Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown

Daily Facility Fee of $39 USD + Tax allows our guests to enjoy valuable benefits like:
$25 Beverage Credit per day [Only for consumption of mini-bar beverages - not usable at the bar or restaurants]
$20 Laundry/Dry Cleaning per stay
$15 daily discount to Club InterContinental access fee
Complimentary unlimited Local and National calls International calling for up to 30 minutes
Complimentary access to digital newsstand with publications from around the world
Complimentary package receiving up to 5 packages per day (bulky items excluded)

Address
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown
900 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California ,90017
Tel. +1-213-6887777

For reservations: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...hc/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
7th Street / Metro Center served by all tram and metro lines

Pre-opening thread
Pre-Opening Thread

Lounge access (show to lounge agent - see this post)

Print Wikipost

IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Refer to this post by @AlexB . He is a Diamond Amb and said amenity fee of $40.67 was waived automatically. Not sure if it's due to a corp code though
It could be corporate that waives it or they used points to book. I'll confirm this weekend. I have a stay this weekend at IC LA.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:25 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by moolman
It could be corporate that waives it or they used points to book. I'll confirm this weekend. I have a stay this weekend at IC LA.
I do too which is why I figure I should ask lol. I think I saw above that you're using your Amb bogo right? I'm using it 14-16
Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:58 pm

I do too which is why I figure I should ask lol. I think I saw above that you're using your Amb bogo right? I'm using it 14-16
haha... I'm debating between 13-15 or 14-16, I haven't finalized because I need to confirm with my wife where she wants to go with the weekend, so I cancelled it for now.

I think B1G1, you get the room rate and taxes taken off but still pay the amenity fee.

I'm debating which room to book, did you see if you got an upgrade yet. Last time, I went from a classic to Jr Suite but then on a more recent booking it was classic to a premium. I was hoping to get good value and get the jr suite but maybe they are busy. I'm a Diamond Ambassador. Or maybe I'll book the King suite since it is a B1G1 and get upgraded to the 1 bedroom, but it's a lot of money since we have to pay the BFR and I can't use my corporate rate.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 5:47 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
haha... I'm debating between 13-15 or 14-16, I haven't finalized because I need to confirm with my wife where she wants to go with the weekend, so I cancelled it for now.

I think B1G1, you get the room rate and taxes taken off but still pay the amenity fee.

I'm debating which room to book, did you see if you got an upgrade yet. Last time, I went from a classic to Jr Suite but then on a more recent booking it was classic to a premium. I was hoping to get good value and get the jr suite but maybe they are busy. I'm a Diamond Ambassador. Or maybe I'll book the King suite since it is a B1G1 and get upgraded to the 1 bedroom, but it's a lot of money since we have to pay the BFR and I can't use my corporate rate.
Gonna send ya a pm since I just made the res and not sure how to check.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:27 pm

Anyone know the difference between Jr. Suite and Suite? I've stayed twice, first in a Suite (IIRC) and then a Jr. Suite (for sure). The suite felt MUCH larger than the Jr. Suite, easily 800 sqft. This link is pretty bad though https://dtla.intercontinental.com/hotel-rooms/

Also, are there any better parking alternatives than the $51 valet?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:20 am

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
Did you use a corp code?
No. It was just an award stay. And I'm only a Diamond, not Diamond Amb, so it appears there's no fee for Diamonds.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by AlexB
No. It was just an award stay. And I'm only a Diamond, not Diamond Amb, so it appears there's no fee for Diamonds.
I think that might be the key, award stays don't get charged the fee. Not the status. I wasn't charged the fee at IC San Diego on an award stay last week.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 9:08 am

https://awardwallet.com/blog/resort-...n-award-stays/

"IHG Rewards
On award bookings or cash bookings, regardless of your status, the fee will not be waived with IHG Rewards."
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:27 pm

https://awardwallet.com/blog/resort-...n-award-stays/

"IHG Rewards
On award bookings or cash bookings, regardless of your status, the fee will not be waived with IHG Rewards."
​​​​​​When I checked into IC SD, I asked if the amenity fee needed to be paid along with parking. The FDA looked up my award stay and says igh was covering it, no idea if it's really due to diamond or award stay
Old Jan 13, 2023, 11:47 pm

I have a stay at IC DTLA 14-16 but I got a notification on mobile to check in the morning of the 13th? Has this happened to anyone else before? Not in town so couldn't try to see if it would work.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 12:37 am

I have a stay at IC DTLA 14-16 but I got a notification on mobile to check in the morning of the 13th? Has this happened to anyone else before? Not in town so couldn't try to see if it would work.
This is normal for all IHG stays if you have the app, I get this when I stay at a HIX.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 12:49 am

This is normal for all IHG stays if you have the app, I get this when I stay at a HIX.
1. What happens if you try to check in before your actual stay?
2. Also, are you staying this weekend? If so what's your upgrade?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 2:39 am

1. What happens if you try to check in before your actual stay?
2. Also, are you staying this weekend? If so what's your upgrade?
It's just checking you in, supposed to speed up the process when you get there. You're not getting a room an extra day early.

I booked a king suite, so I should get the 1 bedroom, which is a one class upgrade. What did you get and get upgraded to, it might show on the app already. If you booked classic, the best upgrade you get is a Jr suite, if you're unlucky you get a premium room.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 9:26 pm

I had to delay my trip, ended up not using the free weekend. I instead booked 2 nights, Classic room and got a double upgrade to a Jr. Suite as a Diamond Ambassador.

Word to the wise, don't walk around the hotel after dark. It got worse in the area, there was a pantless guy showing his wang around the building. Welcome to LA...lol
Old Jan 16, 2023, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
there was a pantless guy showing his wang around the building.
Ambassador gift? 😂
moolman and lowkeyflyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.