Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by blitzen

that is the question. Hope we have some data points soon.
Has it been announced that the old $49 card is being discontinued and that everyone will be transitioned to a new product? I just can't imagine people keeping it indefinitely if they are no longer offering it as a product to new applicants. Does Chase have any precedent of doing that - allowing people to renew cards year after year even though they are no longer offered to newbies?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Has it been announced that the old $49 card is being discontinued and that everyone will be transitioned to a new product? I just can't imagine people keeping it indefinitely if they are no longer offering it as a product to new applicants. Does Chase have any precedent of doing that - allowing people to renew cards year after year even though they are no longer offered to newbies?
i think that was done for one of the Business Ink etc. I will keep the new&old as the free night will pay for the fee and if 4th night free and 10% can be combined it would be the winning combo
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:17 am

Applied and got the 30 day notice. Does anyone have a U.S. phone number to call?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Applied and got the 30 day notice. Does anyone have a U.S. phone number to call?
Unfortunately not but I would wait a day or two. Iberia and IHG showed the 30 days message for me and both showed online a couple of days later without me doing anything (they moved credit lines).
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:50 am

Unfortunately not but I would wait a day or two. Iberia and IHG showed the 30 days message for me and both showed online a couple of days later without me doing anything (they moved credit lines).
Thanks. Good advice.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I just can't imagine people keeping it indefinitely if they are no longer offering it as a product to new applicants. Does Chase have any precedent of doing that - allowing people to renew cards year after year even though they are no longer offered to newbies?
Yes. I have had the Chase United Mileage Plus Select VISA for 15+ years. It stopped being offered to new customers in 2011 or 2012 but is still very much alive for legacy users like myself. I pay $95 yearly.

I plan to keep the legacy $49 IHG Select forever as well.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
what good was it to upgrade and miss out on 85k pts for a new app?
I just applied for the IHG Select card about 8 months ago, which means that I would have to wait another 16 months to be eligible to apply for the 85k sign-up bonus.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:59 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I just applied for the IHG Select card about 8 months ago, which means that I would have to wait another 16 months to be eligible to apply for the 85k sign-up bonus.
Doubt it, it's a new product so you would have been eligible. What's done is done I guess...
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do you say that?

Chase limits you to one bonus per 24ish months on the same card, not on all cards in the same program. (It's only Citi that does the latter.)

So as long as you apply for a different IHG card from Chase (not the "Select" again), you should be able to get another bonus.

Go to the wikipost atop the following thread, expand the Wiki, then click on item 8, and it will explain that the 24-month lockout does not apply when Chase creates a new card that's different from the card you currently have:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1809882-applying-chase-credit-cards-2017-onward.html
dw and Tony300S like this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: UAL,AA, Marriott Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver
Isn't this incorrect. This shows the $49 card with an unrestricted free night. That is in error. This is in reply to that chart from points guy on page 3.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:26 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by tdfxman
Isn't this incorrect. This shows the $49 card with an unrestricted free night. That is in error. This is in reply to that chart from points guy on page 3.
Sure... as it was, it's correct, going forward it will be restricted to 40K as is the Premier UNLESS IHG backpedals from all the heat they are getting on social media over the change and grandfathers existing Select holders.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:57 am

isn’t the 24 month restriction per product group (not specific credit card) only for the UR earning CSR etc cards
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:59 pm

You were right. Showed up online today.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
You were right. Showed up online today.
I got the 30 day message as well and the card simply appear online with no other notification as of yet.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:08 am

Applied for the Ink Cash yesterday. How long do I need to wait to apply for the IHG Premier?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.