying points.

If you value the points at just ,5c each, you earn 2.5c more dollar in value over the classic card. Doing that math, that means annual IHG hotel spend of ($89 / .025) = $3,560 will entirely cover the annual fee. You can value that 40K free night, 4th night free, etc. at $0 and it's still worth keeping.

And spending $3,750 on stays gets you to the 75,000 Spire level, with its 25,000 bonus points and other perks. That takes $5K in spend with the classic card. (All numbers assume any property but Staybridge and Candlewood, which earns 5x not 10x points on stays).
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Nagoyaboy
The new card identifier "IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Pltn Upgrade" was in my IHG account history on the morning of the 4th day after I applied. It then took another day and a half before I could book the 4th night free (I say a day and a half as when I tried in the morning of the 5th day after approval to book a 4 night reward stay I did not get the 4th night free, but then when I tried later that afternoon it did give me the 4th night free). All told, 5/5.5 days from approval to the IHG account recognizing and allowing me to book a 4th reward night free. I'm generally not so hyper to book a room but when I saw the "IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Pltn Upgrade" in my account on day 4 I gambled and cancelled an existing 4 night reward stay in order to have enough points to rebook the same room with the 4th night free (to then not be able to rebook with a free 4th night when I tried on day 4).
IHG is not known for their excellence in IT. However, when it comes to their credit card offers, they don't mess around with those.

Originally Posted by DaveH
I am surprised there isn't more enthusiasm about the new Premier card's 10X point earning on paid stays. That's not only a nice bonus in its own right, but those are also elite qualifying points.

If you value the points at just ,5c each, you earn 2.5c more dollar in value over the classic card. Doing that math, that means annual IHG hotel spend of ($89 / .025) = $3,560 will entirely cover the annual fee. You can value that 40K free night, 4th night free, etc. at $0 and it's still worth keeping.

And spending $3,750 on stays gets you to the 75,000 Spire level, with its 25,000 bonus points and other perks. That takes $5K in spend with the classic card. (All numbers assume any property but Staybridge and Candlewood, which earns 5x not 10x points on stays).
I've been torn on what to do. Those 10x elite qualifying points are very tempting indeed. Especially since I probably won't qualify for Spire again this year without it. I'd say .5 cents is a good, conservative estimate for point valuation. .6 or higher could also be debatable. TPG says .6. My last redemption was above that.

One thing that I would hate to lose is the 10% rebate. Although, that probably won't net me more than 25,000 points a year, which the Spire status would give me as well. My stays are rarely 4 nights, so the 4th night wouldn't do me much good. Although, that could change once I have it. I already have Global Entry, so that also wouldn't help. However, having the dual combo of the old and new card, could be a great combo. As much as I don't want to pay $140 a year in AFs, I can easily get more than $140 worth of rooms for the two free nights alone. I think I'm going to run both. $140 in fees to get me 30 points on the dollar, 2 free nights, and 10% rebate isn't half bad at all.

Last edited by Super Mario; May 11, 2018 at 6:41 am
Old May 10, 2018, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario
However, having the dual combo of the old and new card, could be a great combo. As much as I don't want to pay $140 a year in AFs, I can easily get more than $140 worth of rooms for the two free nights alone. I think I'm going to run both. $140 in fees to get me 30 points on the dollar, 2 free nights, and 10% rebate isn't half bad at all.
Bingo. There is no reason any serious IHG customer wouldn't carry both cards IMO.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:16 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar

Bingo. There is no reason any serious IHG customer wouldn't carry both cards IMO.
I would agree to both statements above especially IF you can or do actually book the majority of your stays on an IHG CC.

Unfortunately for me (and I'm sure many others) 95% of all my IHG travel is business related and charged to my corporate Amex. All the perks gained however (points, free nights and Spire status) I redeem for my personal stays/vacations where even just the standalone/annual CC perks of status, 10% rebate and now the 4th night on Premier CC will still hold plenty of value for me.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Super Mario
...for the two free nights alone.
My free night from the Select hits my account in early to mid January. I'm waiting until next Jan to apply for the Premier so that the two free nights hit the account about the same time annually. I'm in no rush to get the 80k bonus points or use the 4th night free benefit.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:02 pm

Approved 5 days ago. Chase says the new IHG card is linked. IHG says the new card was linked yesterday.

Still not able to book 4th night free.

Called IHG back and now said the card is NOT linked and will take 3-5 business days to sort out.

What a PITA. Told them I may lose a room I need. I was told tough.
Old May 11, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Approved 5 days ago. Chase says the new IHG card is linked. IHG says the new card was linked yesterday.

Still not able to book 4th night free.

Called IHG back and now said the card is NOT linked and will take 3-5 business days to sort out.

What a PITA. Told them I may lose a room I need. I was told tough.
It should be very soon. Took about a week for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.