Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Too bad I could not use my PB after all and I had to cancel it (darn, I saw the room had been upgraded to junior suite; first time ever happened to me!). However, I wanted to check if those 2 rooms came back to PB inventory, so I tried to rebooked them immediately after canceling them. No, did not work. There were 30k points available even before, but my cancelled 2 rooms did not open 5k PB awards.

This is too bad for other people IMO if one is not able to use the rooms.

Last edited by FFlash; Dec 28, 2014 at 5:08 am
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.0; SM-G900F Build/LRX21T) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.93 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by FFlash
Too bad I could not use my PB after all and I had to cancel it (darn, I saw the room had been upgraded to junior suite; first time ever happened to me!). However, I wanted to check if those 2 rooms came back to PB inventory, so I tried to rebooked them immediately after canceling them. No, did not work. There were 30k points available even before, but my cancelled 2 rooms did not open 5k PB awards.

This is too bad for other people IMO if one is not able to use the rooms.
kudos for you to report this.
I doubt it will have the necessary effect on FT members who reserve more than they will actually use ("just in case") - you know who you are -, but at least it should instill a bit of a bad conscience in them.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.0; SM-G900F Build/LRX21T) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.93 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I doubt it will have the necessary effect on FT members who reserve more than they will actually use ("just in case") - you know who you are -, but at least it should instill a bit of a bad conscience in them.
The simple fact that I was getting first time a real good upgrade on both 2 rooms to junior suite at CP Helsinki, I was expecting to impress a little bit my company and I tried to find even smallest excuse to use those nights but finally it became impossible.

I agree it is very tempting for anyone to hoard rooms just in case and actually the max 2 res limit by IHG does not work. Last round I booked several separate rooms and reservations without any problem and even asked the hotel if that was okay and they happily confirmed it (and I consumed them all, not just in case). That's about it IHG, they cannot manage their own IT and rules whether good or bad ones
I favor the rule of max 2 res/rooms per pointbreak, but they cannot enforce it!
Old Dec 29, 2014, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen

FT members are not the bulk of the problem. PB are a cottage industry in some countries. just try booking an IC or nice CP in China- i was on it within a minute or 2 of when the old IC in Shanghai went live (last year, i think?)- GONE. when you've got local resellers taking down a month at a time and reselling it- that's the problem. of course, becoming less so, as ihg isn't exactly stacking the list with aspirational properties!

i booked the new HIX in BKK but barely cared. out of the way/too many bts stops and the hotel is, what, USD $60/night- oh boy! not exactly the IC Saigon Residence home run of days (long) gone by.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Rather remarkably, rather late into the promotion we were able to get enough PB nights at the Sandpoint HIX, which is near the Schweitzer Mtn. Ski area in Idaho. I understand that many complain that the PB list isn't as good as it might have been perceived in the past, but I'm happy with what we found.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
I think I will blame IHG for the lack of availabillity on PB rooms.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Member
Originally Posted by rrohio
Only "Live Oak, Fl." is left of the 4 original Florida hix's. I didn't think they were that good to go so quickly
I've been sitting in Panama City - Tyndall on PB rate since Sunday (will be here till Thursday). There are 3 cars on a hotel parking right now. I have just spoken with a front desk and hotel seems to be almost empty (according to him), and will not be full during New Year.
I do not understand what is the reason it was removed from PB (if it was, I did not check, but just replying to the post).
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:07 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
This thread is closed for this year.

Please use this new thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...iscussion.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.