Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown

Daily Facility Fee of $39 USD + Tax allows our guests to enjoy valuable benefits like:
$25 Beverage Credit per day [Only for consumption of mini-bar beverages - not usable at the bar or restaurants]
$20 Laundry/Dry Cleaning per stay
$15 daily discount to Club InterContinental access fee
Complimentary unlimited Local and National calls International calling for up to 30 minutes
Complimentary access to digital newsstand with publications from around the world
Complimentary package receiving up to 5 packages per day (bulky items excluded)

Address
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown
900 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California ,90017
Tel. +1-213-6887777

For reservations: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...hc/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
7th Street / Metro Center served by all tram and metro lines

Pre-opening thread
Pre-Opening Thread

Lounge access (show to lounge agent - see this post)

Print Wikipost

IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2023, 6:34 am

Another update.

The final charges and bill when I left the hotel didn't include the gratuity at Dekkadance for the free Diamond breakfast. I checked my charges and it's different than the receipt I took home.

I contacted the hotel, they tell me to email, no response for 2 weeks. Emailed the ambassador email, hotel gets back to me. They send me a bill that this one includes the Dekkadance gratuity, hence the higher charge. I had to complain and say, that should change me what my final bill says, so they agree and say they will refund me.

First time staying at a hotel where the final bill isn't the final bill, .... I can understand things like maybe if I took minibar items that they discovered later.

There's just so much discrepancy in charges, I previously stayed on a paid stay and they didn't charge me for the gratuity at Dekkadance and I had the free Diamond breakfast then too. This time is an award stay, so is that the difference?

I'm going to just avoid this place going forward, it's a nice hotel but the pantless guy walking around the front in the late evenings, just makes the neighborhood not worth the effort to stay here. Not that it will be a better area but there's a Park Hyatt opening up nearby.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
Another DP: This week was booked in a Classic award stay, got upgraded to Jr. Suite.

Be sure to check your bill at checkout: This time not only was I charged the amenity fee and the breakfast gratuity, they: 1) Charged $10.81 instead of the actual $6.66 gratuity, and 2) Charged for one full breakfast buffet on one day, i.e. it was not free. Both errors were immediately corrected when I pointed them out.

This is a lovely property, but be aware of such shenanigans, seemingly different with each stay.
Viennafly and lowkeyflyer like this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 11:45 am

The facility fee is now $40 (with tax) and doesn't include credit for anything
Old Aug 2, 2023, 8:54 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jkenn
The facility fee is now $40 (with tax) and doesn't include credit for anything
This nonsense (across US hospitality industry foremost) really needs to stop. Plain money grab most often without providing any additional useful benefits or services, especially if one has a higher loyalty status with the chain in question (and hence certain benefits) already.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 11:49 am

When I stayed at the Intercontinental in San Diego last year at least the resort fee included a credit in the restaurant. The $40 fee at IC DTLA is just an additional charge that is hidden. There was no disclosure about it or what the fee is for. Usually you get a piece of paper explaining what the fee "provides." Not here
Old Aug 3, 2023, 7:15 pm

...........There was no disclosure about it or what the fee is for. Usually you get a piece of paper explaining what the fee "provides." Not here

To pay for the workers that have recently unionized
Old Aug 3, 2023, 8:29 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ProjectSunburst
To pay for the workers that have recently unionized
​​​​​
One figured and good for them. Nothing to be said about that part, but then the hotel should raise their rates if they need to reflect higher costs of whatever nature. This is just a tactic to show lower headline rates when people are looking to book and then whack them later. A lousy practice, but certainly not unique to IC DTLA and we all know this has been going on for quite a while in the States mostly across chains, sadly.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 4:52 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
When I stayed at the Intercontinental in San Diego last year at least the resort fee included a credit in the restaurant. The $40 fee at IC DTLA is just an additional charge that is hidden. There was no disclosure about it or what the fee is for. Usually you get a piece of paper explaining what the fee "provides." Not here
There is an extra $10 charge for the blank piece of paper which explains the non existent benefits you will receive....LOL How far the IC hotels in the US have fallen.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 12:54 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any recent DP of corporate rates waiving the fee?
Old Nov 15, 2023, 12:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any idea of how warm the pool is? The best thru could tell me was 75 deterred to 85. I prefer 82 -85
Old Nov 15, 2023, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Any idea of how warm the pool is? The best thru could tell me was 75 deterred to 85. I prefer 82 -85
Pool is cold at 72
Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Last time I stayed on a Luxury and Lifestyle rate, the fee was waived. Was a few years ago though
Old Dec 29, 2023, 6:40 pm

Programs: United Premier Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Resort Fee

In the app it lists a bunch of worthless things that the resort fee covers. Phone calls etc. But among the items is a $15 minibar credit each day. My minibar has no water or diet sodas so I’ve asked them each day to stock it - each day they promise to do so and each day they fail. Each morning they waive the resort fee on the previous night’s stay when I complain about this. Kind of ridiculous.
AlexB likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by learnedpaw
In the app it lists a bunch of worthless things that the resort fee covers. Phone calls etc. But among the items is a $15 minibar credit each day. My minibar has no water or diet sodas so I’ve asked them each day to stock it - each day they promise to do so and each day they fail. Each morning they waive the resort fee on the previous night’s stay when I complain about this. Kind of ridiculous.
Are these the only food options in the minibar? No prices either
Old Jan 9, 2024, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Are these the only food options in the minibar? No prices either

There are more; they didnt refill the minibar from the previous guest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.