Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown

Daily Facility Fee of $39 USD + Tax allows our guests to enjoy valuable benefits like:
$25 Beverage Credit per day [Only for consumption of mini-bar beverages - not usable at the bar or restaurants]
$20 Laundry/Dry Cleaning per stay
$15 daily discount to Club InterContinental access fee
Complimentary unlimited Local and National calls International calling for up to 30 minutes
Complimentary access to digital newsstand with publications from around the world
Complimentary package receiving up to 5 packages per day (bulky items excluded)

Address
Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown
900 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California ,90017
Tel. +1-213-6887777

For reservations: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...hc/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
7th Street / Metro Center served by all tram and metro lines

Pre-opening thread
Pre-Opening Thread

Lounge access (show to lounge agent - see this post)

Print Wikipost

IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
IC Exercise Room

hello All, anybody know if the exercise room is open for use? Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Lots of reviews mentioning filthy exterior windows that disrput the beautiful views. Is this still an issue? Unacceptable is so...they have been open for several months now.

Any reviews of the club lounge area and amenities?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:03 pm

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a "standard" room for a couple of nights which is the only level I can book at this hotel (most others I can book any level) through a specialized IHG portal, however the rate is the same as a "deluxe" + an ambassador weekend certificate for a "superior" room. Everything was upgraded to a deluxe pre-arrival. At check in I was told I had been upgraded to the Deluxe and noted the rate I paid for the first two nights is the Deluxe rate without asking for anything further. I was then upgraded three categories to a Luxury Suite for the duration of my stay!

How are the rooms?
Outstanding. The suite is an over-sized corner room with floor-to-ceiling windows and a spectacular view of the Hollywood sign. Heavy blackout drapes that are VELCROED to the wall. Such a smart move! Motion sensors when you get out of bed to turn on a night light under the bed. Comfortable sofa with additional chairs for seating. Upscale bathroom with separate tub and WC.

The downside... and these are complaints I have at most places these days: No TV channel line up card, weaker shower pressure, no illuminated clock you can see at night.

How is the exec. lounge?
Access not given but can be booked for a $110 per room (up to two people) upsell. Got a tour of the lounge and was not impressed by the room or the spread. You can already get a 270 degree view in the lobby and the restaurant on floor 69 has a comprehensive buffet. You can not take breakfast on floor 69, it must be in the lounge.

What was good and what was bad?
- The lobby and amenities are spectacular. Beautiful designed space that's tranquil despite the crowds.
- Newly opened fitness center may be the best in the world. Free for hotel guests and they will be selling memberships for $150 a month/$500 initiation fee or a VIP membership for $250 month/$1,000 initiation fee that includes pool access, dining discounts and a one night stay per year. Obviously they're trying to drive revenue, but man this fitness center is unreal.
- Pool deck is enormous with full bar and food offerings as well as plentiful cabanas and sun beds. So much space for guests to use.
- Although I did not try the buffet restaurant, it's of extremely high quality.
- Comfortable premium oversized pillows
- Great concierge team willing to help with the smallest request.
- 600 points deposited as welcome gift surprise I saw when looking at my account (although others have mentioned they were offered that or free drinks and I was not).

bad:

- $7 soda in the lobby.
- Building design with the elevators. Go from Floor 1 to Floor 70 and then down to your room, or transfer on 31 which is not available all the time.
- Asked for ambassador water early day 2, had to ask again 8 hours later for that and welcome amenity. Specified savory snack in the app, was brought fruit. Welcome letter says take water from the mini bar but mine was locked.
- We were put on the VIP list by a hotel manager for a table at Spire 73 (they don't take reservations) and waited 15-20 minutes at the podium only to be seated on the astroturf seats in the middle (uncomfortable and awkward) which are open to anyone walking around.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
I will not stay anywhere else in LA now regardless of what part of town I need to be in. Work out some kinks and this could be a best-in-class IC.

Score 9/10
burroheadnebula likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:55 am
Community Director Emerita

I booked one night using a free credit card night. The hotel is sited on a large block and the GPS took us around it the wrong way to find access. We reversed direction and found the way to enter for parking which was also the way to find the parking valet. Once there, it was easy access to the hotel and the lift to the 70th floor. We had been kindly upgraded to a deluxe king but found the room lacking. The room has a little hall on entering with a small round table and one low back chair. The larger part of the room was filled with the king bed, a desk and a desk chair. There was no place to sit otherwise to be able to read or watch TV. We then requested a room with a chair. The hotel kindly upgraded us to a larger room with a sofa and easy chair.

