InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Titanium, Accor Gold, LH Senator, SAS EuroBonus Gold
Forgot to mention in my above post that the InterContinental lounge at the Danang airport is no longer open.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 7:04 am

So basically they skimpt on everything, while still charging top dollar?
Not even champagne in club?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by demue
275US$ ++ for Club is nuts and all that for reduced/ downgraded wine and spirits and all that. With Diamond getting breakfast, I'd not pay for Club any longer as you can buy a lot of drinks and food for 275+ bucks a day.

It was nice to stay at the resort once, but it is certainly not a must repeat type of experience for us though opinions will vary. The pricing these days for a place like VN is just too bonkers for my taste, both room rate and Club wise.
%

$275 will get you a suite at Danang Hilton including tax and club access too. And it is closer to town so you can enjoy the local food. I heard there is a sandwich shop that is a must eat.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:37 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
%

$275 will get you a suite at Danang Hilton including tax and club access too. And it is closer to town so you can enjoy the local food. I heard there is a sandwich shop that is a must eat.
Sorry but u cant compare a city hotel to the ic resort... the ic danang is a truly exceptional property. I stayed at the hilton during first year of opening. It was loud until early morning because of clubs downstairs. Could barely sleep.
just compare the hotel area on a map and it is easy to see why ic has to charge way more.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by demue
275US$ ++ for Club is nuts and all that for reduced/ downgraded wine and spirits and all that. With Diamond getting breakfast, I'd not pay for Club any longer as you can buy a lot of drinks and food for 275+ bucks a day.

It was nice to stay at the resort once, but it is certainly not a must repeat type of experience for us though opinions will vary. The pricing these days for a place like VN is just too bonkers for my taste, both room rate and Club wise.
$275 is indeed a lot, but I'm not sure I agree that you can get a lot of food and drink for that at the IC danang. If you aren't diamond then breakfast is $70. So you have $200. As I recall from our 2019 trip, food and drink was top money there, so $100 per person per day might not go too far. If you are diamond, then things swing a bit different, and swing different again if you don't drink alcohol.

I note from the above menu that they have also dropped Jack Daniels from the lounge offering.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The room service menu pricing for some items wasn't that horrendous, surely not like the French Maison restaurant.

We had Club back then IIRC it was 180++ USD with a double upgrade to a suite as well (taking AMB into account as well). Given we had points nights and no breakfast (Spire meant diddly squat back then as we all know) it was a fair deal though not cheap (nothing there is, agree on that).

As you are a captive audience at the resort, we went for evening drinks and nibbles and then when it finished ordered our dinner from room service menu and ate it at the Club. Free non-alcoholic drinks and tea etc. made it a decent value, especially as we ate local options like Pho and such as it tasted good. Quite enjoyable actually and I fondly remember the Monkey 47 G&Ts. Alas, no more.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by KL808
I have no status with IHG, not even a member lol, but am contemplating this hotel. I am also looking at the Four Season Nam hai.

Anyone have stayed at both recently? Which one would you recommend for a family of 4 with 2 young kids.

Which Seaside Villa is better? Beach or Rocks? Does anyone know the size of the pool within these rooms?

A lot is spoken about club access, does anyone know if these rooms get club access, it doesn't mention it at the booking page and there's no option for it at the end neither. I'm assuming that it does not.

At 5K usd for the IC vs 5.6K usd for the FS (similar pool villas w/ bfast) what do you think?
Did you make a decision on where you're staying? Considering the Nam Hai and the IC as well. Also, if the IC, looking at the Heavenly Villa, Beach Villa or Rocks Villa. All the same price.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 12:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I am staying here today, as diamond with club access curious to see what has changed since our stay 3 years ago.
we then go to Hoi An to stay at McGallery and Anantara before coming back to Danang to stay at Premier village and Pullman.
sidenote - we hated the Hilton danang before!
Fims and 336 like this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
On an award stay, if you have no incidental spend on food etc, is there any charge (resort fee etc)?
Old Oct 10, 2022, 5:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
The Anantara in Hoi An is really the best choice for a stay in Hoi An City proper.
You have riverview, an easy walk past the market to the shops/restaurants.
Just a 20 min bike to the beaches to the east

The FS Nam Hai is just like a golden prison
Old Oct 10, 2022, 10:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Having stayed here yesterday our stay was as such:
Reward stay as Diamond Ambassador with CLUB lounge access

1. welcome was a bit lousy - the team didnt pick up my email for pre-arrival and didn't reach out either ahead of stay
2. we did show pre-arrival upgrade to king suite club level.
3. on arrival the team was a bit unprepared. they didn't know we stayed before, they didnt know about the club access through mobile app showing them so. they didnt know (or rather didnt proactively inform) about ambassador benefits

actual stay:
1. afternoon tea --> nice scones but lousy 3 sandwiches and nothing too interesting! not worth the time and effort to go to club lounge
2. evening canapes --> cocktails were nicer but small selection. the food was limited to one serving of tiny cold+hot bites (think half a spring roll, half a nem, tiny salmon wrap, 2 small cakes) --> nothing to be excited about tbh. the nicest part was the view/sunset from club lounge.
3. dinner at citron. we found the food very average. crab fried rice was not very nice. the pork belly in clay pot was ok but i had this dish many times and done better. the chicked shredded salad was very nice --> overall 5-6 out of 10
4. breakfast was exceptionally WELL DONE. A la carte in club + buffet in citron. great quality of dishes and variety of drinks + really nice bibimbap, banh cuon, pho, bun bo hue, etc...
5. room was lovely, bedding comfy, amenities still in small harnn bottles :-)

other observation:
1 - huge renovations in many places still ongoing (suggested until Dec)
2 - staff very happy and obliging, trying their best
3 - all IHG benefits provided, albeit not proactively and staff should be more trained/pro-active on these
Old Oct 10, 2022, 10:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HadesNL
The Anantara in Hoi An is really the best choice for a stay in Hoi An City proper.
You have riverview, an easy walk past the market to the shops/restaurants.
Just a 20 min bike to the beaches to the east

The FS Nam Hai is just like a golden prison
Staying at MGallery today which is ok but not a stunning hotel (though they gave us breakfast+suite upgrade+welcome drink + 30min massage)
Anantara tomorrow is exciting - for 190usd rate we get using my TA rate:
- 100usd dining credit
- 50min massage for 2 pax
- Late checkout upon availability
- Buffet breakfast for 2 pax
- Room upgrade upon arrival
HadesNL likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 2:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thats a good deal for that price!
Enjoy and let us know how it went

IC Danang has been on my list for a visit....
We went actually for the (prepandemic holidays) from Hoi An via Da Nang's Cham museum straight to Hue as part of a private oackage tour.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Can anyone comment on this?

Originally Posted by italdesign
On an award stay, if you have no incidental spend on food etc, is there any charge (resort fee etc)?
Old Dec 30, 2022, 4:18 am

If you booked any stay during the recent 16,000-point flash sale, or have any cheap reward stay booked with them, beware that your reservation may have just got cancelled. They didn't send any communication and I didn't receive a cancellation email. I have filed a complaint with IHG to see what they say.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.