2014 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by manderson99
Excellent map -- thank you!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
jmgriffith - great list! Unfortunately, I noticed 3 errors just in the northeast after a few clicks (ie, the Woodbridge hotel shows up in NJ, but it's actually in NE). Might want to check the map...
Are you sure this is incorrect? Although the Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge is listed under Nebraska on the Priority Club Connect Community site, the link takes you to the property at 874 Us Highway 1, Avenel, New Jersey, 07001 United States: http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress...B_EXwoodbridge. Which one is correct? Either way, I fixed a few others on the map. You can view the updated map here:

Originally Posted by jmgriffin
I've just finished the map for this preview list, I hope that some will find it useful! I can't embed directly to the forum but you may view it here: Weekend Blitz - Preview: IHG/PriorityClub PointBreaks List Aug-Sep 2014

I have also color coded the properties based upon brand.

If you see any properties that have been misplaced please let me know.

Again, the full map is accessible here: Weekend Blitz - Preview: IHG/PriorityClub PointBreaks List Aug-Sep 2014
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:47 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Just booked three nights in Raleigh over Labor Day weekend and a weekend in Milledgeville, GA.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
While I applaud IHG for keeping PB alive, the list seems to get more and more sparse...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Booked two nights at HI Express Meadowlands (Carlstadt, NJ). NJ Transit bus to Manhattan stops across the street: $4.25 for the 20-minute ride to Times Square (Port Authority Bus Terminal).
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:08 pm

Just added a night in Greenville, SC.... going paid rate was $189. I am happy!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Thanks!

Are you sure this is incorrect? Although the Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge is listed under Nebraska on the Priority Club Connect Community site, the link takes you to the property at 874 Us Highway 1, Avenel, New Jersey, 07001 United States: http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress...B_EXwoodbridge. Which one is correct? Either way, I fixed a few others on the map. You can view the updated map here:
There is no Woodbridge, NE (Nebraska), so I think IHG made a typo there. Woodbridge, NJ is correct.

While I'm not a frequent IHG customer, I do like these PB's for some obscure places and you almost always end up saving $100 a night if you can use it. I also greatly appreciate the map, it gives me a quick look at where these hotels are at. Thank you!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Staybridge in Savannah, GA looks to be gone already.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:47 pm

It seemed to be gone even before it started..... I tried about 20 different days.... as soon as availability started... and no award rooms were available.

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Staybridge in Savannah, GA looks to be gone already.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:23 pm

Five nights in the CP Istanbul Harbiye in October. I know it's not the best located property for the tourist areas but 25,000 for five nights in a CP beats 75,000 points for five nights in the HI.

Was a bit concerned as the CP wasn't showing the PB rate while others were. I thought they all when live at the same time but obviously not.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:49 pm
SBT

IHG PointBreaks Glitch July 28, 2014

Today the new Points Breaks list came out. Great. One property listed on PointBreaks is the Staybridge Suites, Savannah, Georgia, airport location.

However, it shows no availability for using IHG points. No dates are available for using IHG points (Regular, PointBreaks, Points and Cash or anything else) until June, 2015, yet the Hotel has plenty of availability.

Talking to the Hotel hasn't helped. Talking to IHG goes back to the Property.
Can anyone help? Thank you.

SBT
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by lazyloki
Five nights in the CP Istanbul Harbiye in October. I know it's not the best located property for the tourist areas but 25,000 for five nights in a CP beats 75,000 points for five nights in the HI.

Was a bit concerned as the CP wasn't showing the PB rate while others were. I thought they all when live at the same time but obviously not.
If you booked for October... I'm guessing you were getting charged 25k per night, not 25k total.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by travelisfree
If you booked for October... I'm guessing you were getting charged 25k per night, not 25k total.
Doh! Sorry, September. Getting trips mixed up.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by lazyloki
Doh! Sorry, September. Getting trips mixed up.
No worries... Although I did check to see if there was a glitch. :-D
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: PC Plat, Club Carlson Gold
Staybridge Savannah

When the preview list came out on Friday, I sat and checked awards nights one at a time for several months. Oddly enough, one day in August had "Meeting room with sofa bed" come up. Other than that, nothing... ever.

Something is even awry with the paid rates as there are some weekends where if you select one day, nothing is available. If you pick two dates, there is plenty of room.

I have a feeling that they know what they're doing... everything possible to decrease point usage and increase revenue.

Thankfully, many Country Inns in the area!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:40 am

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
List was better than expected for me...got 2 nights in Istanbul at the end of a trip which is what I was looking for, and in Beyoglu to boot (I want to do some music shopping on Istiklal Caddesi). Also decided on 3 nights in Antalya at the beach in the beginning of my trip to decompress before hitting the trail in Turkey/Georgia. I don't think I booked right when this came live but there was no problem with availability.

Need a night or couple in Portland OR but the Portland West seems really really far...I guess I'll see. It IS close to the MAX though and most of the time I'm fine with a commute, if I can snooze during it.

Funniest location is the one that's a half mile from my sister's apt of all places...had no idea there was a property so close! I'll have to see if she wants a staycation....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.