Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by redtigeriii
Same here. All stays have posted to my account, but not reflected on Into the Nights page.
And add me to that list too and for my girlfriend it is the same. Stays posted on account (as qualifying) but zilch on ITN.

I will just wait a while to see what happens. Maybe they fix part of this train wreck at some point. If not it will be a nice conversation with IHG Care again.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by intermagix
Exasperated and frustrated with IHG. The first 2 Big Win Promotions were not lucrative and filled with technological issues/problems so I can't be bothered to complete all offers.
This latest "Into the Night" promotion has good offers so I wanted to try to complete all offers. 1 of the offers state that I have to book direct with IHG via the website or mobile app. I booked a stay directly on IHG's website and it did not post. I have emailed Ambassador Services before the stay and was given assurances that the stay will count. Thereafter, the stay did not post, and after several emails with Ambassador Services, one representative said that the stay did not meet the T&Cs since it was not booked via the mobile app.

Can IHG please get its act together and start crediting offers properly?
Exactly why I have emails for each of my bookings from Ambassador Services that confirm that the bookings were made via the mobile app. It is really horrid how uneven the quality of CSRs is. Some good and to the point, many lost, clueless, talk nonsense - plain don't know what they are doing.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I applied for and was denied the credit card two months ago yet they still haven't credited the task yet and repeated calls have yielded no hope.

Suggestions?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:25 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by demue
I will just wait a while to see what happens.
Another doing the same here. I was hoping that this Tuesday would show the full credit on the ITN dashboard, but it is showing 4 weeks ago information.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Well, for all the negativity here, I for one am glad that IHG is having a promotion offering some value. 2 free nights is of good value, to me, even though my requirements of 30 nights, tons of IC nights, etc... is ridiculous.

Yup, their IT and execution is sucky. But, I am confident I will get my 2 free nights eventually. Even with past promos with poor execution I still got my rewards.

As the saying goes, it is better to shoot for the stars and miss than shoot for sh*t and hit. The IT is a miss but the 2 free nights and additional points is a shot for the stars as it is better than any other hotel promo going right now, for which I participate (Hilton and SPG).

I prefer this, with all its warts, vs. some crummy promo for some meager points with 2/3 of the hotels opted out, or no promo at all.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by whimike
As the saying goes, it is better to shoot for the stars and miss than shoot for sh*t and hit.
False dilemma. There's a totally reasonable middle ground of delivering a moderately complex promotion that actually works. IHG themselves have done it in the past. CTC and the two Big Win promos all worked much more smoothly. The IT glitches with ITN smack of terrible management. Either too little time was allocated to do the development work, or too little money was budgeted on developers, or both. Again, the relative smoothness of CTC, TBW, and TNBW show that successful delivery of a program of this complexity is feasible.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:33 am

I'm having issues with the ITN promo as well. Everything has posted on my account, but few has posted to the dashboard. They even went as far as posting things as complete, deposit points into my account, and then remove the completions and points. The other promos I have been apart of have been smooth sailing. I'm weary to try to finish out the promo out of pocket (all other travel has been business related). Not sure what their issue is...I've had great luck with them all year long. Hoping this gets resolved. I've been tempted by some offerings of the other chains and the beginning of the year would be a nice time to switch.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Aeroplan, Miles&More (Silver), United Gold
I am in the same position as everyone else, stays posted in main IHG account but not in ITN dashboard. ITN dashboard shows no stays but they emailed me to congratulate me on meeting my first target!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:16 pm

Location: Currently somewhere between JFK and SYD (taking the long way)
what a mess

This promotion is a disaster. After having read several issues people were having, I thought my first stay would eventually show up in my dashboard. Nearly nine weeks later I (think I) finally have it resolved...

I registered for the promotion as soon as it went live (September 5 or so), and had an offer for 36,000 bonus points after one night at an EVEN Hotel. The cheapest rate I saw for the next couple of months was that Saturday (9/7), so I booked it.

Points from the stay posted to my account, but nothing ever showed up in my dashboard. After several attempts to contact IHG through the website, and many idiotic, nonsensical responses from clueless agents, I finally got a response from someone saying, "Sorry, you didn't register for ITN until 9/10, so this stay doesn't count." What?

