Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Were all of these online bookings that have qualified all been made after January 1st?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
My activities for the Big Win this year have posted to my account. That includes completing 2 tasks, namely staying 2 Saturday nights and booking one Best Flexible with Breakfast rate. So far I have completed 2 (out of 3) brands, 3 (out of 6) nights, and 1 (out of 2) cities. I have done 0 (out of 2) Holiday Inn Express stays.

The stays took about 1 week to post to the account, and a further week (short of 1 day) for the Big Win bonuses to post. So I would suggest a bit of patience for at least 2 weeks, maybe a bit more, while they get their act together. Like many of you, I was beginning to wonder if there was something wrong with this year's promotion, as there was a total lack of activity until now.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
My points also posted but :

I need to do 3 Holiday INN. I supposed that getting into 1 HI 3 nights would count, but it does not.

Is this correct?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by mgo72
My points also posted but :

I need to do 3 Holiday INN. I supposed that getting into 1 HI 3 nights would count, but it does not.

Is this correct?
From the wording of the promotion, it appears that you must stay at three different Holiday Inns to complete the requirement.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:34 am

While most of my stays have posted, and the BW points I've earned so far have also posted, it still shows me as not having any stays booked via their mobile app. Since I booked all of my stays that way, I'm a bit nervous about that, especially as completing that goal is necessary to get the major Big Win bonus for my particular promotion.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't think anyone's Big Win individual requirement points have posted yet?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I didn't think anyone's Big Win individual requirement points have posted yet?
my breakfast points one posted
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by krward
my breakfast points one posted
Same here, but not for my "stay at two brands".
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Hah. I got an email "You’re so close to a win"

Then in the text it says...

Keep it up
Complete your offer and earn 0 points.

Yeah baby! That zero points is almost mine. I can taste it.

The most poorly managed hotel promo ever?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: NZ, IHG, Hilton, Accor, Hertz, FoundersCard
Originally Posted by rincewind44
While most of my stays have posted, and the BW points I've earned so far have also posted, it still shows me as not having any stays booked via their mobile app. Since I booked all of my stays that way, I'm a bit nervous about that, especially as completing that goal is necessary to get the major Big Win bonus for my particular promotion.
I have one showing this morning, so it looks like they have finally swapped the hamster out for a fresh one

justakiwi
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I'm a bit confused as the "tracker" says I've completed both the survey and the required 2 Sat nights, yet also indicates that I've only fulfilled one of my seven components so far? The two stays I booked via the IHG website in Dec 2013 are NOT showing under the website/android tracker, so I'm assuming that the system really does differentiate by date-of-booking?
I show the same thing... have completed the survey and 1 other task, but the "complete 5 tasks" counter just says 1.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Hah. I got an email "You’re so close to a win"

Then in the text it says...

Keep it up
Complete your offer and earn 0 points.

Yeah baby! That zero points is almost mine. I can taste it.

The most poorly managed hotel promo ever?
They seem to having problems with nearly all of their promotions
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I have completed my Big Win However the Big Win website shows just 14,400 points earned of my 86,000 points - and none of those points show in my account yet - just within the Big Win website
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bloobell
Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere but do PointBreak stays count towards Big Win status?
No, but it's not specific to PointBreaks. PointBreaks are a type of reward stay, and reward stays don't count toward Big Win status. Only "qualifying" (meaning paid, among other things) stays count toward Big Win.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I have completed my Big Win However the Big Win website shows just 14,400 points earned of my 86,000 points - and none of those points show in my account yet - just within the Big Win website
I just had my 4 Holiday Inns points post, even though I completed it after the completing of 4 brands

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.