Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My request took about 2 - 3 weeks, I believe. The answer was that the stay was non-qualifying, so I don't know how long it would take the dashboard to update for "valid" stays.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Booked a room but won't be staying after I check in. How can I check out remotely?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Great but IHGcare doesn't mention anything about those challenges which
doesn't seem to be posting correctly, eg. "extend the weekend" seems like
only 2-day stays with a check-in Fri. check-out Sund post
not stays with a check-in Sat. check-out Monday etc.
The dashboard now shows the correct number of "extend the weekend"
incl. those with a check-in Sat. check-out Monday
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:25 pm

IHG taking much longer than usual to respond to ITN enquiries plus also taking a very long time to update the ITN dashboard .... Can only assume IHG totally inundated with enquiries as ITN promo is an absolute total FCCUUUUK UP in terms of software & admin.

Very concerned that the required tasks are completed by end of Dec. & then receive email early Jan. saying 1 of the stays is ineligible for some obscure & pitiful reason & do not get the 2 free nights as promised on the dashboard.

it would be much more reassuring if we could trust the ITN promo was being properly & accurately administered.

Last edited by joey1963; Nov 2, 2014 at 2:32 pm
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
Booked a room but won't be staying after I check in. How can I check out remotely?
Not necessary - proceed to the room, leave the keys on the desk, and go home. The housekeeper will let the staff know you're gone in the morning.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
Do as Scrounger says, and then if you wish, call the next morning and advise the front desk that you had to leave in a hurry and that you would like them to check you out and process the bill for you.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Not necessary - proceed to the room, leave the keys on the desk, and go home. The housekeeper will let the staff know you're gone in the morning.
I've stopped bothering to check out. Your reservation is for one day, the welcome invoice that you sign says one day, it's not like they can just keep charging your card if you don't explicitly advise them of your departure. :P So don't worry. You can call if you want, but I don't even think that's necessary.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only reason I often tell the desk staff on my way out is that I'm a bit superstitious that such makes it likelier the stay will post correctly - my own personal issue, not anything specific. If there isn't a clerk available, I leave the keys on the counter (or, better yet, in a drop box) and go. I do sometimes leave the keys in the room, but have a great fear I'll remember something I've forgotten halfway to the elevators.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
So I have been following this thread since the beginning and don't think anyone has posted a similar situation, but with all the IHG IT shenanigans that have been going on I am not 100% certain.

A month ago I stayed at a hotel, used my IHG Rewards card and within about 2 weeks the dashboard updated to reflect that I qualified for the 1500 bonus points for using my IHG Rewards MC. However, my IHG Rewards account never received those 1500 miles which is unusual because they usually post the same day the dashboard is updated.

Since it has been over 2 weeks since this task has been marked completed should I contact IHG Care or has anyone else seen delays of this long that I should instead patiently wait another week or 2 to see if the issue is resolved.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
I have got a similar problem that my ITN dashboard has updated with booking using the app has completed but the 4200 points have not posted to my account. The dashboard updated last week.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Is the following scenario under IHG terms 1 stay or 2 stays:

Check into hotel X and stay one night (check out after one night)
2 weeks later check in at same hotel X for one night (check out after one night)

I know under both Marriott and Hilton that would generate 2 stays in your account. Just wondering how IHG would define this???
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I received an email last week from IHG saying:

Dear ----,

You’ve already earned a free night or 25,000 bonus points as part of IHG® Rewards Club’s Into the Nights. Now you’ll have the option of choosing how you want to earn—bonus points or free nights.

But don’t stop there. Complete your last offers and you’ll get a second free night. Plus you’ll unlock a second bonus set of offers that will help you earn even more. Keep staying now until 31 December.

----

Now when I click "choose your reward" it takes me to my dashboard and it shows 0 earned nights 0 stays... and that is not true, I already have 3 stays and reward night.

Anybody having the same problem ?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Into the Abyss- worst promo ever in 30 years

Poorly constructed, overzealous in trying to drive customer behavior, poorly explained and horribly administered. And do I really have to sign in three times every time I want to do something?

I have 73 paid nights this year, 18 of them since this piece of garbage promo began. Seven of those nights booked on my iphone app.

As of today November 2 I am showing two nights stayed toward my twenty goal as the onlygoal I am working on, and again 2 paid noghts reflected.

Yeah, you have incented me.

Well, actually what you have done is stuck in my face that the remaining 20 nights left I have on the road this year can easily be booked elsewhere, as there is nothing in it for me to continue to stay here - not with most of next year taken care of already as well.

Of course I realize I am talking to myself, the IC angel working exclusively for us was sparse when here, most likely gone and forgotten at HQ.

Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Agree that this is the worst ever administration of a promotion that I have seen going back probably 20 years. What a pile of garbage.

Similar to others I have now a corrected App stay target of 1, but of course the last 3 completed stays done via app booking and posted to my IHG Rewards account don't reflect on the ITN dashboard for over 2 weeks now. Talking to the APAC Service Center in the Philippines is worse than a "root canal" and the level of quality responses is so small it is abysmal. While I feel a bit for IHG Care staff having to sort out this pile of rubbish Marketing & IT caused, I also assume basic reading comprehension skills from the folks when responding to a query

Well all the other targets apart from the App booking one (which I already completed) I will let go as this is so totally not worth the time and effort. All remaining nights till end Dec go to the SPG & Hilton for now.

They should give everyone who had registered for the ITN promotion 1 Free Night as compensation for time and effort wasted in having to deal with this disaster.

Last edited by demue; Nov 3, 2014 at 4:20 am
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Add another voice to the ones who got an email that I completed the promo (which I did) but can't book via the dashboard.

Very poorly implemented promo. Guess I have to call IHG about it? Is the best number just the generic customer service one? I don't have any status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.