Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Well, I have lots of stays that have posted to the IHG website but no updates on the ITN website in about two weeks. I have no idea where I am with this promotion, so I'll be switching over to Marriott for a couple of weeks to let the ITN website catch up. Then, just enough stays at IHG to complete a couple of levels, unless I'm already there, and then back to Marriott from here on out. This is really sad, but unfortunately I think this is what they planned for. Somewhat generous goals to get us IN the promotion, crappy website to keep us in the dark, and on and on. There is no incentive to have a good tracking website, just to get us involved in the promotion.

randidliyo
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CCarlson Silver
+1 to the other recent posts here....

I had a problem with them taking on my start date (which was the 4th, they said the 12th). They fixed that, and that stay is on the ITN dashboard, but my other two stays so far (end of Sept and mid-October) still haven't made their way to the ITN dashboard, even though they did show up as qualifying stays on the Rewards Club.

I'm keeping track myself, but very upset I seem to go through a lot of hoops to get things which other companies (Hyatt, ClubCarlson) for other bonus point stays handle in my case, very quickly.

WM
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Can't really clap my hands here, I got below message from IHG:

Dear FFlash,

Greetings from IHG Rewards Club!

We have credited 9,000 points to your account for completing the Into the Nights’ Download and book on the IHG App offer. Your current account balance is 22,729. These points should be available for immediate viewing after logging into your online account, which can be accessed by visiting our website at www.ihgrewardsclub.com.

Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,

My dashboard does not reflect IHG App done though, it is zero, as well as other tasks non-updated.

The only thing I expect now is a second mail "oops we have done a mistake and we are so sorry to take back falsely credited points from your account" as they did for my other tasks which are all by the way now completed
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:05 am

Just out of curiosity when was the last time anyone saw anything (correct or incorrect) actually post to the dashboard?

For me it is at least three weeks
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
I have decided I was going to post on FB (Twitter too) whenever I see the IHG Into the Nights promotion appear. They can't resolve anything, but at least they should hear that customers are dissatisfied. It also gives a wider audience than FT re: how abysmal they have been with their handling of this promotion.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20
Just out of curiosity when was the last time anyone saw anything (correct or incorrect) actually post to the dashboard?

For me it is at least three weeks
Oct 16th was the only posting for me
Oct 21st, they removed a completed offer
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by neuron
Oct 16th was the only posting for me
Oct 21st, they removed a completed offer
Thanks

Thankfully I haven't been affected with things being added and then removed, I did have an issue way back at the start where an email listed completely different tasks to the ones on the dashboard but they managed to fix that fairly quickly.

The most frustrating part of this promo for me is the lack of tracking, like most others I'm sitting wondering whether everything is going to post correctly or not.

Also with this promo period covering Christmas & New Year it pretty much takes a week to a week and a half out of the equation for most people and as that is at the very end of the promo it could mean a mad dash to ensure all the targets are met.

If IHGCare or Steve are still about is there any possibility you can give us some indication of schedule/timings of when we are going to see some movement please?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
My dashboard updated today with a 1 of 4 stays I made on 24,25, 26 or 31 October.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:16 am

My dashboard updated weeks ago (and achieved a few of the tasks), but the 2500 points I supposedly earned still haven't posted...
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
My dashboard hasn't updated for several weeks as well. If one were to pull back the curtains on the system, I think we would find IHG scrambling to implement fixes to get everything working properly, and until then the dashboard has been frozen.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
My dashboard updated today .. 25k points or 1 free night.

I'm guessing the free night is better -- right? I can't find any details of the free night, I assume its capacity controlled, but is there a certain category limit it goes to? The weasel talk about how this free night is not the same as an IHG reward night gives me concern that I'm going to redeem for a free night I can never use... vs points I never use, either. LOL
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Dashboard just updated, but ...

their cutoff date for posted transactions leaves me mighty baffled!

I'm credited for a) breakfast, b) 3 HI's and c) 2 App stays - great! However, the counter shows 10/11 nights. From my calculations, my (missing) 11th night was a single night stay, roughly two weeks ago, right after the stay that qualified the three HI's; so, either one of those 11 nights was disqualified (???), or the cutoff was the day the third HI posted -- can't tell which! I have another paid night in "pending" status (only been a couple of days), but would hate to have to wait a few more weeks for another dashboard update!

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Nov 5, 2014 at 1:06 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:52 pm

Finally....an update!

My dashboard finally updated this morning after 3 weeks of no change. Based on my stays and what qualified and posted, it seems that 10/24 (+/- a day or two) was the cutoff for stays posted on this update.

I'm still waiting for the App requirement to show as finished. I booked 5 of 8 stays on the app (first one nearly 8 weeks ago) and it has yet to show on the dashboard.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:35 pm

My dashboard was updated today and is completely accurate! I have not yet received any bonus points for the 2 tasks just shown as completed, however.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Wife's Credit Card app showed up as done today also. 2000 Points not posted to her account yet but will take a couple of days I guess. not sure how long after she does the spend on card that the extra 80,000 points show up. A good deal getting it as one of her tasks and got the email to sign up also

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.