Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The way it works is that you have until Jan. 15, 2015 to make a final decision between the additional points, or the free nights. Once you have chosen the latter, those nights must be completed (actually stayed) by Dec. 31, 2015, and can be booked anytime between now and then, space available. You do not have to decide on the bookings themselves by Jan. 15, as you seem to fear.
Great news -- thanks. After completing the terms of the offer, how do I select 'free nights' rather than the (measly 17k) points? Assume I receive an e-mail from IHG directing me to a webpage on which I choose 'free nights'? Also, are the free nights good at ANY IHG property (or at least any prop that normally allows for redemptions?) or are only a limited, subset of IHG properties allowed for the 'one more night' award stays? Thx!
Old Nov 8, 2014, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The points vs. nights will appear at your promo tracker page - you will click one choice, which have a small checkmark (U. K. 'tick') thereafter. I think they are theoretically good at any property, but popular ones obviously will sell out fast.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JohnMichaelKane
This promotion is a disaster. After having read several issues people were having, I thought my first stay would eventually show up in my dashboard. Nearly nine weeks later I (think I) finally have it resolved...

I registered for the promotion as soon as it went live (September 5 or so), and had an offer for 36,000 bonus points after one night at an EVEN Hotel. The cheapest rate I saw for the next couple of months was that Saturday (9/7), so I booked it.

Points from the stay posted to my account, but nothing ever showed up in my dashboard. After several attempts to contact IHG through the website, and many idiotic, nonsensical responses from clueless agents, I finally got a response from someone saying, "Sorry, you didn't register for ITN until 9/10, so this stay doesn't count." What?

I asked them to escalate this further as I'm 100% positive I registered for the promotion on the first day. I never received any kind of confirmation email for registration, from either the first day or 9/10, when they claim I registered, so I didn't really have anything to go off of.

Finally after having some folks from the Twitter team escalate this further, I got the following response:

"Foremost, we apologize if there was a discrepancy on the registration date towards your Into the Nights offer. At that time you registered, it was a known issue that registration online was not being captured on the system. This was then fixed immediately but I deeply regret that the agents you contacted on case number XXX were not able to bring this up. Rest assured that we have noted of the conversation and we used it as a coaching point to them. As the stay in question is now adjusted to count towards your Into the Nights tailored offers, this should now reflect within the next 7-10 business days."

So first 4-6 weeks, crickets, and now 7-10 days... I'm not convinced it will show up, but at least I have confirmation now that the stay counts and will receive credit for it. (Eventually... After possibly having to reach out again...)

What a mess.
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I stayed at the EVEN hotel in Norwalk that exact same night as you. Still jumping through hoops with IHG customer care to get my credit.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: IB Platino
Quick question re: qualifying nights.

I need 1 saturday night HI stay to complete this promotion, was thinking of booking a 1 night best flexible rate at a local HI (Reading). This rate below is also displayed.

Considering it includes breakfast this seems a good deal. Question is will it qualify for into the nights, or should I just play safe and book the best flexible?

///
STAY YOU LEISURE
£ 59.00 GBP per room, per night
Tax: 20% per night included in rate effective 15 November, 2014 thru 16 November, 2014
VAT: Rate Includes VAT
2 PERSON(S) PER ROOM MAXIMUM
DESCRIPTION:
A combination of picturesque villages, lively historic towns and rural scenes ensure that Reading is an excellent base to stay when visiting and exploring at your leisure. Rate includes bed and breakfast.

Local attractions and events: Thames Path, Royal Ascot, Reading Abbey, Forbury Gardens, Legoland, Go Ape, Reading University, Reading Barge festival are only a short drive from the hotel. Reservations can be cancelled up to 4.00pm day of arrival without charge.

Package includes 2000 loyalty bonus points automatically deposited to your account. May not be combined with additional offers.
///
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by James1715

I need 1 saturday night HI stay to complete this promotion, was thinking of booking a 1 night best flexible rate at a local HI (Reading). This rate below is also displayed.

