Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown

Daily Facility Fee of $39 USD + Tax allows our guests to enjoy valuable benefits like:
$25 Beverage Credit per day [Only for consumption of mini-bar beverages - not usable at the bar or restaurants]
$20 Laundry/Dry Cleaning per stay
$15 daily discount to Club InterContinental access fee
Complimentary unlimited Local and National calls International calling for up to 30 minutes
Complimentary access to digital newsstand with publications from around the world
Complimentary package receiving up to 5 packages per day (bulky items excluded)

Address
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown
900 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California ,90017
Tel. +1-213-6887777

For reservations: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...hc/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
7th Street / Metro Center served by all tram and metro lines

Pre-opening thread
Pre-Opening Thread

Lounge access (show to lounge agent - see this post)

Print Wikipost

IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:37 pm

Currently staying here and have been upgraded to a nice Suite room (not really a "Suite" but more of a corner room) but do they give any amenities other than the free water for Ambassadors? No mention of it. Never mind. Took longer than I was used to but they delivered. Also a nice little birthday cake for my partner. (despite them accidentally thinking it was my birthday instead)

Fitness center is the most impressive I've seen so far for IC stays. Best views are actually from the lobby.

Last edited by gyuudon; Jun 10, 2018 at 10:31 pm
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
I'll have 3 people staying here in July. With the club level room, only 2 people get access. What is the cost for the third person the access the lounge?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by seat38a
I'll have 3 people staying here in July. With the club level room, only 2 people get access. What is the cost for the third person the access the lounge?
In my experience there will be no problem at all bringing an extra person into the lounge. YMMV.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
In my experience there will be no problem at all bringing an extra person into the lounge. YMMV.
Are the lounges similar to Marriott or Sheraton's where its just key access and no one checking you in?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by seat38a
Are the lounges similar to Marriott or Sheraton's where its just key access and no one checking you in?
I think it is posted above that there is no key card access. Just a lounge host welcoming you in and asking your room number on your first day and after that they know you. At least that's the way it was on my last stay. But even though there was a human check they did not care that I brought in two people with me. I'm RA if that matters.
seat38a likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:08 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I was told by the front desk that they typically don't upgrade AMB members until about 48 hours til arrival.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: SAS EBS, IHG Spire Elite, Hertz Five Star and Sixt Gold
First post

About to make a reservation for one night later this year. I have IHG Spire Elite. Will that make any difference, ie. upgrades , early/late check-in/out ?
We are three people that will share one room. Of course I want the best view possible, preferably towards the core of downtown like US Bank tower. Will this room give one of the better views, if i don't get a suite, 2 QUEEN SUPERIOR CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL ?

Does the valet allow in-out privileges for that 24-hour-fee?

What's more worth, getting Club access in the rate or buying Ambassador status (200$ or 40000 Points) ? I will most likely have 1-2 trips within 12 months and I'm guessing that paying for Ambassador is worth it

Appreciate a response. Thank you !

Last edited by xZ4sdDMlSu4aiq63; Jun 20, 2018 at 4:45 am
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:36 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by xZ4sdDMlSu4aiq63
First post

About to make a reservation for one night later this year. I have IHG Spire Elite. Will that make any difference, ie. upgrades , early/late check-in/out ?
We are three people that will share one room. Of course I want the best view possible, preferably towards the core of downtown like US Bank tower. Will this room give one of the better views, if i don't get a suite, 2 QUEEN SUPERIOR CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL ?

Does the valet allow in-out privileges for that 24-hour-fee?

What's more worth, getting Club access in the rate or buying Ambassador status (200$ or 40000 Points) ? I will most likely have 1-2 trips within 12 months and I'm guessing that paying for Ambassador is worth it

Appreciate a response. Thank you !
I'm staying here for the first time in 2 weeks in a CLub room. I will post info then.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
I'm staying here for the first time in 2 weeks in a CLub room. I will post info then.
Thank you ! Are you Ambassador ? Saw in you programs list that you are
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Valet charges a day rate for each night of stay. The rate includes unlimited in and out.
xZ4sdDMlSu4aiq63 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:29 pm

Another quick question, couldn't seem to find an answer, if I get a Club room, will that club access include breakfast for us?

Thanks !
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:46 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Another quick question, couldn't seem to find an answer, if I get a Club room, will that club access include breakfast for us?

Thanks !
YEs.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
just finished a 2 day points stay - agreed prior to pay $250 for upgrade to a one bedroom club suite. overall an excellent stay - public areas are packed which means there's a good energy in the lobby but it was nice to escape to the lounge which was quiet! check in was not forthcoming on ambassador benefits but had a letter waiting confirming most things and noting charges for additional people in the lounge ($80 for extra guest per day, children 4 or under are free). lounge has a good selection of drinks including Chandon 'champagne', some local IPA from the nearby arts district and the usual spirits. food selection was pretty solid as a canapés selection - we had a delicious ceviche on day 1.

suite was excellent and the controls and little touches (under bed lights that are motion activated) worked really well - suite was on one corner of the building, really quiet, good views of the city, though AC struggled to keep up with the heat outside. pool seemed to be largely quiet for much of the day. overall an excellent stay and a great new IC and would be our go to for LA in the future.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by rrrrrich
just finished a 2 day points stay - agreed prior to pay $250 for upgrade to a one bedroom club suite. overall an excellent stay - public areas are packed which means there's a good energy in the lobby but it was nice to escape to the lounge which was quiet! check in was not forthcoming on ambassador benefits but had a letter waiting confirming most things and noting charges for additional people in the lounge ($80 for extra guest per day, children 4 or under are free). lounge has a good selection of drinks including Chandon 'champagne', some local IPA from the nearby arts district and the usual spirits. food selection was pretty solid as a canapés selection - we had a delicious ceviche on day 1.

suite was excellent and the controls and little touches (under bed lights that are motion activated) worked really well - suite was on one corner of the building, really quiet, good views of the city, though AC struggled to keep up with the heat outside. pool seemed to be largely quiet for much of the day. overall an excellent stay and a great new IC and would be our go to for LA in the future.
Thank you for that summary ! I just booked a 2 Queen Superior Club access room. I will probably not get Ambassador status for that stay, I'm just going to ask nicely what Spire Elite can give me when I check in.
Would you say 80$ is worth paying to get access to the lounge for that one night? We're three people and when I reserved it said "Club access for two people". Do we still need to pay the 30$ extra person charge if we buy Club access ?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Thank you for that summary ! I just booked a 2 Queen Superior Club access room. I will probably not get Ambassador status for that stay, I'm just going to ask nicely what Spire Elite can give me when I check in.
Would you say 80$ is worth paying to get access to the lounge for that one night? We're three people and when I reserved it said "Club access for two people". Do we still need to pay the 30$ extra person charge if we buy Club access ?
Personally i think the lounge is pretty steep at $80. for a one night stay you likely wont get the afternoon desserts (it's a limited spread). Breakfast is good but not great or anything particularly special. The evening drinks are nice but then you can probably get more of an experience on the 73rd floor bar with that type of money and there's plenty of brunch spots around in the morning. We had lounge access kind of 'thrown in' when we booked the upgrade and if we hadn't, I personally wouldn't have paid for it.

And yes, you have to pay extra for that 3rd person...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.