Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:30 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
I've completed my stay in a holiday inn express under the rate "Opening Special Rewards Club" which gives 2000 points extra and breakfast.

I only got credited with 340 points + gold bonus 34 points. Is the 2000 points delayed ? Or should I submit a missing points request ? A little scared to do so though, as "penalties" might arise.

Also, can i confirm that this will put me through to platinum when i get credited about 54,000 more points from ITN ? Seems a little too good to be true.

Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:57 pm

If this is the Bonus Points Package with Breakfast your looking for ITN, I think you missed it. Holiday inn express gives breakfast to every one. Im pretty sure you need to find that at a Holiday inn or higher. It will look like this= + ‎ ‎$ 31.00 SGD Add 1000 Bonus Points per day & Breakfast. you still should get the 2000 points, but as for ITN, I dont think so. (look at singapore Batam and you will see what I mean.

Originally Posted by jedicat666
I've completed my stay in a holiday inn express under the rate "Opening Special Rewards Club" which gives 2000 points extra and breakfast.

I only got credited with 340 points + gold bonus 34 points. Is the 2000 points delayed ? Or should I submit a missing points request ? A little scared to do so though, as "penalties" might arise.

Also, can i confirm that this will put me through to platinum when i get credited about 54,000 more points from ITN ? Seems a little too good to be true.

Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: IHG GOLD ..PLATINUM any day now
Here is my update on from the email where I informed them of the double credit.

"Thank you for contacting IHG Rewards Club regarding your Gold Elite account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Foremost, we thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please accept our sincere apologies for the confusion and any inconvenience this has caused you.
Due to a clerical error, we incorrectly awarded 50,000 bonus points to your account last 15 October 2014. We will be removing the incorrect posting to your account to rectify the said mistake.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.
Sincerely,
XXX XXXX
Account Manager
IHG Rewards Club
www.ihgrewardsclub."

I guessed the error was the 2nd credit this email identifies the error as the 1st. My guess is really is the 2nd credit but in the end it is 6 or 1/2 dozen of the other.

Last edited by govs803; Oct 28, 2014 at 10:36 pm
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: IHG GOLD ..PLATINUM any day now

My bonus points DID NOT put my as platinum

they were not "Elite Qualifying Points"
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:20 pm

One of my tasks was to book two stays on either the website or app.

I chose the website for convenience and booked both stays today.

For the ITN promo - will this be recorded somehwhat soon as complete - or will the stays have to be completed first?

Lastly - the two stays are for consecutive nights but at different hotels in the same city. My understanding this is still considered two stays because it is at different hotels - is this right?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:47 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by mech11
If this is the Bonus Points Package with Breakfast your looking for ITN, I think you missed it. Holiday inn express gives breakfast to every one. Im pretty sure you need to find that at a Holiday inn or higher. It will look like this= + ‎ ‎$ 31.00 SGD Add 1000 Bonus Points per day & Breakfast. you still should get the 2000 points, but as for ITN, I dont think so. (look at singapore Batam and you will see what I mean.
This is under a special "Opening Rate" and not a breakfast + points rate. Ambassador support has verified that this "Opening Rate" which gives 2000 points and breakfast is counted as a qualifying stay towards ITN.

What I'm trying to ask is whether or not the 50,000 points for ITN will be considered as elite qualifying points towards Platinum status. I cannot find the T&C link from the ITN dashboard login page anymore to find any clause regarding whether or not the bonus points count towards platinum.

Originally Posted by baggyred
One of my tasks was to book two stays on either the website or app.

I chose the website for convenience and booked both stays today.

For the ITN promo - will this be recorded somehwhat soon as complete - or will the stays have to be completed first?

Lastly - the two stays are for consecutive nights but at different hotels in the same city. My understanding this is still considered two stays because it is at different hotels - is this right?
1. You will have to complete the stay, after about a week the points will be credited to your IHG account, and it will take 2-4 weeks for the status to show on the ITN dashboard.