I asked them to escalate this further as I'm 100% positive I registered for the promotion on the first day. I never received any kind of confirmation email for registration, from either the first day or 9/10, when they claim I registered, so I didn't really have anything to go off of.

Finally after having some folks from the Twitter team escalate this further, I got the following response:

"Foremost, we apologize if there was a discrepancy on the registration date towards your Into the Nights offer. At that time you registered, it was a known issue that registration online was not being captured on the system. This was then fixed immediately but I deeply regret that the agents you contacted on case number XXX were not able to bring this up. Rest assured that we have noted of the conversation and we used it as a coaching point to them. As the stay in question is now adjusted to count towards your Into the Nights tailored offers, this should now reflect within the next 7-10 business days."

So first 4-6 weeks, crickets, and now 7-10 days... I'm not convinced it will show up, but at least I have confirmation now that the stay counts and will receive credit for it. (Eventually... After possibly having to reach out again...)

What a mess.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I repeat my point from earlier in the thread ... after all the SNAFU's of the previous Big Win promo, they felt it was a great idea to do this again?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I repeat my point from earlier in the thread ... after all the SNAFU's of the previous Big Win promo, they felt it was a great idea to do this again?
You would think that they would have learned from previous mistakes and that things would have improved.
I'm starting to question whether I should try to complete any of the offers, especially since I need 5 stays booked on the IHG app. I can't provide proof of an app booking after staying.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
So had anyone seen any updates today (Tuesday) to their promotion progress?

I was optimistic following this past weekend's email, but my Into the Nights dashboard still remains the same.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:46 pm

Called ambassador number today to see how I got an email showing my progress correctly but not showing correctly on the dashboard. The service rep told me one of my stays at a holiday inn and suites will not count towards my "stay at 4 different holiday inns" because she claims holiday inn and suites falls under the holiday inn express umbrella. Unreal. I asked where on their website it shows holiday inn and suites as part of the holiday inn express and why my confirmation email shows holiday inn. No answer. They are just coming up with random excuses it seems.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by JohnMichaelKane

Points from the stay posted to my account, but nothing ever showed up in my dashboard. After several attempts to contact IHG through the website, and many idiotic, nonsensical responses from clueless agents, I finally got a response from someone saying, "Sorry, you didn't register for ITN until 9/10, so this stay doesn't count." What?

I asked them to escalate this further as I'm 100% positive I registered for the promotion on the first day. I never received any kind of confirmation email for registration, from either the first day or 9/10, when they claim I registered, so I didn't really have anything to go off of.

Finally after having some folks from the Twitter team escalate this further, I got the following response:

"Foremost, we apologize if there was a discrepancy on the registration date towards your Into the Nights offer. At that time you registered, it was a known issue that registration online was not being captured on the system. This was then fixed immediately but I deeply regret that the agents you contacted on case number XXX were not able to bring this up. Rest assured that we have noted of the conversation and we used it as a coaching point to them. As the stay in question is now adjusted to count towards your Into the Nights tailored offers, this should now reflect within the next 7-10 business days."

So first 4-6 weeks, crickets, and now 7-10 days... I'm not convinced it will show up, but at least I have confirmation now that the stay counts and will receive credit for it. (Eventually... After possibly having to reach out again...)

What a mess.
Don't hold your breathe on this.

I contacted the UK call centre a while back re this with ZERO results.

No-one has a clue

I'm still chasing it though it looks like it may not matter (now) to me anyway.

Worht chasing as lots of others have the same problem.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
Originally Posted by tallguyturbo
I'm having issues with the ITN promo as well. Everything has posted on my account, but few has posted to the dashboard. They even went as far as posting things as complete, deposit points into my account, and then remove the completions and points. The other promos I have been apart of have been smooth sailing. I'm weary to try to finish out the promo out of pocket (all other travel has been business related). Not sure what their issue is...I've had great luck with them all year long. Hoping this gets resolved. I've been tempted by some offerings of the other chains and the beginning of the year would be a nice time to switch.
+1

Same situation. My stay that has been posted properly was delayed 10 days comparing to same stay posted on account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.