Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
Hi, any recent DPs about this property? Tried to use my Intercontinental Ambassador BOGO Certificate but it seems that the property has blocked out all use of the BOGO certificate....
Old May 7, 2022, 9:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Currently here and this is by far best resort in Vietnam that we have stayed. Rooms and Villas are amazing, service is over the top and F&B is very, very good. Had afternoon tea and cocktails at the club lounge yesterday which was amazing. Breakfast the club lounge is quiet and relaxed and you can have a la carte as well as buffet of the restaurant next door.

Many rooms are currently under renovation but it is not disturbing at all. All public facilities are open.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
Are they not allowing children under 12 in the club lounge the whole day, or only during cocktail hours? Anyone an idea what kind of alternative arrangements they make in that case?

Also wondering what kind of suite they now upgrade an ambassador booked in a Club terrace suite into, the next higher room category seems to be under renovation.
336 likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by fbruno
Are they not allowing children under 12 in the club lounge the whole day, or only during cocktail hours? Anyone an idea what kind of alternative arrangements they make in that case?

Also wondering what kind of suite they now upgrade an ambassador booked in a Club terrace suite into, the next higher room category seems to be under renovation.
I was just wondering the same thing. I just booked two rooms including that specific one for a family trip in August and am an ambassador.

I was told no children in the club lounge under 12 at all when booking so we didn’t book them a club room as it was pointless. The connecting room was non club anyway I think.

Did anyone say when the renovations are scheduled to finish?
Old May 11, 2022, 12:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by belsize77
I was just wondering the same thing. I just booked two rooms including that specific one for a family trip in August and am an ambassador.

I was told no children in the club lounge under 12 at all when booking so we didn’t book them a club room as it was pointless. The connecting room was non club anyway I think.

Did anyone say when the renovations are scheduled to finish?
The renovations should be finished in Q4/2022 - thats what we heard. We are currently here and were not very bothered by the construction works.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:59 am

No more Monkey 47 Gin in the club lounge offerings as of today.
Our largest disappointment was the shockingly poor English language proficiency of pretty much all the staff at the hotel, with the exception of the reception staff and our villa host.
Apart from that this hotel is absolutely stunning in every aspect.

Ambassador benefits included 20 USD F&B credit + further 50 USD F&B credit for not receiving any room upgrade. In-room dining and La Maison restaurant excluded.
Club benefits also included a round-trip airport transfer and free soft drinks from the minibar and at the pool bar.

Old May 16, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Heavenly fire, my favourite when I was there.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by JacobNL
Any words on how the new free breakfast for Diamond be handled at the hotel? Will it be a full buffet breakfast at the main restaurant or something else? Thanks.
Old May 17, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Wine and spirits seem like a definite downgrade from back when I was there in Spring 2019, IIRC. Definitely the step down from Monkey 57 to Gordon's Gin is a steep one and IMHO unworthy of a Club lounge in such a (premium) IC Resort with high prices. At least swing for Tanqueray or even Bombay Sapphire.

​​​​​Bottega prosecco is also not really good, but tastes differ. Oh well, not planning to be back any time soon anyways.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
I have no status with IHG, not even a member lol, but am contemplating this hotel. I am also looking at the Four Season Nam hai.

Anyone have stayed at both recently? Which one would you recommend for a family of 4 with 2 young kids.

Which Seaside Villa is better? Beach or Rocks? Does anyone know the size of the pool within these rooms?

A lot is spoken about club access, does anyone know if these rooms get club access, it doesn't mention it at the booking page and there's no option for it at the end neither. I'm assuming that it does not.

At 5K usd for the IC vs 5.6K usd for the FS (similar pool villas w/ bfast) what do you think?
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:41 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Gold, LH Senator
Just completed a 4-night stay at this property. Overall, the service and staff are great and they really make an effort to accommodate all reasonable requests. Several employees struggled with understanding and speaking English but it was not a big deal. Costs to be aware of (if they are not included in your room rate and depending on if you have IHG Diamond status): Breakfast for two is ~$70 per day and Club lounge access for two is ~$275 per day. Both are exclusive of 8% VAT and a 5% service fee. We opted to pay for breakfast since we don't really drink alcohol and couldn't justify the high cost for club lounge access. Although I would return to this property, I would strongly recommend avoiding a stay here until the major renovations are completed. Right now the lobby is being re-done and there are major renovations being completed to several buildings on the "Earth" and "Sea" levels. Noise is significant and can be heard throughout the property, including from the beach and pools, and there are a lot construction workers visiting the property each day. That being said, I assume the renovated rooms will be pretty epic when completed. As a side note, the majority of the guests appear to be from South Korea.

Last edited by jvasiles; Sep 15, 2022 at 9:04 pm
Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by jvasiles
Just completed a 4-night stay at this property. Overall, the service and staff are great and they really make an effort to accommodate all reasonable requests. Several employees struggled with understanding and speaking English but it was not a big deal. Costs to be aware of (if they are not included in your room rate and depending on if you have IHG Diamond status): Breakfast for two is ~$70 per day and Club lounge access for two is ~$275 per day. Both are exclusive of 8% VAT and a 5% service fee. We opted to pay for breakfast since we don't really drink alcohol and couldn't justify the high cost for club lounge access. Although I would return to this property, I would strongly recommend avoiding a stay here until the major renovations are completed. Right now the lobby is being re-done and there are major renovations being completed to several buildings on the "Earth" level. Noise is significant and can be heard throughout the property, including from the beach and pools, and there are a lot construction workers visiting the property each day. That being said, I assume the renovated rooms will be pretty epic when completed. As a side note, the majority of the guests appear to be from South Korea.
Isn't Club access include in the Suite rate?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by demue
Wine and spirits seem like a definite downgrade from back when I was there in Spring 2019, IIRC. Definitely the step down from Monkey 57 to Gordon's Gin is a steep one and IMHO unworthy of a Club lounge in such a (premium) IC Resort with high prices. At least swing for Tanqueray or even Bombay Sapphire.

​​​​​Bottega prosecco is also not really good, but tastes differ. Oh well, not planning to be back any time soon anyways.
Limo ride to and from airport used to be included for suites booking and spa villa used to include a massage. Both benefit seems to be gone. However, the room rate is slightly above 2019
Old Sep 14, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
275US$ ++ for Club is nuts and all that for reduced/ downgraded wine and spirits and all that. With Diamond getting breakfast, I'd not pay for Club any longer as you can buy a lot of drinks and food for 275+ bucks a day.

It was nice to stay at the resort once, but it is certainly not a must repeat type of experience for us though opinions will vary. The pricing these days for a place like VN is just too bonkers for my taste, both room rate and Club wise.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
Isn't Club access include in the Suite rate?
I paid for my stay using IHG points so I can't confirm. If you make a cash booking, you'll have to review the reservation details carefully.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.