InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Atacama40
... when I listed 2 or 3 mad over used Tumi items on ebay and found out that folks actually wanted this old way too worn and torn stuff ... they really did. No matter how much I told them how rough these items were, the more they wanted them. One guy keep in touch for a couple of years asking when there would be more! I kid you not.
I don't know if this logic applies to those buyers, but I have trouble actually using precious stuff, as opposed to keeping them on display forever I'm much more likely to use an "ordinary" thing that I don't mind if it gets dirty / lost. I should treat myself better.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 3:05 am

Looks like a load of reward availability has just dropped in. Was struggling to get a couple of dates added in May, checked again and there is availability on various dates and also less points required then I originally booked :-)
Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:17 pm

I have 1 night stay planned here. The property looks stunning!!! I love all the design details.

Unfortunately, they only had 1 night available when I need and I would love to make the most of my stay.
I’m a lowly Platinum, would they give any sort of upgrade & 2 pm late check out?

Would it make sense to buy Ambassador? I believe the 4 Pm check is guaranteed?
It’s a points midweek stay, so won’t be able to use the free night anyway.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 2:22 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by puzo15
I have 1 night stay planned here. The property looks stunning!!! I love all the design details.

Unfortunately, they only had 1 night available when I need and I would love to make the most of my stay.
I’m a lowly Platinum, would they give any sort of upgrade & 2 pm late check out?

Would it make sense to buy Ambassador? I believe the 4 Pm check is guaranteed?
It’s a points midweek stay, so won’t be able to use the free night anyway.
With a points stay an upgrade isn't guaranteed with Ambassador. All that would be guaranteed is a 4pm check out and a VND280,000 F&B credit. Of course you could use the free weekend night certificate at a later date. I guess it depends how valuable these benefits are to you.

As a regular Platinum neither the upgrade nor the 2pm late check out are guaranteed.
puzo15 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I have 1 night stay planned here.
Spending just one night seems an extremely short time to fully appreciate the resort, given its size, the type of activities and the restaurants.

I think a minimum of 3 nights is ideal.

As the club lounge is fantastic, I would also be sure to opt for an upgrade (I have no idea how much it would cost, as as a Royal Ambassador member, it is included in the price).
puzo15 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Spending just one night seems an extremely short time to fully appreciate the resort, given its size, the type of activities and the restaurants.

I think a minimum of 3 nights is ideal.

As the club lounge is fantastic, I would also be sure to opt for an upgrade (I have no idea how much it would cost, as as a Royal Ambassador member, it is included in the price).
Originally Posted by minz56
With a points stay an upgrade isn't guaranteed with Ambassador. All that would be guaranteed is a 4pm check out and a VND280,000 F&B credit. Of course you could use the free weekend night certificate at a later date. I guess it depends how valuable these benefits are to you.

As a regular Platinum neither the upgrade nor the 2pm late check out are guaranteed.
Thank you! Yes, I would love to extend our stay, I keep checking to see if more award space opens up. But at least the 4 PM check-out would definitely help.
As for the Club Lounge, it's probably around $150 pp at least, we don't really drink alcohol, so I'm not sure it would be worth it for $300 a day. Probably better just to spend at the Restaurants?

Does anyone know how much is Breakfast per person?
Any activities at the Resort that you would recommend not to miss?
Old Feb 13, 2024, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Does anyone know how much is Breakfast per person?
Breakfast at Citron is at USD 35 per day per guest.

Any activities at the Resort that you would recommend not to miss?
On the website, and on the board at the bottom of the funicular, you can find the list of activities on offer.
There's something for everyone.

TProbably better just to spend at the Restaurants?
If you're a gourmet, lunch at Pierre Gagnaire's La Maison 1888 is very much recommended.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Breakfast at Citron is at USD 35 per day per guest.

On the website, and on the board at the bottom of the funicular, you can find the list of activities on offer.
There's something for everyone.

If you're a gourmet, lunch at Pierre Gagnaire's La Maison 1888 is very much recommended.
Thank you! That's very helpful.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:02 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Checking-out today after a great stay.
Saw many monkeys…and Bill Gates and Paula Hurd today and yesterday, with a surprisingly small amount of entourage and without any all-over the place privatization.
Big up to them for this very low-key approach.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:07 pm

Are lounge pass holders with platinum status allowed to have breakfast at citron?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.