Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:31 am

This witches' brew of complex "offers" -- a "Pitch Too Far" suggests itself for a title-- can't be helping business, but don't they only pay the hotels a cleaning fee?

They should just pull back and "settle" by giving one free night to anyone who registered on time, and met ANY of their individual stays/nights/brands requirements. Clean the boards.

Anyone else who believes they've met all their original necessary requirements can hash it out with CS for the next 3+ months to get the 2nd night.

Of course, this idea, being N.I.H. -- Not Invented Here --will never fly.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:53 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Hmm. I disagree. IHG, and, for that matter, all other chains, go OUT OF THEIR WAY to define a stay as being "any number of consecutive nights irrespective of checkins and checkouts" to prevent multiple consecutive nights being split into separate stay credits ... so it sounds like they're back-pedalling here.
Exactly. I don't understand why they start a fight if it would be so much easier for everyone if they just said "sorry -- we have updated your records".

HTB.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:09 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
So just to confirm, the 2 free nights will come from the award inventory (similar like the chase free night), or will it be some reduced inventory?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Lets just say (theoretically of course) there was a bug in the into the nights page... (deleted)

Wonder if I should say anything... And they shorted me 1000 points from the offer as well. =)

Last edited by HGHUA; Oct 30, 2014 at 11:23 pm
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by HGHUA
Lets just say (theoretically of course) there was a bug in the into the nights page and it gave me more than the 2 free nights I was supposed to get. I didn't do anything to the site, its just plain broken in my favor.

Wonder if I should say anything... And they shorted me 1000 points from the offer as well. =)
How many more nights did it give you?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: United 1P
My booking through app still did not show up as completed, even though the hotel confirmed that my reservation was through the app. The task of using IHG credit card did not show up as completed, even though I used the credit card. I contacted Steve, the community coordinator for Flyertalk. He said he would forward my requests to customer service. I have not heard back ever since. What is the best way to contact IHG to correct the issues? Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by scoobybpc
How many more nights did it give you?
No, No , No - the correct wording of the question is Hypothetically how many more nights did it give you?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
It's nice my booking thru the app now shows as completed as it should have since 20th September when the said app-booked stay was completed.

Would obviously be even nicer if I actually got the points some day.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:52 pm

Hmm. I disagree. IHG, and, for that matter, all other chains, go OUT OF THEIR WAY to define a stay as being "any number of consecutive nights irrespective of checkins and checkouts" to prevent multiple consecutive nights being split into separate stay credits ... so it sounds like they're back-pedalling here.
+1 !
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
It's nice my booking thru the app now shows as completed as it should have since 20th September when the said app-booked stay was completed.

Would obviously be even nicer if I actually got the points some day.
Steady on now, you're steps ahead of some by just having it show as completed.

It's eight weeks today until Christmas, perhaps they are keeping them to go with your pressies
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chrism20
Steady on now, you're steps ahead of some by just having it show as completed.

It's eight weeks today until Christmas, perhaps they are keeping them to go with your pressies
Ok ok, I won't complain again unless they fail to credit the points by December 25!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold. IHG Plat.
Indeed. It's even in the T&Cs for this specific "Extend your Weekend" task. Consecutive nights = a stay.

Some more clarification.

I'm a Platinum member based on nights stayed, not credit card etc.
The stay they refuse to accept is a "stay" was a Saturday & Sunday night at full price in a Crowne Plaza.
Checked in Saturday, checked out Monday. Same room, same guest.

This isn't a two night stay?
Yet they agree that any number of consecutive nights at the same hotel is a stay, but the "mechanism" of this task required just a single confirmation or bill from reception, covering both nights.

If I was aware that this was a requirement, do you think I wouldn't have made sure it showed as just one reservation?
It's not like I didn't stay the two nights, or my stay didn't include either a Friday or Sunday night, or it was a non-qualifying rate etc.

So yes, I think it's disgraceful to be honest .
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:54 pm

Please excuse my ignorance but hopefully one of you experts can please clarify.

