Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown

Daily Facility Fee of $39 USD + Tax allows our guests to enjoy valuable benefits like:
$25 Beverage Credit per day [Only for consumption of mini-bar beverages - not usable at the bar or restaurants]
$20 Laundry/Dry Cleaning per stay
$15 daily discount to Club InterContinental access fee
Complimentary unlimited Local and National calls International calling for up to 30 minutes
Complimentary access to digital newsstand with publications from around the world
Complimentary package receiving up to 5 packages per day (bulky items excluded)

Address
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown
900 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California ,90017
Tel. +1-213-6887777

For reservations: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...hc/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
7th Street / Metro Center served by all tram and metro lines

Pre-opening thread
Pre-Opening Thread

Lounge access (show to lounge agent - see this post)

Print Wikipost

IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Did they waive it automatically or did you have to ask for it?

Originally Posted by AlexB
Yes and yes. I'm not Ambassador, just Diamond.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
Originally Posted by VBoogie
Did they waive it automatically or did you have to ask for it?
They waived the hotel facility fee automatically. Was never mentioned.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 5:08 am

The charge was $6.66 per person. A cash tip would not have helped, because the slip you sign said 18% gratuity included.
That's fair then, as long as I know I'm leaving a tip, I know not to leave cash or leave more. I thought you weren't aware of the tip until checkout, which would have been unfair.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 5:11 am

They waive the amenity fee, is that a benefit?
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:24 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
I had a 2 night stay recently. 5 days prior to check-in, there was a welcome email sent, and confirmed that I have been upgraded to the junior suite.

VALET

Since I drove in after midnight, you actually drive down to level P1 instead of getting a valet at the hotel entrance. Valet parking is $56.10/day, and it's pretty efficient once you call for your car - or was it because you have to take 3 elevators to get to P1?

HINT #1: The valet entrance is on 7th St, not on Wilshire, so program your GPS/map program accordingly.

HINT #2: When coming up from P1 to first floor, resist the urge to ride the escalator or use the first bank of elevators. You'll need to walk out of the door, through a courtyard, and then enter the hotel's main entrance. I made the mistake of heading upstairs in the meeting room section, and due to a combination of escalators under repair and elevator locked on the 5th floor, I was trapped on the 5th floor, unable to go downstairs. I finally found a combination of service elevators in the service corridor to get myself back down to the first floor, with luggage in tow.

CHECK-IN

The lobby is located on the 70th floor. The check-in was efficient, and the desk agent confirmed the upgrade, which turned out to be a corner junior suite. Bear in mind that they place a $150/day credit/debit card block in addition to your room rate and taxes, which another guest next to me was complaining about since she was using a debit card. The agent included a small map on how the elevator system worked, but did not explain verbally.

ROOM

The room has a comfortable layout, although the electronically control lighting can be confusing. From the 59th floor, I had a view of downtown buildings.

(which, in this picture, you can also see a reflection of the room)

2 bottles of water were provided in the room, and they were replenished. The hotel also set up a table of bottled waters in the lobby in the afternoon. There is a Nespresso machine as well, with a few tea bags.

Small tubes of Bodyography by World Amenities (designed in the USA, natch) bath amenities were provided, although the housekeeping staff left 2 shampoo and no body wash. This was rectified the next day.

HINT #3: There is an European style card slot next to the entrance light control. It does not control the lights or power, at least in the room I'm in.

FOOD & BEVERAGE

Diamond breakfast is provided at Dekkadance restaurant on the 69th floor. While there are few a la carte items available, the breakfast buffet has plenty of items to choose from, including an egg/omelet station, breakfast essentials like sausages, bacon, and potatoes, smoked salmon station (that weirdly does not have a sneeze guard and you reach into a plastic partition to retrieve items), pastry and bread station, fresh fruit, and rice/miso soup. The server brings over a carafe of coffee at your table, and the orange juice tastes like fresh-squeezed. The buffet is $38, which is reasonable given the spread, but even better when it's comped for Diamond members.

HINT #4: If there's a line at the omelet station, get your order in first, get other items, and go back to claim your egg dish.

As ​​​AlexB had reported:

The charge was $6.66 per person. A cash tip would not have helped, because the slip you sign said 18% gratuity included.
The entire hotel has automatic gratuities added to the check, and there is a tip line should you want to add additional tip. Additionally, I had the same issue where the breakfast charge was removed, but not the automatic gratuity. I challenged the charge, and upon consultation with a supervisor, it was removed.

