Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by skaya
Yes. Have anyone run into problems/limitations here yet?
Two reservations per hotel and each reservation can last for as long as you want (within the pointbreaks period).
Old Jul 20, 2014, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by valdor
Two reservations per hotel and each reservation can last for as long as you want (within the pointbreaks period).
So, I can book two rooms for 30 days each?

Ok, I read it as two nights.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Tomorrow or next week for new list?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
my other question is when will this next one be good til....i have a trip in oct I would like to use these points for ..if avail...but i'm guessing this one ends in sept...
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by bitachu
my other question is when will this next one be good til....i have a trip in oct I would like to use these points for ..if avail...but i'm guessing this one ends in sept...

Shorter duration (60 day) better for me rather than struggling in Sep waiting Nov list! especially with crap published this year.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Ha! I hope something decent for W coast USA comes out thus time, but I'm not holding my breath! Will be keeping a beady eye on this thread as the week progresses!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:48 am

Is there a way to follow this thread so that I'm notified of new posts?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by Capnjack358
Is there a way to follow this thread so that I'm notified of new posts?
Go to the top of discussion where it says thread tools, from the drop down menu choose 'subscribe to thread'.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Amyrlin
Go to the top of discussion where it says thread tools, from the drop down menu choose 'subscribe to thread'.
Thanks so much!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Is there any way to get notified by email about the new list being released?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:56 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
You can subscribe to this thread... and get Instant Email Notification. I am sure that list will be posted here as soon as it is released!

Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
Is there any way to get notified by email about the new list being released?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:36 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

A friendly reminder ....

Originally Posted by FLYGVA

(..)

Our goal is to keep this thread helpful and informative. Therefore I ask you to post in this thread only question related to point breaks such as (but not limited to):
  • practice
  • information about hotel appearing and disappearing on the list
  • booking (and maybe cancelation) questions
  • link to hotel reviews

If you have indication, when and if pointbreaks will be available, please give details for the source (e.g. was told (i.e. yestersday / on July 25th) by (the front desk / lounge agent / member of staf) of the (HIX City / a Holiday Inn in London) ...). I am fully aware that a reference to the source should / must be avoided, on the other hand, an indication is needed, that there was such a statement. It is a matter of trust and for us moderators difficult to differentiate between a joke post / rumor / trustd source.

Rumors, if the Point breaks are discontinued should only be posted, if you have a source for it and can name it (e.g. someone mentioned it in a hotel and you trust this source, etc.). Question, which hotels will be on the next point break list, could not really be answered. You might check the pointbreak hotel list thread about the history of CP and ICs on the pointbreak list.

(...)

For this reason I have deleted the chatter about when the next list will be released ...

Thank you very much for your cooperation and sorry for being once again the fun stopper - but such is life as a moderator.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by wharvey
You can subscribe to this thread... and get Instant Email Notification. I am sure that list will be posted here as soon as it is released!
And if you DO subscribe you'll quite quickly understand why the proliferation of guessing/rumour threads is so irritating ......
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
And if you DO subscribe you'll quite quickly understand why the proliferation of guessing/rumour threads is so irritating ......

I think there is/was some other thread that one should subscribe to. A thread that is only updated when new point break list is announced.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
I think there is/was some other thread that one should subscribe to. A thread that is only updated when new point break list is announced.
This the the master list you're looking for: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...hg-hotels.html

You can subscribe and will be notified only when the new lists are live, although beware that it can sometime take the mods a few hours to edit this list and you might be too late by then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.