2.Yes it will be considered as two stays, however do note that if these two stays are aimed at completing multiple ITN criteria, you have to make sure that the brand of hotel that you choose to stay in qualifies for all. The T&C for each criteria is different. For example, staying in a Holiday Inn Express does not count towards a stay for the criteria "2 stays in our Holiday Inn hotels". Whereas a stay in a Holiday Inn Resort will count towards BOTH the aforementioned criteria and "Book using app/website" and "stay at any one of our IHG properties". Be weary of your rates as well, a small % of rates are non-qualifying. If in doubt you can email customer support to enquire if the rate your planning on taking is a qualifying rate.

Last edited by jedicat666; Oct 28, 2014 at 8:56 pm
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
IIRC, bonus points you buy as part of your hotel rate count toward qualifying but other promotional bonus points have not since 2012.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:14 pm

2.Yes it will be considered as two stays, however do note that if these two stays are aimed at completing multiple ITN criteria, you have to make sure that the brand of hotel that you choose to stay in qualifies for all. The T&C for each criteria is different. For example, staying in a Holiday Inn Express does not count towards a stay for the criteria "2 stays in our Holiday Inn hotels". Whereas a stay in a Holiday Inn Resort will count towards BOTH the aforementioned criteria and "Book using app/website" and "stay at any one of our IHG properties". Be weary of your rates as well, a small % of rates are non-qualifying. If in doubt you can email customer support to enquire if the rate your planning on taking is a qualifying rate.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply

Another task was to try two brands - so one stay is HI and the other Crowne Plaza

I note your point about non-qualifying stays and this is a worry. I did actually email IHG support and they didn't answer my question (as I booked an IHG Special Rate) and simply said call the help desk. The help desk said it was fine, but of course I have nothing in writing.

I did however note when booking that it told me how many points I was entitled to for the stay - so I assume if I am entitled to points it will be a qualifying stay
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:15 pm

Programs: IHG Plat,*A Gold, US CP

the bonus points that you get from completing the task from ITN will not count towards elite qualifying points. But the rates that give extra points do count towards elite qualifying points. for example. 5000 points + breakfast package will give you the 5000 points towards EQP
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:23 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by bchang2001
the bonus points that you get from completing the task from ITN will not count towards elite qualifying points. But the rates that give extra points do count towards elite qualifying points. for example. 5000 points + breakfast package will give you the 5000 points towards EQP
Thanks for the explanation. How about :

-ITN individual Task specific points
-$70usd + 15,000 points booking (Cash + Points )
-Buying Points from IHG

Or is there anywhere that all this is written down :P
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:26 am

Thanks for the explanation. How about :

-ITN individual Task specific points
-$70usd + 15,000 points booking (Cash + Points )
-Buying Points from IHG

Or is there anywhere that all this is written down :P
It's all in the IHGRC T&Cs detailing what counts as EQ, from memory they are

- Points from stays (Not the gold or plat bonus points or the welcome points)
- 'Bonus' points from points packages - eg the 5k from the package is EQ
- E-rewards transfers
- CC Points
- Partner purchases (eg hertz)

There are probably a few more that I've missed, no doubt someone will remind me.

Any points components from ITN or other quarterly promotion will not count nor will purchasing points outright or via points and cash.

If you are trying to get to Plat at the moment I think you will have to stay if you are UK based as the premium CC is still not available. Taking out the the free CC card and getting the 10k bonus then 8 x 5k bonus packages would be the quickest way to plat at the moment.

This is straying way off the thread topic tbh so NO - ITN points will not get you plat or EQ points with the exception of the ones from actual stays.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:59 am

anyway I can reset my into the nights offer ? I signed up for it but can't seem to accomplish it before the deadline.. anyway to sign up for it again to get a different offer ?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Qualifying stays

Anyone had a 21 Day Super Saver Rate count as a qualifying stay?

Found some that are 45% cheaper than the Best Flex-But the rate earns points-so unsure

Cheers
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:51 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by agb1a
anyway I can reset my into the nights offer ? I signed up for it but can't seem to accomplish it before the deadline.. anyway to sign up for it again to get a different offer ?
No possibility to "reset" -- anyway, you'd get the same offer again because it's based on your stay history.

You could open a second account but if you get caught IHG will probably close both. And IHG is pretty good at spotting this -- some people got into trouble because they live in the same house (and use the same internet line) as another member.

HTB.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:08 am

Ughhh im glad you mentioned this. Both of my planned HI stays are express. so frustrated that these don't count.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.