Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown

Daily Facility Fee of $39 USD + Tax allows our guests to enjoy valuable benefits like:
$25 Beverage Credit per day [Only for consumption of mini-bar beverages - not usable at the bar or restaurants]
$20 Laundry/Dry Cleaning per stay
$15 daily discount to Club InterContinental access fee
Complimentary unlimited Local and National calls International calling for up to 30 minutes
Complimentary access to digital newsstand with publications from around the world
Complimentary package receiving up to 5 packages per day (bulky items excluded)

Address
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown
900 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California ,90017
Tel. +1-213-6887777

For reservations: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...hc/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
7th Street / Metro Center served by all tram and metro lines

Pre-opening thread
Pre-Opening Thread

Lounge access (show to lounge agent - see this post)

Print Wikipost

IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I'm having a tough time deciding if I should stay at this property, or the Beverly Hills Waldorf on my next trip.
Well in LA everything is location. But the IC is a much better hotel overall.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
What kind of spread do they at the club lounge during breakfast, afternoon, and evening?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
The lounge was not open when I stayed there a couple of months ago.
Super Mario likes this.

Last edited by happychic; Aug 29, 2022 at 4:30 pm
Old Aug 26, 2022, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Modern and great service so far

Celebrating anniversary for the first time in this property and things are off to a great start. Great recognition of Ambassador status from club room to a suite with very nice bubbly amenity in the room. Lounge is worth visiting with a nice spread of lite bites, wines and drinks. Friendly service so far to complement the beautiful day in LA.
Peaceful and beautiful lounge

Evening spread

Lite bites of shrimps, scallops, etc.

One bedroom suite upgrade

Wonderful day and view of LA
HadesNL and ralphs like this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Greatness continues

Just want to conclude this trip with update on their breakfast in the lounge which is what I would describe as more than sufficient, and will actually be abundant for many.

Service was great throughout, with my 600 points proactively being offered and a 4 pm check out being insisted as our benefit to enjoy.

La Boucherie is not the best steakhouse in the world, but for convenience, friendly service, and exceptional views, was still a memorable affair worth experiencing.

Several hot options like salmon scramble

Breakfast spread is abundant

Healthy options

More than sufficient

La Boucherie may not be the best meal ever, but still memorable
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
jef7 : thanks for taking the time to provide us which such clear photos!
Never had the chance to visit but you visually bring it close enough to savour.
jef7 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by happychic
Theounge was not open when I stayed there a couple of months ago.
When I stayed in January, I was upgraded to a room that would have included lounge access, but also experienced this. Bummer, looks like a very solid option!
happychic likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, United Silver, National Exec
Stayed 11/22 to 11/24 on cat 1-4 free night certs. Platinum ambassador upgraded to a junior suite. Still haven't received a folio from the hotel, but based on the IHG website earning summaries, the hotel missed applying the $20 ambassador credit.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by road2elysium
Stayed 11/22 to 11/24 on cat 1-4 free night certs. Platinum ambassador upgraded to a junior suite. Still haven't received a folio from the hotel, but based on the IHG website earning summaries, the hotel missed applying the $20 ambassador credit.
That is a nice double upgrade.

Got a 2 night stay coming up booked on the club floor King Classic Room.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:18 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Just got home from a lovely weekend in LA.

Booked a Club Room here on a Free Weekend Cert and was upgraded to a Club Level Suite as an IHG Diamond AMB This is the first time we have been back to this hotel since pre-CV19.

Still weird that they use plastic cups instead of glass in the bathrooms. Also, the toiletry sizes are laughable if you have two people staying in a room--make sure you request double body wash, etc.

Club Lounge is a great calm place to stay a few hours, too.

I had the opportunity to dine at the newest restaurant (NIKU X) on the 2nd floor of the building and wanted to post some pics.

I think it is scheduled to open Dec 20th.

https://nikux.com/

Tasting Menu is $220/person without alcohol and worth every penny.

Everything was simply phenomenal and definitely on par with any place I've ever eaten in Japan and I highly recommend this place if looking for a nice place to eat whilst staying at the DTLA IC.

One of my friends is an investor with the restaurant group so we DID get 20% off our bill but I would have happily paid full price for this delicious experience.
PTahCha, nicolas75, ralphs and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
Diamond breakfast

At the hotel now. The Diamond breakfast amenity is a full buffet at Dekkadance restaurant, tip included. It's a massive buffet, you will not be disappointed. The property overall is beautiful, with a great staff.

EDIT: At checkout, they had added a mandatory tip. So while the breakfast is free, you are nickel-and-dimed on the gratuity. Free isn't really totally free.
EmeraldLady and 355F1 like this.

Last edited by AlexB; Dec 23, 2022 at 6:09 pm Reason: New info
Old Dec 23, 2022, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by AlexB
At the hotel now. The Diamond breakfast amenity is a full buffet at Dekkadance restaurant, tip included. It's a massive buffet, you will not be disappointed. The property overall is beautiful, with a great staff.

EDIT: At checkout, they had added a mandatory tip. So while the breakfast is free, you are nickel-and-dimed on the gratuity. Free isn't really totally free.

I always leave a cash tip when I get free breakfast. You're saying don't leave the cash tip then cause they bill you for the tip. How much was it?
Old Dec 24, 2022, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by moolman
I always leave a cash tip when I get free breakfast. You're saying don't leave the cash tip then cause they bill you for the tip. How much was it?
The charge was $6.66 per person. A cash tip would not have helped, because the slip you sign said 18% gratuity included.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: Skyteam
If I am reading this right, you are saying when you select benefit for welcome breakfast during check in - it includes a full buffet with tip included at Dekkadance. But at checkout you were charged $6.66 per person as a mandatory tip on your folio?

As you are Diamond Elite and Ambassador, was your hotel facility fee waived?
Old Dec 24, 2022, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by VBoogie
If I am reading this right, you are saying when you select benefit for welcome breakfast during check in - it includes a full buffet with tip included at Dekkadance. But at checkout you were charged $6.66 per person as a mandatory tip on your folio?

As you are Diamond Elite and Ambassador, was your hotel facility fee waived?
Yes and yes. I'm not Ambassador, just Diamond.
VBoogie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.