Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: You name it 😉
Ok. So I am still not clear as to whether I need to cancel my current select card to ensure I receive the bonus for the premier. I was planning on staying at the Willard this fall and this bonus would at least cover the devaluation of a free night. I would rather not wait until they transfer me since very years back and missed out on a 60K bonus. My employer uses IHG almost exclusively and we are allowed to use a very generous discount as a leisure rate too or I would be searching for another card.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by dineaux
Ok. So I am still not clear as to whether I need to cancel my current select card to ensure I receive the bonus for the premier. I was planning on staying at the Willard this fall and this bonus would at least cover the devaluation of a free night. I would rather not wait until they transfer me since very years back and missed out on a 60K bonus. My employer uses IHG almost exclusively and we are allowed to use a very generous discount as a leisure rate too or I would be searching for another card.
You can definitely hold both cards as many of us are already doing that. You should get the bonus as it is a different product. However, it would be a few weeks before any of us can tell you for sure that we got it. I can confirm that I received the $50 statement credit a few days after my first purchase.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by geo1005
Same true here. The 4th night free on award bookings was not available for me but it was after this same entry showed on my account activity (even though I was already Plat). I received and activated my card several days later.
I got two of those entries "IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Pltn Upgrade" on Saturday (2 days ago), but am still not able to get the 4th night free. Just this morning though, I am seeing 20% off on p+c bookings (which I assume is from the card, but maybe is just a new promotion? ETA: Just a new promotion, book by April 30th, stay by May 31th. Better deal than the 80% bonus for buying points, I've seen as low as $4.80 per 1k) . So just another data point. Have not yet received the physical card.

Last edited by stets; Apr 23, 2018 at 10:58 am
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:46 am

I’m also not getting the 4th night free yet. The upgrade to platinum card line item on my history showed up two days ago. Any other data points on this?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:46 am

-----
Tony300S likes this.

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:40 am
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by travel4free
You can definitely hold both cards as many of us are already doing that. You should get the bonus as it is a different product. However, it would be a few weeks before any of us can tell you for sure that we got it. I can confirm that I received the $50 statement credit a few days after my first purchase.
what benefit does holding the legacy card have?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by ross11988

Hopefully a 10% points rebate in addition to 4th night free, yet to be verified. Also, the annual fee is only $49 making the extra "free" night cheaper than the new card.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Hopefully a 10% points rebate in addition to 4th night free, yet to be verified. Also, the annual fee is only $49 making the extra "free" night cheaper than the new card.
If they add the 4th night free benefit you'll see the AF go up I'm sure.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
If they add the 4th night free benefit you'll see the AF go up I'm sure.
10% rebate is the benefit of the old card. 4th night free is the benefit of the new card. The thought is, based on the T&C's, that by having both cards you will get both benefits. I have heard no suggestion that the 4th night free would be added as a benefit of the old card. Pretty sure they would have rolled that out at the same time if they had any intention of doing so.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:24 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by ross11988

About a $191 in points value annually (40K X $0.006 = $240 - $49 AF) + the 10% reward points rebate. Still worth it in my book.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Do you have to use the new Premier card as your payment card when making the booking in order to get the 4th night free benefit?

Here's my situation: Current IHG select cardholder. Approved for premier card a few days ago, haven't received it yet.

Tried to book 4 night reservation, using my IHG select card as the payment card, since I don't have the new card number.

System is not offering me 4th night free.

Called IHG, they asked if I wanted to change my IHG card on file with them from select to premier.

I said no, because I still want the 10% rebate, I want them to have both cards on file.

Phone rep told me I would have to use the new Premier card number as the payment card when I booked online in order to get 4th night free.

Would that mean I don't get the 10% rebate as a select cardholder? Do you only get the benefits associated with the payment card used to book the reservation?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Do you have to use the new Premier card as your payment card when making the booking in order to get the 4th night free benefit?

Here's my situation: Current IHG select cardholder. Approved for premier card a few days ago, haven't received it yet.

Tried to book 4 night reservation, using my IHG select card as the payment card, since I don't have the new card number.

System is not offering me 4th night free.

Called IHG, they asked if I wanted to change my IHG card on file with them from select to premier.

I said no, because I still want the 10% rebate, I want them to have both cards on file.

Phone rep told me I would have to use the new Premier card number as the payment card when I booked online in order to get 4th night free.

Would that mean I don't get the 10% rebate as a select cardholder? Do you only get the benefits associated with the payment card used to book the reservation?
I haven't completed a stay since the new card. However, my Chase Saphire Preferred is my stored payment method. It never stopped me from getting the 10% rebate before and I still see the 4th night free now with the new card. I don't see why that would matter since these are rewards stays and many times no actual charges end up on the card anyway.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I haven't completed a stay since the new card. However, my Chase Saphire Preferred is my stored payment method. It never stopped me from getting the 10% rebate before and I still see the 4th night free now with the new card. I don't see why that would matter since these are rewards stays and many times no actual charges end up on the card anyway.
thanks. Has anyone else like me been approved for the new card but isn't seeing the 4th night free being offered on the website?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
That's interesting. I wonder how the system knows to rebate you? I always thought they monitored the cc - but I suppose that was not well thought out on my part. For an award stay there could be $0 placed on the cc - so they have to have another way to do it. So - even if 4th night free requires new card - it is possible old card still results in 10% back. Will be interesting to see if this occurs.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: You name it 😉
Well damn. My anniversary date is May 3rd. After holding this card since the beginning and accepting the all changes over the years, I think its time to start looking elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.