I used the $20 Ambassador F&B credit at the lobby bar, which charges $18 for specialty cocktail, plus taxes and automatic gratuity.

OVERALL

This was a great stay for the caliber of hotel in downtown LA. The number of elevator rides to go anywhere is a bit annoying, but the room is functional, and the food is great.

Originally Posted by moolman
They waive the amenity fee, is that a benefit?
FWIW, my corporate rate specifically waived the amenity fee.
moolman, beachfan and 355F1 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 5:39 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any recent DPs on upgrades for Diamond Ambassadors booking base rooms?
Old Jan 2, 2023, 5:48 pm

I booked the classic, which is the cheapest room as Diamond only and got a Jr. Suite. I will be staying there again in 2 weeks and will be Diamond Ambassador and expect a Jr. Suite at best, hopefully, but of course depends on capacity.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Stayed as a Diamond Ambassador on the 25th and 27th of December. First stay was upgraded to a Jr. Suite (as indicated in the app) and then further upgraded to a King Suite on the day of arrival on the 59th floor. 2nd Stay was upgraded to and remained a Jr. Suite on the 31st floor. Both stays were on points. I had the club lounge annual choice benefit which was added on upon showing to the club lounge greeter. There were a lot of Utah players and staff due to the upcoming Rose Bowl, however beyond waiting for elevators, both stays were nice.

I will say 59 was easier to access the club via one elevator however the 31st floor is easier for going to and from outside as the main express elevators that serve the lobby and ground floors also serve the 31st floor so no need to transfer when coming to and from the ground level. If an elevator comes right away and there is no line they are also faster in getting up to and down from the lobby due to the speed and lack of intermediate stops. While it is the lowest available hotel floor (I believe), the time savings with the elevators and not having to transfer were worth it (I stay here a few times a year so already have taken in much of the view). Also, only charge on the folio was parking for both stays. No destination/resort fee. Hope this data point helps!​​​​​​​
Old Jan 2, 2023, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by roadman3313
Stayed as a Diamond Ambassador on the 25th and 27th of December. First stay was upgraded to a Jr. Suite (as indicated in the app) and then further upgraded to a King Suite on the day of arrival on the 59th floor. 2nd Stay was upgraded to and remained a Jr. Suite on the 31st floor. Both stays were on points. I had the club lounge annual choice benefit which was added on upon showing to the club lounge greeter. There were a lot of Utah players and staff due to the upcoming Rose Bowl, however beyond waiting for elevators, both stays were nice.

I will say 59 was easier to access the club via one elevator however the 31st floor is easier for going to and from outside as the main express elevators that serve the lobby and ground floors also serve the 31st floor so no need to transfer when coming to and from the ground level. If an elevator comes right away and there is no line they are also faster in getting up to and down from the lobby due to the speed and lack of intermediate stops. While it is the lowest available hotel floor (I believe), the time savings with the elevators and not having to transfer were worth it (I stay here a few times a year so already have taken in much of the view). Also, only charge on the folio was parking for both stays. No destination/resort fee. Hope this data point helps!
That's a nice upgrade to the King Suite, I hope I'm lucky as you. I'm staying on points for the first 4 nights and then using my Ambassador weekend cert for the final 2 nights.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:58 pm

Bad news for me, they put me in a Premium King this time and this time around I'm a Diamond Ambassador, so I got a better upgrade to the Jr Suite, as just a Diamond. I know it's capacity dependent but still a let down...haha
Old Jan 10, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Anyone have DPs on getting the amenity fee ($48 or whatever) waived without using a corp code? I'm trying to use my Ambassador free weekend night here and the rate doesn't let you use a corp.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Anyone have DPs on getting the amenity fee ($48 or whatever) waived without using a corp code? I'm trying to use my Ambassador free weekend night here and the rate doesn't let you use a corp.
The amb free weekend night only can be booked by doing the search and it's the Best Flex rate with no member discount. You can't get it the amenity fee waived unless you are RA.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by moolman
The amb free weekend night only can be booked by doing the search and it's the Best Flex rate with no member discount. You can't get it the amenity fee waived unless you are RA.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Can you confirm if this is main/only link for the free weekend search? https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rtificate/book

Also, there were dp's in here of Diamond Ambs getting waived...
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:56 pm

Refer to this post by @AlexB . He is a Diamond Amb and said amenity fee of $40.67 was waived automatically. Not sure if it's due to a corp code though
Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:17 pm

Yes and yes. I'm not Ambassador, just Diamond.
Did you use a corp code?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.