My ITN offer is "complete 6 / 7 tasks & get 19,000 points or 2 free nights" does this mean there is an option to chose either 19,000 points or 2 free nights ??
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: HH DIA
I booked a night at HI thru the app for the IntoTheNights promotion. However the confirmation email does not indicate that the reservation was made via the app. I am afraid, after I stay at the hotel, I will not have a way of proving that I used the app for the booking in case IHG does not credit my ITN promotion credits. Is there a way to prove that the booking was made via the app?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by remarK
Indeed. It's even in the T&Cs for this specific "Extend your Weekend" task. Consecutive nights = a stay.

Some more clarification.I'm a Platinum member based on nights stayed, not credit card etc.
The stay they refuse to accept is a "stay" was a Saturday & Sunday night at full price in a Crowne Plaza.

Checked in Saturday, checked out Monday. Same room, same guest.

This isn't a two night stay?
Yet they agree that any number of consecutive nights at the same hotel is a stay, but the "mechanism" of this task required just a single confirmation or bill from reception, covering both nights.

If I was aware that this was a requirement, do you think I wouldn't have made sure it showed as just one reservation?
It's not like I didn't stay the two nights, or my stay didn't include either a Friday or Sunday night, or it was a non-qualifying rate etc.

So yes, I think it's disgraceful to be honest .

As I wrote in an earlier post on this subject, the import of the requirement is a 2 night weekend stay including a Saturday night = either a Friday night and a Saturday night or a Saturday night and a Sunday night, but that it had to include a Saturday night.

Your weekend includes a Saturday night and a Sunday night so it would appear to conform to this requirement.

What I do not understand, and I think that you are being purposefully vague about it, is why if you had these 2 nights booked, did you feel compelled to put them under 2 separate confirmations/reservations?

It certainly would be the case as Hanibal Lecter and others seem to have reported that a 2 night weekend stay booked under 1 confirmation number counted towards 1/2 of this required activity, so why the 2 separate confirmation numbers?

What was the purpose of the 2 separate confirmation numbers inasmuch as IHG averages the 2 nights in the rate that is displayed if you book a 2 night reservation under one confirmation number and the rates are different for each night.

Did your booking use a separate rate code, such as a corporate rate code or the like for each night?

Again, why did you structure your stays in this way under 2 reservations as it seems self-defeating, unless you were not sure you were going to stay both nights and therefore, you wanted to take advantage of 2 separate cancelation policies for each of the 2 reservations!!!

Then, one would not actually be EXTENDING one's weekend stay by an extra night -- e.g., one had a reservation and decided to stay an extra night either on the tail end of a 1 night stay, or perhaps by adding an additional night before the Sunday night stay commenced -- rather, one structured their "stay" as 2 SEPARATE nights, each with a SEPARATE CONFIRMATION NUMBER AND RESPECTIVE CANCELLATION POLICY, thereby hedging one's bets in case it proved impossible for one to "extend" their stay by an extra night. In such a case, no clear intention to EXTEND A WEEKEND STAY BY AN EXTRA WEEKEND NIGHT can be ascertained from the very outset of the booking process!.

Two (2) separate confirmations do not evince a real desire to extend one's stay by an extra night as would certainly have been demonstrably accomplished by putting the entire weekend 2 day stay under just one confirmation number, rather, it seems that if one were not sure they could stay an extra night, and therefore, wished to secure the benefit of having 2 separate confirmation numbers with 2 separate cancelation policies. However, by not being sure that one could not stay the extra weekend night and structuring the reservations to provide such an out -- it seems that they might have obtained their cake, but not their dessert, and they were thus impaled upon a petard of their own making.

Of course, I don't expect for you to agree with me but it seems to me that you are arguing against a commonsense interpretation of what extending one's stay by an additional night actually means = same confirmation number.

In any event, if this were the rationale for their denial of your claim, I am now satisfied that they rightly disallowed such activity as not meeting the terms and conditions that they set forth, and I can neither share your sense of moral outrage over their actions nor do I believe that they should they feel a scintilla of shame or disgrace for what I believe to be their rightful denial of your claim.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Oct 30, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.