Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by dw
Anyone else think it’s odd that the cards were just rebranded as “IHG Rewards”… and now IHG has already renamed the loyalty program “IHG One Rewards”?
Knowing IHG, next year it will be "IHG Two Rewards".
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:08 pm

Has anyone seen this error message when trying to load the travelbank cash? I am a new biz card holder. I do know that the card is connected to my IHG account, because it shows the platinum elite benefit that I only have because of the card:

Sorry, this offer is only available for IHG Rewards Premier and Business Premier Credit Cardmembers. If you’ve received this message in error, contact IHG Customer Care: 1 (877) 424-2449

The reps at IHG have suggested that it takes 4-6 weeks for my new card to be "linked" to my account, at which point I'll be able to load travelbank cash. Any chance that's accurate? The reps very obviously know nothing about this benefit.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:01 pm
daq

I just signed up for the Travel Bank and my expiration date is 7/15/22... I see other people's dates being much further out. Anyone else have this? It seems pretty ridiculous to only have 3 months to use it.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by daq
I just signed up for the Travel Bank and my expiration date is 7/15/22... I see other people's dates being much further out. Anyone else have this? It seems pretty ridiculous to only have 3 months to use it.
The $25 balances in my account & my DW’s have now been changed from an 18-month lifespan to … expiring 3 months from today. :-|
Old Apr 16, 2022, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by beltway
The $25 balances in my account & my DW’s have now been changed from an 18-month lifespan to … expiring 3 months from today. :-|
Same for me. 😡
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Made use of the Chase Flex award for the IC in Ishigaki, Okinawa.
Award +2,000 or +6000 depending on date.
Previously it was 39,000 and I had planned to use the Chase Select night too, but that was ruled out.
Also booked 4 nights (points are 50,000x3).
Frustrating as the website kept crashing on Firefox. Finally got it done on Chrome.

One tricky thing was that while it allows me to book for 4, the fine print mentioned an extra person charge of ¥12,000 per person per night ($200 for 2). That is more than a room at a nearby hotel would cost, so our sons will go there.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
deleted
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Datapoint: … first attempt successful, checked UA 5 minutes later, (completely surprised to see) $75 balance expiring in 18 months.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
… Update: Within the past 24 hours, United revised the 3 deposits (totaling $75.00) to a single $25 deposit.
Originally Posted by bob12403
Now that they've "fixed" the overly-generous Travel Bank awards, and clawed back the extras, has your expiration date also been changed to end of June 2022, or is still the September 2023 expiration?
Originally Posted by daq
… just signed up … Travel Bank … expiration date is 7/15/22... It seems pretty ridiculous to only have 3 months to use it.
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Same for me. 😡
Originally Posted by frudd38
(different thread) It looks like the $25 credit is now updated to a 7/15/22 expiration date...
Updated update: Within the past few weeks the expiration date for my single $25 deposit (which was changed from an initial 3 $25 deposits) was changed from 9/30/23 to 7/15/22 (as per the terms and conditions).

The entire rollout was botched, another example of corporate incompetence. I agree wholeheartedly that it’s “pretty ridiculous to only have 3 months to use it.” It’s also not unexpected and (to paraphrase a recent AA flight safety video) because ridiculous is what we’re going for. (At 4:08: “Because great is what we’re going for.”)

Must be an IHG® Rewards Premier or Premier Business cardmember to be eligible for this benefit. Each calendar year, the primary cardmember will receive one $25 United® TravelBank cash deposit in their United MileagePlus® account on or about January 1, and another $25 United® TravelBank cash deposit on or about July 1, subject to the requirements and restrictions below. Cardmembers must complete a one-time registration to receive this benefit. Registration is available at ihg.com/united. …

Please allow up to two (2) weeks after registration for this benefit for the first $25 deposit of United® TravelBank Cash into the cardmember’s MileagePlus® account. TravelBank Cash that is received as part of this benefit and deposited between January 1 and June 30 will expire on July 15 of the same calendar year, regardless of deposit date. Deposits made between July 1 and December 31 will expire on January 15 of the following calendar year, regardless of deposit date. Offer subject to change.
Hopefully, future TB deposits will post on January 1st and July 1st and thus have a 6.5 month expiration date. Hopefully, but certainly not expected.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveH
Since I have a May cardmember anniversary, I can harvest this double-dip as long as total 2022 spend hits $20k before then. That means I may take the difference between what I've spent on IHG stays in 2022 by then, and charge that amount towards taxes or some other discretionary payment to harvest those bonuses along with the new 3x point earning.
I did just charge enough to hit $20k on April 16. Within one day, the promised $100 credit posted to my account, which was a pleasant surprise.

No points credited yet, but I'm fully expecting they will post sometime after my billing cycle closes on May 5.

Last edited by DaveH; May 6, 2022 at 12:49 pm
Old May 2, 2022, 8:33 pm

Can anyone confirm the Traveler card has chip-and-pin capabilities? Wallethub lists it as being chip-and-pin but I can't find any other websites to corroborate it.
Old May 3, 2022, 7:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

If either the Select or Premier card has chip-and-pin, please point me to instructions on how to activate it and set a PIN.
Old May 3, 2022, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by tys90
Can anyone confirm the Traveler card has chip-and-pin capabilities? Wallethub lists it as being chip-and-pin but I can't find any other websites to corroborate it.
Originally Posted by serpens
If either the Select or Premier card has chip-and-pin, please point me to instructions on how to activate it and set a PIN.
I’m not trying to give anybody a hard time. I’m just genuinely curious why chip&PIN matters much with contactless readers so widely deployed in the US & Europe.

Have other global regions not caught up? Or is the problem legacy machines at railway stations & gas stations?
Old May 3, 2022, 8:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I’m not trying to give anybody a hard time. I’m just genuinely curious why chip&PIN matters much with contactless readers so widely deployed in the US & Europe.
I certainly don't take it as a hard time. I asked because sometime in the past I got the impression that it could be important. As far as I know, I have never had chip-and-PIN; certainly I have never used it, and it hasn't cramped my style--yet. Only one time have I had my preferred card declined overseas at an unattended kiosk, and that time a different card worked. (I don't recall if either card even had a chip. Certainly neither was contactless.) Maybe I'm worrying too much about something unimportant or no longer important.

The short answer is that I figure it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Old May 6, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveH
I did just charge enough to hit $20k on April 16. Within one day, the promised $100 credit posted to my account, which was a pleasant surprise.

No points credited yet, but I'm fully expecting they will post sometime after my billing cycle closes on May 5.

Wow. Statement cycled last night. the 2 x 10,000 bonus points were itemized on my statement, and posted to my IHG account by noon today. So all worked perfectly--and much quicker than I suspected it might. Well done Chase!
Old May 29, 2022, 12:08 pm

Maybe I missed it. But I got $ 25.00 credited to my Chase IHG card from IHG. Those were credited on 5/7 but already expire on 7/15. We are still restricted in Japan and it's very questionable when and if we can travel relatively normal again.
So that short window is rather useless. Is that a mistake or has anyone else the same experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.