Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown

Daily Facility Fee of $39 USD + Tax allows our guests to enjoy valuable benefits like:
$25 Beverage Credit per day [Only for consumption of mini-bar beverages - not usable at the bar or restaurants]
$20 Laundry/Dry Cleaning per stay
$15 daily discount to Club InterContinental access fee
Complimentary unlimited Local and National calls International calling for up to 30 minutes
Complimentary access to digital newsstand with publications from around the world
Complimentary package receiving up to 5 packages per day (bulky items excluded)

Address
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown
900 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California ,90017
Tel. +1-213-6887777

For reservations: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...hc/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
7th Street / Metro Center served by all tram and metro lines

Pre-opening thread
Pre-Opening Thread

Lounge access (show to lounge agent - see this post)

Print Wikipost

IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2024, 9:26 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Stayed last September. I was charged for Valet, service fee at breakfast, and amenity fee at checkout. So over 100 bucks
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:58 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Wow!

I have a feeling this IC doesn't want to be an IC anymore ....
Could be a test phase how much and how far they can get away with it...,

I'm not aware with the indepths of this hotel, but might the contract expire soon ?
As such they might rebrand to something Edition, Park Hyatt, LXR, FS.. as to fetch more .....
Pretty easy for them, erase the lounge as it is not needed for above brand standards.....
Invite some bloggers,
Become virtuoso affilated, generate some buzz,
Room prices hike everything up to > $1000 and it becomes hip and profitable again
Old Mar 4, 2024, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Wow!

I have a feeling this IC doesn't want to be an IC anymore ....
Could be a test phase how much and how far they can get away with it...,

I'm not aware with the indepths of this hotel, but might the contract expire soon ?
As such they might rebrand to something Edition, Park Hyatt, LXR, FS.. as to fetch more .....
Pretty easy for them, erase the lounge as it is not needed for above brand standards.....
Invite some bloggers,
Become virtuoso affilated, generate some buzz,
Room prices hike everything up to > $1000 and it becomes hip and profitable again
I dont think its about the hotel not wanting to be an IC. The Labor Market here is VERY challenging. Union risk and State/City support of this for a property ownership that is shared with an office tower. This property also is around an area in LA that makes it prime (near Crypto Arena and LA Live).

The properties, both IHG and non IHG, near this hotel ALL act similarly, including the Indigo 1000 ft away from here.

If you play their game and know what to expect, this hotel actually goes above the bar for RAs and AMBs.

Same with the IC Wharf in DC - that amenity fee came after the hotel unionized from a demonstration of their former restaurant employees at Moon Rabbit. The workers have to get paid and of course this will be passed on to the guest(s)
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:34 pm

[. . .]
HadesNL and happychic like this.

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 2:49 pm
Old Mar 13, 2024, 5:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
It looks like the hotel changed the amenities with the destination charge - probably could not keep up with the non descript cookies in stock:

Daily Facility Fee of $39 USD + Tax allows our guests to enjoy valuable benefits like:
$25 Beverage Credit per day
Complimentary unlimited Local and National calls International calling for up to 30 minutes
Complimentary access to digital newsstand with publications from around the world
Old Mar 13, 2024, 6:44 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PTahCha
It looks like the hotel changed the amenities with the destination charge - probably could not keep up with the non descript cookies in stock:

$25 Beverage Credit per day
I called about this recently and the Beverage Credit is ONLY for the in-room minibar, can't be used at hotel lobby or restaurants.

Anyone know how much the Club Access fee is?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:57 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
I called about this recently and the Beverage Credit is ONLY for the in-room minibar, can't be used at hotel lobby or restaurants.

Anyone know how much the Club Access fee is?
Thanks for clarifying, an important detail that they fail to mention . I was already thinking why only beverage and not also food, but okay, it would have been basically one drink (without tip probably ), but now it is going to be two diet coke or something like that from the mini bar only .
Old Mar 15, 2024, 1:56 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
International calling for up to 30 minutes
A campaign to get each guest to make a 30 minute call to North Korea each day at $200 a pop perhaps would get them to finally stop charging these sham fees with no relevant benefits.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:38 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Does anyone know what the point of online check-in at this property (or perhaps IHG as a whole) is?

I have a friend staying with me but they're arriving early at noon whereas I'm arriving late at night around 10 PM.
I called to add them to the reservation, and I also initiated the online check-in using my credit card and everything.

Turns out my friend still has to go to the front desk, sign papers, and provide their credit card?
Hotel says a physical credit card is required.
Then what is the point of online check-in that takes my credit card?...
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Dec 23 Stay

Hi Golks

stayed for 4 nights last Dec. One using weekend cert. Upgraded to nice corner king room and since they messed things up with a rollaway request they gave us that rollaway for free

also I have the free lounge access on my account so it was good to have access to the club lounge which is pretty decent

overall an enjoyable stay but parking is a bit pricey but then again it’s LA

Regards
John
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:48 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Does anyone know what the point of online check-in at this property (or perhaps IHG as a whole) is?

I have a friend staying with me but they're arriving early at noon whereas I'm arriving late at night around 10 PM.
I called to add them to the reservation, and I also initiated the online check-in using my credit card and everything.

Turns out my friend still has to go to the front desk, sign papers, and provide their credit card?
Hotel says a physical credit card is required.
Then what is the point of online check-in that takes my credit card?...
Online check in is for your benefit, not for the second guest. Pretty typical for whomever first to arrive to provide a credit card, and you can switch out later.
ProjectSunburst likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:55 am

Online check in is for your benefit, not for the second guest. Pretty typical for whomever first to arrive to provide a credit card, and you can switch out later.
Let me rephrase that question.

Even if I did NOT have a second guest, after doing the online check-in I still would have had to go to the front desk to sign papers, give a physical credit card, and pick up keys. This has nothing to do with the second guest. So what's the point?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:33 am

Let me rephrase that question.

Even if I did NOT have a second guest, after doing the online check-in I still would have had to go to the front desk to sign papers, give a physical credit card, and pick up keys. This has nothing to do with the second guest. So what's the point?
They dont swipe the card twice. They ensure that the virtual card used during online check-in is actually in your possession, unless you sign a credit card authorization form before hand. Your keys are already made in most cases during online check in. This is pretty standard - and as fraud increases, other brands are doing this as well.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by ProjectSunburst
They dont swipe the card twice. They ensure that the virtual card used during online check-in is actually in your possession, unless you sign a credit card authorization form before hand. Your keys are already made in most cases during online check in. This is pretty standard - and as fraud increases, other brands are doing this as well.
So for the guest, it effectively does nothing right? Since you still have to go to the desk, hand your card over, hand your ID over, sign forms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.