InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Old Mar 3, 2020, 8:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Does anybody know if the pools at the private villas (Villa on the rocks and Heavenly Penthouse) are heated or can be heated by request? Thank you.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Enskie
Does anybody know if the pools at the private villas (Villa on the rocks and Heavenly Penthouse) are heated or can be heated by request? Thank you.
cant recall if ours was heated but we were there out of season and used it quite a bit and I hate cold pools
Old Mar 4, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Enskie
Yes, lovely and toasty.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
I'm here at the moment and I love this place. I first stayed at Hilton Da Nang which was a joke compared to this hotel.

Booked on points for 3 nights and asked for club upgrade. I was offered a club upgrade for 95$ each night without taxes so didn't hesitate and accepted the offer. I got a terrace suite at earth level. Totally worth the value of points if you look at prices for this hotel. Very low occupancy though and a lot stuff in renovation but for this price I am more than satisfied. Staff is super friendly and well informed.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:31 am

95 usd per person or for both?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:45 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If for both it would be very cheap for this hotel, but given that they will be suffering quite badly from Chinese travel ban (big tour group business here) and now even restrictions for many other countries like Korea and Japan plus some European ones they will take any upsell they can get.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by 336
95 usd per person or for both?
For both.
Lounge is open from 1 PM to 10 PM and many food choices during breakfast at Citron is on demand instead of buffet style because of the low occupancy. I've only seen approximately 20 different guests around for the 2 days I'm here.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:28 am

Wow, very good deal.

Previously we have seen them quote 300 USD.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
How is the coronavirus situation in Da Nang presently? Have an upcoming stay on the 27th March to the 29th March at Intercontinental Da Nang, not sure if I should cancel my entire trip and avoid Da Nang completely? Called the hotel today and they were scared to give out any information about the situation and they referred me to the WHO website...
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by loyaltylobby88
How is the coronavirus situation in Da Nang presently? Have an upcoming stay on the 27th March to the 29th March at Intercontinental Da Nang, not sure if I should cancel my entire trip and avoid Da Nang completely? Called the hotel today and they were scared to give out any information about the situation and they referred me to the WHO website...
Vietnam is certainly less effected as of now than some other countries in the region. It is understandable that the hotel declines to provide you with advice, as the situation anywhere in the world could suddenly change at any moment.

Personally, I see no reason to avoid Danang or Sun Peninsula resort. As long as you follow proper precautions that would be the same for anywhere else.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:55 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I would say to make sure you'll be able to enter Vietnam (depends on nationality and origin / past travel) and be certain you won't have to quarantine. Else trip will be pointless.

Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by demue
I would say to make sure you'll be able to enter Vietnam (depends on nationality and origin / past travel) and be certain you won't have to quarantine. Else trip will be pointless.

Exactly this. Many flights are cancelled and some country restrictions are already effective. Vietnam has shown that they can react very sudden and strict on this outbreak. After day 3, the hotel started to do temperature monitoring at the gates for cars. You have to fill in a health declaration form upon entry in Vietnam and your seat no has to be filled in. If a sick person sat close to you on the flight, they'll likely check on you or put you in quarantine.

The safest place in Da Nang is probably this hotel because it is so remote. Make sure your booking is flexible (or on points)
not2017 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by loyaltylobby88
Out of curiosity, did you manage to go?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 8:47 am

Has anyone had success upgrading a base reward night room to one of the pool villas (1 Bedroom Seaside Villa On The Rocks, Seaside by the beach, and the penthouse)? I could book nights with 70k points per night only for the base suite. The price difference between base suite and the pool villas are $450. If I book and ask for upgrade would I simply have to pay incremental $450/night?

Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
No, I did not. I am from Singapore and there was a travel ban from the 27th March, hence my flight (with Singapore Airlines) was automatically cancelled. Better not travel now, as we don't know the situation in Vietnam.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.