Considering it includes breakfast this seems a good deal. Question is will it qualify for into the nights, or should I just play safe and book the best flexible?

///
STAY YOU LEISURE
Tax: 20% per night included in rate effective 15 November, 2014 thru 16 November, 2014
DESCRIPTION:
A combination of picturesque villages, lively historic towns and rural scenes ensure that Reading is an excellent base to stay when visiting and exploring at your leisure. Rate includes bed and breakfast.

Local attractions and events: Thames Path, Royal Ascot, Reading Abbey, Forbury Gardens, Legoland, Go Ape, Reading University, Reading Barge festival are only a short drive from the hotel. Reservations can be cancelled up to 4.00pm day of arrival without charge.

Package includes 2000 loyalty bonus points automatically deposited to your account. May not be combined with additional offers.
///
You should be fine with that rate. When you go through to the booking page where it's asks for your CC details it will say in the right hand corner how many points the reservation will earn. As long as it isn't zero you should Be fine.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:54 am

Has anyone gotten the "bonus points with breakfast" rate from a regular Holiday Inn (HI) to count toward that requirement?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by artemis021
Has anyone gotten the "bonus points with breakfast" rate from a regular Holiday Inn (HI) to count toward that requirement?
Haven't read the whole thread, but my wife and I used a one night stay at the Holiday Inn across the street from Universal Studios Orlando to satisfy our bonus points with breakfast. Also satisfied at least one other Challenge with that stay. The price was a little absurd; but the redemption value of the two free night promo option will be high; intended use is for InterContinental stays in Europe this summer--probably Rome, Paris, and/or possibly London if there are any good IC properties in London).

The property I cite above was *not* a Holiday Inn Express; just the straight Holiday Inn IHG brand. We used the one night stay at the Holiday Inn across from Universal also as a Positioning Stay. Flew into MCO the night before staying at a Universal Studios property and checked into the Holiday Inn.

Wife being a HP fan girl wanted to see Diagon Alley and have unlimited "fast pass" for various attractions at the two Universal theme parks. I'd read that if you stay one night only at one of the Big Three Loews hotels on property at Universal, that would give you two full days of both Early Pre-gate opening access to Diagon Alley as well as two full days of unlimited "fast pass" (I forget what Universal calls it, being a loyal Disney Theme Park guy myself).

We chose the Loews Royal Pacific--what I see as their version of Disney's Polynesian Resort. But to me, there's no comparison--The Poly wins, even despite its age, in theming, etc. Also has sentimental value for me--so I'm biased.

Anyway, we checked out of the Holiday Inn very early AM, like 5am or so. Then drove across the street to the Loews Royal Pacific and checked-in. Our room was even ready, surprisingly; but even if it wasn't, we knew we could get our room keys, etc, and head straight to the park gates for early entry to Diagon Alley. Second half of strategy was requesting a late check-out

If and when I do this again, I'd just book a stay at the new "value" Loews Hotel--Cabana something or other. Rooms were almost half the price of a stay at the Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, or Portofino. And gave the same early entry benefit to Diagon Alley. But did *not* give the unlimited, use as many times on each ride as you like "fast pass".

My assessment of the two Universal Parks: Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, in Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios respectively, are fantastically themed--a plenum and real joy for any HP fan. The other Universal attractions for us were "meh"--almost a joke compared to what Disney had produced. Hence, I no longer care about Universal's "fast pass" system and would go with the cheaper Cabana property for the early Diagon Alley access.

The Escape from Gringotts and Harry Potter Forbidden Adventure attractions don't even have "fast pass" access.

Maybe roller coaster fans love Universal. But I have no love for them other than the Harry Potter-themed lands; again, blew me away with the detail, creativity, inventiveness, dining, shopping, and all around immersive experience--including the Hogwarts Express train ride that takes you between the two lands. Wonderful and highly recommended for anyone fond of the HP books and/or films.

The HP actors themselves, although of course this was when they were clearly on paid promotional gigs, said in many ways the HP Universal lands were better than the movie sets; because a lot of what they did was Green Screen. Whereas in a theme park, you use forced perspective and materialized a lot of things you would not build-out for a film... Very cool stuff.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:33 am

Does a paid pseudo-mattress run count for promo? Not checking in but being charged...

