Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: IHG About to Be Demoted, AA Demoted to Nothingness
Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
Booked a room but won't be staying after I check in. How can I check out remotely?
Don't bother. Ruffle the sheets, leave the key on the nightstand, and leave. They already have your info. Happens all the time.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:33 am

One of my tasks is to stay so many nights in any IHG Hotel, in the terms it lists the hotels:
"at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVENTM or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation properties count as Stays at Holiday Inn brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand"

My question is, I'm looking at staying at a Holiday Inn Express & Suites, will this count as my of my IHG Stays? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but their Holiday Inn stays don't count if its a Holiday Inn Express, and since they don't call out "& Suites" in the T&C I want to be 100% sure that it counts as an IHG stay.

I'm sure it does, but I already almost got burned once by the Holiday Inn vs Holiday Inn Express
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by scoobybpc
One of my tasks is to stay so many nights in any IHG Hotel, in the terms it lists the hotels:
"at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVENTM or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation properties count as Stays at Holiday Inn brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand"

My question is, I'm looking at staying at a Holiday Inn Express & Suites, will this count as my of my IHG Stays? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but their Holiday Inn stays don't count if its a Holiday Inn Express, and since they don't call out "& Suites" in the T&C I want to be 100% sure that it counts as an IHG stay.

I'm sure it does, but I already almost got burned once by the Holiday Inn vs Holiday Inn Express
HI and HIX are different but HIX and Suites is the same as a HIX and is part of IHG. For completing a stay at any IHG properties, HIX and Suites does count. But remember, it will not count as a stay at an Incont'l or an Even hotel, or a regular HI, etc. if you are required to stay at that specific branded property.

In addition, if you come across a Holiday Inn Garden Court or a Holiday Inn Select -- I think there are still some of these around -- I believe that it would count as a stay at a Holiday Inn, just like a stay at a Holiday Inn Vacation Club or HI Resort counts towards satisfying a stay at a Holiday Inn.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
HI and HIX are different but HIX and Suites is the same as a HIX and is part of IHG. For completing a stay at any IHG properties, HIX and Suites does count. But remember, it will not count as a stay at an Incont'l or an Even hotel, or a regular HI, etc. if you are required to stay at that specific branded property.

In addition, if you come across a Holiday Inn Garden Court or a Holiday Inn Select -- I think there are still some of these around -- I believe that it would count as a stay at a Holiday Inn, just like a stay at a Holiday Inn Vacation Club or HI Resort counts towards satisfying a stay at a Holiday Inn.
Perfect, thank you! I figured it was a part of HIX, but wanted to be sure as they don't call it out specifically in the T&C

Thanks again!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Agree that this is the worst ever administration of a promotion that I have seen going back probably 20 years. What a pile of garbage.

They should give everyone who had registered for the ITN promotion 1 Free Night as compensation for time and effort wasted in having to deal with this disaster.
This one should go into the training manuals for IT in the travel industry, something about "the collapse of too-complex systems."

The man point of IT customer interface is to AVOID having to deal with live CS personnel, and having to retrain those to deal with IT screw-ups. LISTEN to your IT director on attainable goals!

I enjoy using their normal res system, and the points always post in 4 days. Very reliable. I hope they've firewalled (stove-piped?) these two systems.

But you always need a Beta testing before a new rollout, no matter what the higherups insist on. My sympathies...
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Carlson Gold, British Airways Executive Club
How are the two reward nights bookable ? Is the Ihg account updated with the fact that one is eligible for two nights and bookable via the website like the points reward nights are or do you have to ring up ?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I've had 2 separate stays which are not showing in the promo. Wrote to IHG and have been advised that they are going to fix it for me in 7 to 10 business days.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
I had 2 stays about a month ago, both booked through the IHG app, but only one is showing up on the promo page. I wrote to them so we'll see what happens.
I don't want to wait until the promo is over to find out I didn't meet the requirements.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:16 pm

About the offert to use IHG CC, do I have to use my own CC or could my partner pay the room reserved under my IHG account with her IHG Chase CC? Would this consider valid payment to complete my offer?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lz80521
I've completed all stays over one month now with all of them posted to my account, but the "Book on IHG app" task (not the "Download and book on app" one) still shows partially completed.

I emailed IHG and they basically told me I didn't register until the Sep 10th (the date their system showed) so one of my stays booked on Sep 7th wasn't counted. But the truth is, I registered on Sep 4th and I sent them the confirmation email (EVIDENCE) I received on the same day. Then they just kept telling me they were working on it to get it updated within 7 business days. So, several "7 business days"s have passed, still NO UPDATE.

Anyone in similar situation waiting for this "Book on IHG app" to be updated or get this kind of problem solved?
I just read your post, lz80521, similar to my problem a couple of posts up. I just wrote them today to get things fixed. Has it been resolved for you or have you heard anything lately?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: IHG, Marriott, Carlson, AAdvantage, BC US Air, CapitalOne VentureOne
I am so disappointed to read in the wiki that express stays don't count. I read the T&C before booking my stay and it wasn't clear to me that it would not count. I feel like the rules for this promo are very unclear. Anybody else agree? Do I have any recourse at this point? I just missed out on 2 nights and 4800 bonus because of this. I've already stayed at a normal HI. if I stay at the same HI again, will it count or does it have to be different? Dang, so disappointing to read this.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by minerman
I am so disappointed to read in the wiki that express stays don't count. I read the T&C before booking my stay and it wasn't clear to me that it would not count. I feel like the rules for this promo are very unclear. Anybody else agree? Do I have any recourse at this point? I just missed out on 2 nights and 4800 bonus because of this. I've already stayed at a normal HI. if I stay at the same HI again, will it count or does it have to be different? Dang, so disappointing to read this.
NO, NO, NO.

Why can't you accept that the way you think the promotion is constructed is not the way the promotion is constructed.

When it says 2 HI what comes immediately to mind -- 2 separate HI properties or the same property twice. Get real and stay at another HI.

By the way, you did not "miss out" because the promotion is not nearly over -- you have ample time to remediate. It seems that you just don't want to put in the effort.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:24 pm

Close to two weeks since my check-out (1 three nights stay @ Candlewood & 1 one night stay @ IC, a total of 4 nights), nothing posted to the into the nights page... I have one task for 4 nights for 8K points... These four night stays should count towards other tasks such as 2 saturday night stay, 2 IC stays, etc... How much longer should I wait until I call IHG to get these posted?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by factory81
My stays have posted to my IHG account, but they are not reflected on my Into the Nights page.

At this point now, one stay has had a week to post. I wonder if I should call....
Same here. All stays have posted to my account, but not reflected on Into the Nights page. In fact, my stays reflected on the ITN page have gone down. Not sure if I should call, email, or wait at this point...ugh.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:53 am

Exasperated and frustrated with IHG. The first 2 Big Win Promotions were not lucrative and filled with technological issues/problems so I can't be bothered to complete all offers.
This latest "Into the Night" promotion has good offers so I wanted to try to complete all offers. 1 of the offers state that I have to book direct with IHG via the website or mobile app. I booked a stay directly on IHG's website and it did not post. I have emailed Ambassador Services before the stay and was given assurances that the stay will count. Thereafter, the stay did not post, and after several emails with Ambassador Services, one representative said that the stay did not meet the T&Cs since it was not booked via the mobile app.

Can IHG please get its act together and start crediting offers properly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.