Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:01 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Anyone verify the 20 percent discount for buying points works?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by stets
Have you seen something that indicates this is how the 4th night is implemented? The TOC's seem to indicate otherwise:

"For each standard room Reward Night stay of 4 or more nights, every 4th night is free. Applies only to 4 or more consecutive nights within the same Reward Night point redemption room stay at the same property. With this benefit, eligible members will be charged the Reward Night point redemption rate for the first 3 nights, and 0 points for the 4th night of the stay, as applicable. If 4th Reward Night Free reservation is cancelled, or check-out occurs before the 4th night, the 4th Reward Night is forfeited and has no cash or point value. Members can utilize the 4th Reward Night Free benefit on an unlimited number of stays annually. IHG® Rewards Club Reward Night terms and conditions apply. Offer does not apply to paid stays or Points & Cash bookings. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment."

But nothing is showing up like that for me (although the card just showed up in my chase account 20 minutes ago, so who knows.)
I signed up for the card the day it was available and received it in the mail last Saturday. I did a dummy search today and verified that when I get to the final booking step it removes the 4th night points "before" booking. The search results do show the full nightly rate and you don't see the 4th night taken off until the end. As a previous poster mentioned, we won't know if the 10% rebate is stackable for a while because that rebate posts well after the stay. This was just a dummy reservation so hopefully someone else can report in a few weeks whether the 4th night free and 10% rebate are stackable for those of us that have both cards.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by travel4free
I signed up for the card the day it was available and received it in the mail last Saturday. I did a dummy search today and verified that when I get to the final booking step it removes the 4th night points "before" booking. The search results do show the full nightly rate and you don't see the 4th night taken off until the end. As a previous poster mentioned, we won't know if the 10% rebate is stackable for a while because that rebate posts well after the stay. This was just a dummy reservation so hopefully someone else can report in a few weeks whether the 4th night free and 10% rebate are stackable for those of us that have both cards.
Do the nights need to booked at the same time all together? I had booked seven nights for a couple of months already but added an eight night yesterday in the
hopes that I will get 2 nights rebated. If not I could just redo the whole reservation.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Do the nights need to booked at the same time all together? I had booked seven nights for a couple of months already but added an eight night yesterday in the
hopes that I will get 2 nights rebated. If not I could just redo the whole reservation.
I would cancel and rebook all eight nights together if the award nights are all still available. Since they are reducing the number of points required upfront before booking, I would have no confidence that they would do any kind of rebate after the stay (unless you found a sympathetic customer service rep willing to help). I did do another dummy search for 8 nights and can confirm that the total rate was reduced by 2 nights, so every fourth night was free not just the first one.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by travel4free
I would cancel and rebook all eight nights together if the award nights are all still available. Since they are reducing the number of points required upfront before booking, I would have no confidence that they would do any kind of rebate after the stay (unless you found a sympathetic customer service rep willing to help). I did do another dummy search for 8 nights and can confirm that the total rate was reduced by 2 nights, so every fourth night was free not just the first one.
Thanks for great advice. I did indeed cancel both reservations and immediately rebooked the 8 nights.
2 nights were credited instantly. One satisfied customer. Curious to find out if the 10 percent rebate
will show.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yesterday, I was looking at booking an IHG hotel night and got the $50 statement credit offer -- I couldn't resist and applied. Instant success -- first time that's happened for me with Chase in some time. About 2 weeks ago, I did reduce the credit limit on one of my existing Chase cards because that had been a problem with approval in the past. I suggest anyone thinking of getting this card do the same.

I do hope there's no problem getting the 80K bonus -- my primary motivation in getting the card. (I do already have the "regular" IHG credit card). BTW, I did not immediately add an additional cardholder to my application, as I saw nothing that said I had to do so to get the additional 5K. I assume that's correct, and that as soon as I get the card, I simply add the cardholder, she makes a purchase and I get an extra 5K?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Anyone verify the 20 percent discount for buying points works?
I'd expect this would work just fine. I'm a lot more interested to know if the 20% discount stacks with the 100% bonus points sales.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:24 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Thanks for great advice. I did indeed cancel both reservations and immediately rebooked the 8 nights.
2 nights were credited instantly. One satisfied customer. Curious to find out if the 10 percent rebate
will show.
That's great news! Guessing the Premier card just needs to be received and activated to reflect the 4th night bonus in your account/bookings.

You'll have to wait until the statement AFTER your stay to see the 10%. I'm sure it will work as there has been no notifications otherwise.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:26 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yesterday, I was looking at booking an IHG hotel night and got the $50 statement credit offer -- I couldn't resist and applied. Instant success -- first time that's happened for me with Chase in some time. About 2 weeks ago, I did reduce the credit limit on one of my existing Chase cards because that had been a problem with approval in the past. I suggest anyone thinking of getting this card do the same.

I do hope there's no problem getting the 80K bonus -- my primary motivation in getting the card. (I do already have the "regular" IHG credit card). BTW, I did not immediately add an additional cardholder to my application, as I saw nothing that said I had to do so to get the additional 5K. I assume that's correct, and that as soon as I get the card, I simply add the cardholder, she makes a purchase and I get an extra 5K?
No, the AU offers are always available at a later date, no need to do it at time of new card application.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Tony300S
No, the AU offers are always available at a later date, no need to do it at time of new card application.
AFAIK, it's usually 3 months from date of application.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:10 am

Guessing the Premier card just needs to be received and activated to reflect the 4th night bonus in your account/bookings.
FWIW, I have not yet received my card and therefor did not activate. Under my account activity on the IHG website there is , however, a note stating "IHG
Rewards Club Credit Card Pltn Upgrade". That seems to be the triggering point.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
FWIW, I have not yet received my card and therefor did not activate. Under my account activity on the IHG website there is , however, a note stating "IHG
Rewards Club Credit Card Pltn Upgrade". That seems to be the triggering point.
Same true here. The 4th night free on award bookings was not available for me but it was after this same entry showed on my account activity (even though I was already Plat). I received and activated my card several days later.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the confirmation. Now I have to hope Chase doesn't shut me down for finally getting another credit card from them. The stuff being talked about today at sites like doctorofcredit is a bit scary. I don't apply for that many credit cards these days (something like 4 or 5 a year), but I sure don't want to be shut down by Chase for a getting another good-but-not-fantastic IHG credit card. It doesn't seem like any application with Chase is perfectly safe these days, and nobody really knows what the criteria for shutdown are.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:18 pm

Applied using the $50 statement link of IHG's website. Got approved right away

Question: Ive had my IHG card for 4+ years. Does that mean I'm eligible for the 80K points since its more than 24 months?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:22 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ross11988
Applied using the $50 statement link of IHG's website. Got approved right away

Question: Ive had my IHG card for 4+ years. Does that mean I'm eligible for the 80K points since its more than 24 months?
The thinking so far is that the Premier would be a new product from the Select so you SHOULD be good either way. Think it's still too soon to know 100% until we start seeing DP's on bonuses posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.