We stopped for food before arriving at the hotel. I highly recommend Bottega Louis. It had excellent food and service and was just a 5 minute drive away.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just had a pretty good stay as RA. Upgrade to Luxury Suite with Club.

The gym is great, but the sauna and steam are not yet open. And the classes are only on Wednesdays, but they are training new trainers so hopefully that will all improve soon.

January is the best time to go as the Santa Ana winds have blown all the smog away. The views from my room and the club and 73rd floor bar are stunning.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by saaveraward
How is the exec. lounge?
Access not given but can be booked for a $110 per room (up to two people) upsell. Got a tour of the lounge and was not impressed by the room or the spread. You can already get a 270 degree view in the lobby and the restaurant on floor 69 has a comprehensive buffet. You can not take breakfast on floor 69, it must be in the lounge.
I just called the hotel and they are now quoting a $120 per room (up to two people) upsell.

Dekkadance on the 69th floor is now offering brunch for an eye-watering $85 per person (on Sundays at least). Includes seafood and bottomless alcohol of some sort.

We definitely want to eat breakfast/brunch in the hotel during our staycation (We used to live on Figueroa in DTLA so are very familiar with the local offerings like Bottega Louie), so it appears the club lounge is actually the value leader. I was told on the phone that the club lounge also offers a complimentary afternoon tea and cocktail hour.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ralphs
I just called the hotel and they are now quoting a $120 per room (up to two people) upsell.

Dekkadance on the 69th floor is now offering brunch for an eye-watering $85 per person (on Sundays at least). Includes seafood and bottomless alcohol of some sort.

We definitely want to eat breakfast/brunch in the hotel during our staycation (We used to live on Figueroa in DTLA so are very familiar with the local offerings like Bottega Louie), so it appears the club lounge is actually the value leader. I was told on the phone that the club lounge also offers a complimentary afternoon tea and cocktail hour.
As RA I get Club for free, but I still very much enjoyed it. The food offerings, especially during happy hour were exceptional for a hotel club lounge. And the breakfast was pretty good too. Great service! On Saturday morning there didn't seem to be any eggs out. The server said that they did Asian on the weekends, and offered to get me whatever I wanted from the main restaurant. So I had him fetch me a nice omelette. However on Sunday the normal eggs were back on.

And I too used to live just off Fig up near 1st street. Downtown LA has changed quite a lot over the last decade or so!
ralphs likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
This is a modern hotel and does have interesting elevator system. The rooftop lounge is great and being open air on the 73rd floor makes it unique. The view from the restaurants are pretty good too. The fitness center is on the 7th floor and is excellent. The pool is on the same floor.

Cons: long wait to checkout and there is only one concierge who is MIA most of the time.

Last edited by tomcat007; Mar 10, 2018 at 1:04 pm
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
We had a great time at the DTLA IC for our little staycation. There were small inconveniences but overall we left feeling rested and extremely fortunate. Note that the sauna and steam room is open now. I wouldn't call the gym the best in the world, but it was pretty fun to do power cleans (there is a half power cage suitable for squats or other oly lifts, with shock-absorbent flooring) right on top of Wilshire & Figueroa.

Thanks all who shared their experience in this thread.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:27 pm

The President stayed at the DTLA IC last night, and the LA Times saw fit to write an article: I spent the night in the same hotel as Donald Trump. It felt presidential, even though I never saw the president
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice article. Presidents love IC's! I've stayed many times at IC's around the world at the same time as several Presidents. Funny that the last time I was at the Century City IC my suite was next to Diane Feinstein's suite. Maybe that's why Trump chose this other IC.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone have suggestions on a value-priced nearby self-parking lot?

This property only lists valet parking at $42 a night, a multiple of the price of the rental car. TIA
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveH

This property only lists valet parking at $42 a night, a multiple of the price of the rental car. TIA
Yes, just a block or two south on Fig, on the other side of the street. I can't remember what I paid, but it was much less than the hotel valet. Another option is the Pershing Square underground garage which is city run and pretty cheap. But it is 3 or 4 blocks further away.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by DaveH

I wish San Francisco charge me $42 I stayed in SF couple time a year, valet $62 plus tax= $68 ouch.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
IC Chicago is also 60$. I returned my rental car in the evening at a nearby Hertz LE station and picked up a new one the next day when I needed it.
Rinse and repeat.

Not saying 42$ is cheap, but it is not the craziest stuff out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.