FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:59 pm
moolman

Some notes about my stay that are different from what others have posted.

I didn't get charged the amenity fee, this was a paid stay, not award. I am Diamond Ambassador, not RA. They didn't add it, I didn't question why, I just took my receipt, yelled "no takebacks" and ran for the elevator.

The breakfast in the lounge is okay, the Diamond breakfast is on the 69th floor, Dekkadance, it's buffet style. It's a bigger spread at Dekkadance but it was a bunch of things that I don't eat anyway. There is an egg station at Dekkadance. They give you the check and add 18% gratuity but the whole thing was waived on check out, even the gratuity, so whoever said they charge you gratuity, it wasn't what I experienced. I ended up just paying for the room, plus tax, no amenity fee. All breakfast charges waived.

For the lounge access, you go to the lounge and show the pass at the lounge, not front desk at check in. They will add it to your room.

Parking is crazy there, valet only and $50+. You can use the spothero app and park across the street at the 7th and fig lot, which is the one where Target is at. It was about $16 a day, look for coupons online for a little off. No in and out with the app, so you have to be smart about it and you can extend time on the app. If you don't use the app, the garage says no overnight parking, so I have no idea how they check but it is what it is. Of course, if it's Sunday or a holiday, you can park at the meters for free, all around the hotel. If you're just going to park for a few hours, walk into the Target for validation. If you don't want to hassle with all this ........, just pay the $50+ and live stress free.

Elevators are annoying. From your room, you have to go back to the lobby on the 70th floor and then go down to the 1st floor using a different set of elevators. It keeps the homeless out cause it confuses everyone...lol So 2 sets of elevators to go into and out of the hotel from your room.

Free bottles of water, they just leave out a bunch of water in the lobby and housekeeping gives you water, so even if you don't have lounge access for drinks, plenty of water, don't bring your own.

My upgrade was from a Classic to a Jr Suite. That's a double upgrade. In the past I booked as a Diamond not Ambassador and it showed the same upgrade. I did another booking which I ended up canceling and it showed only a single upgrade from Classic to Premium. It seems like, if they are not busy, you at least get the Jr. Suite for being Diamond.

Just don't walk around too much after dark, I got my Ambassador gift as mentioned above in the form of a pantless guy showing you his dong. I'm from LA and I'm used to this so if you're not from this kind of area, you will be surprised.

Your go to meal in the area for something quick, can be the Chick-fil-A across the street. I would at least go try out the Pantry, food is okay but it has history. If you want sushi, just walk to Sugarfish when there is light out and not Sora, the sushi in the hotel.

Get an extra key card for the light slot, it does control the lights and power.

Last edited by moolman; Jan 17, 2023 at 9:06 pm