Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by onthego15
The hotel I was going to book for weekend after next is not on the official list, though it was on the preview list.
Same thing for HIX Pittsburgh (Greentree)
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Brattleboro, VT appears not to be participating even though it is listed. However, it was listed out of alphabetical order, so perhaps it was never meant to be on the list in the first place.
Originally Posted by onthego15
No, it was the HIE in Murfreesboro, TN - definitely not a property one would expect to be booked up immediately. fortunately I already have an alternative reservation at a Choice hotel. The HIE just would have been cheaper points-wise.
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
Same thing for HIX Pittsburgh (Greentree)
Thanks-- the map has been updated to remove these locations that did not make it from the preview list to the actual list.

I've just finished the map for this preview list, I hope that some will find it useful! I can't embed directly to the forum but you may view it here: Weekend Blitz - Preview: IHG / PriorityClub PointBreaks List October – November 2014

I have also color coded the properties based upon brand.

If you see any properties that have been misplaced please let me know.

Again, the full map is accessible here: Weekend Blitz - Preview: IHG / PriorityClub PointBreaks List October – November 2014
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: VA Silver; BA Silver; IHG Platinum
Just booked 21 nights at HIX, Orange City, Fl which will come in handy for some property related business I have over that way.

A nice result...
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Time is due to say thank you to everybody who has invested work here, specifically to jmgriffin.
I've booked my first ever pointbreak weekend in the Crowne Plaza, Dublin, Ireland.
The hotel still seems to have good availability in November and it's great for a quick trip: it's close to the airport with a shuttle bus every 20 minutes, and public transport to the very centre of Dublin taking under 40 minutes.
Oh and Ryanair or AerLingus fly into DUB from many European cities...
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Me too...not super close to downtown Savannah but it should get the job done!
I think we could have a party here. I'm driving from Boston to Tampa starting Nov 1 and I managed to book 5 hotels along the way (including this one) for 5k points each. I'm a happy camper (as that's as close as I want to come to camping in November).
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:52 pm

Anyone book any properties in the northeast area? I'm in the NYC area and I haven't found one for a family getaway.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by rtraveler
Anyone book any properties in the northeast area? I'm in the NYC area and I haven't found one for a family getaway.
Is the brattleboro vt property still on the list? That's the best thing I noticed.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Is the brattleboro vt property still on the list? That's the best thing I noticed.
I don't think the Brattleboro VT and Pittsburgh properties are on the pointbreaks list. I think it was a mistake on the IHG site.

Last edited by rtraveler; Sep 30, 2014 at 6:06 am
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I was hoping to book at this one as well, I've never been to Vermont yet.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Damn. I booked 2 rooms in San Diego in Oct and my in-Laws bought points to join us. But the point haven't posted yet and now SD is sold out for those dates. 20-22.

Has anyone paid to upgrade a reward night to a 2 bedroom?

Or called a hotel and gotten another room at the points break level?

Hopefully if I keep checking, someone will cancel.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:48 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Needed a night in Helsinki in November. No question, just super happy the promotion happend to catch me at the perfect time.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:12 am
Suspended

I don't think the Brattleboro VT and Pittsburgh properties are on the pointbreaks list. I think it was a mistake on the LoyaltyLobby site.
Nope. It was a mistake on the site where they initially announced and released the PBs, and that was not on LL.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:06 am

Nope. It was a mistake on the site where they initially announced and released the PBs, and that was not on LL.
Thanks, I corrected my post.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:18 am
Suspended

Thanks, I corrected my post.
You might want to check out the HI Taunton/Foxboro or HIX Brockton. Both newly renovated and apparently well-placed to go to various destinations nearby.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Sep 30, 2014 at 6:25 am
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:45 am

You might want to check out the HI Taunton/Foxboro or HIX Brockton. Both newly renovated and apparently well-placed to go to various destinations nearby.
Thanks, I'm looking at the PA hotels since a couple are 100 miles or less from the NYC area. I'm looking for a 2-night getaway and the Brockton/Foxboro hotels are 200+ miles. They are a bit far for a 2-night stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.