I've done Mattress Runs before to meet IHG promo challenges. Felt most comfortable checking in, entering room, ruffling the sheets, turning on shower and moistening some toils, then leaving never to return. Never had a problem.

Needing to do a Saturday stay to complete my wife's IHG Into the Night challenges to qualify for the two free nights.

What about not showing up at all? Making the booking, knowing I'll be charged the penalty of the night's stay. Would such a thing still register as meeting a Challenge?

If the answer is a highly probably success, then I might like to try it. Sure would be more convenient for me. If there's a moderate to high chance that never even checking in would disqualify the Stay re: meeting a promo Challenge, then I'll just do my typical "check-in in person" mattress run routine.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:48 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
What about not showing up at all? Making the booking, knowing I'll be charged the penalty of the night's stay. Would such a thing still register as meeting a Challenge?
Highly likely it will not count as a qualifying stay, even though some people have reported receiving points.

You need to find someone to check in for you.

HTB.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by James1715

///
STAY YOU LEISURE
DESCRIPTION:

///
As a point of interest HI Heathrow T5 has some good opening rate offers which include Breakfast for £48.50
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:57 am

Apologies if this has already been answered, but one of my tasks is to apply for the IHG credit card through a 60k point link. However, I was also (separately) sent an email with the 80k sign up offer.

My question is can I apply for the 80k offer, be approved, then apply through the ITN link, not be approved for my second application, and still meet the task requirement?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by htb
Highly likely it will not count as a qualifying stay, even though some people have reported receiving points.

You need to find someone to check in for you.

HTB.
Thanks HTB. I'll just drive out to the property for check-in. Only around a 30 minute drive--not talking hours. Appreciate the help.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
E-mail from IHG That is Helpful--Finally!

Originally Posted by neuron
This is the one they have been having problems with (App). I have called and emailed, as well as posting on FB and Twitter. They have said they know what the problem is and working to resolve......3-5 business days (now 3 weeks)

If you call, make sure they can confirm your booking was via the App, which would indicate that you had downloaded it.

I would follow up using emails
[email protected] and
[email protected] (Customer Retention)
Thank you for the second email contact address. Have the same experience as the others re: download app not posting. My offer does not say that I have to book via the app--just download it. Sent another email but this time to the "crt" address neuron posted. Stated I needed to be promised in writing that the download task will post, otherwise there is no point in participating and I'd cancel my upcoming reservations. They wrote back and did just that--we have "verified that the Download the IHG App offer has been completed, but the portal has not been updated." They went on to say they'd immediately post the 500 points to my account and monitor it to make sure the challenge gets posted on my ITN dashboard. The email was very apologetic and sincere IMO.

You kind of get caught up in this. But yesterday @:-) I realized this is all for 2 free nights? My challenge is relatively easy, but as a leisure traveler it's costing me extra money. I have a few needed stays which could be at any hotel (not necessarily IGH), then I'll need 1 MR. Unless I have plans to stay at a glorious IC vs. choosing points for 2 nights at an average hotel (I know point breaks, but those are an unknown long shot), am I being obsessed rather than smart about this?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by artemis021
Yes @ LAX ... as it turned out, the extra charge was significantly less than the "a large carte" price would've been.

A previous attempt staying at the SEA CP on their breakfast + points rate was quite a fail. IHG manually added the points, stating that the (specific rate code) wasn't qualifying for promo purposes. Somehow, these add-on rates can be offered as either the generic b+p standard one in the res system (that the promo is looking for) or a "catch-all" code indicating (some type of hotel-specific deal).
Old Nov 9, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by htb
I'm still waiting for the points for the "Book A Stay with the App" which was marked as completed about 2 weeks ago, just after it switched back from temporarily displaying "Book 59 Stays". (For comparison: another task is to stay 29 nights.)
Same here. My ITN dashboard and postings have been correct for the past two weeks except for the App task's points not posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.